• Thanks for stopping by. Logging in to a registered account will remove all generic ads. Please reach out with any questions or concerns.

Whos my recruiting officer

C

Charlie

Hey guys, I keep hearing everyone talking about how they're going to " phone their recruiting officer"
but I've been given numbers of a bunch of people, the officer that did my interview, a medical officer, and a couple of other recruiters who came up here when I did my aptitude test.  Oh by the way when I say " people who came up here" I'm saying that because I live far away from the recruiting centre so I have to wait until the recruiting centre makes trips up to my area.  I live on the north coast of B.C. and the nearset recruiting centre is in Vancouver or Victoria. Maybe that's why it's it different, because I've never actually been in a recruiting office, so maybe the procedure is a whole lot different.  Does any body know if it matters who I call when I have any questions.  Would it be  better if I called the same person, maybe try and get to know them, get my name in there better.??  Any input would be much appreciated, thanks a lot.                                                    CHEERS :salute: :cdn:

North coast of BC huh?  I was born and raised around that area.  I consider myself lucky living driving distance away from a recruiting center.

If you want answers your best bet is to call the recruiting center in Vancouver and talk to the secretary about your file.  They will know the current status on your application and who is working on it.  Even though I live in Vancouver I always find I get much better results by emailing my primary recruiter (this person changes all the time depending on where I stand in the application process.).  They are very prompt in returning my email (usually within the same day if I email them before they get to the office.

Another surefire method is calling the recruiter who conducted your interview.  These people are usually hard to get a hold of so it might be easier to email them or leave a message on their voice mail.

By the way doesn't the CF pay for your expenses when you have to go to the nearest recruiting center to write the test, do the medical and do the physical?  I know I got a money back from the bus fare money I spent going to the recruiting center those three times...although it took a very long while and it was only a few measly dollars it was still a nice gesture.  I thought they treated out of town applicants the same?

Just call the office (direct), everything is entered into computers, so even the lowly file clerk in the back desolate office can help you out.

AndrewD83 said:
...If you want answers your best bet is to call the recruiting center in Vancouver and talk to the secretary about your file.  They will know the current status on your application and who is working on it...

This is all I did when I needed to speak to someone. In my experience your file is at different "stations" depending on how far you are into the  recruiting process.  Just tell the front desk who you are and how much you have completed and they should be able to put you through to the right person.

AndrewD83 said:
...By the way doesn't the CF pay for your expenses when you have to go to the nearest recruiting center to write the test, do the medical and do the physical?  I know I got a money back from the bus fare money I spent going to the recruiting center those three times...although it took a very long while and it was only a few measly dollars it was still a nice gesture.  I thought they treated out of town applicants the same?

This is also correct in my experience, although it does only count for when you do your scheduled tests. If you just want to go in and enquire in person, you're sol on getting them to pay for your trip down there.

I also got just as good communication through email as on the phone.

Cheers,
Morgs

Thanks guys, I do always end up getting my questions answered...I just wasn't sure who the most effective person was to talk to, in regards to getting my application moving.  So it sounds like the guy who did the interview.  Oh and yeah they got me to sign a paper for them to pay for my trip when I went out in January.  But they said it was the cost of a bus that they pay you,  and the bus costs 10$, but that only goes to the airport, then you would have to take a cab for another 4 km, which isnt to far but being in a cab it would prolly cost about 20$.  Also that's just to get there, you have to pay again to get back, and it sounded like they only paid for your trip out there. Oh by the way the trip from my house to where they came up (Kitimat----> Terrace) is only 55km and I took a car, so it wouldnt cost the same anyways.  They havent paid me yet, it's been about a month so I don't know whats going on.  Anyways thanks for the info guys. 

CHEERS :salute: :cdn:

******************************************* Yeah that's a ******* name.   You still have any relatives up on the ************?   Where did you live ******************?   Anyways thanks for the help.   Cheers :) :D ;D :salute: :cdn:

Just to warn everyone , the Recruiting center wont always give you money for traveling expenses like they say they do.
All three times I travelled to the recruiting center for testing, they told me they were out of money, and that they were sorry and they would get me the money later , which never happened.

So your not the only one that didn't get paid. More then likely as soon as you left, they took the cash and went and bought themselves a burger at Mcdonalds, or where ever the folks at Recruiting center Vancouver eat.

McDonald's eh? haha  well at least somebody got some good use out of it....bunch of sticky fingered recruiters :mad:  But seriously if it's been a whole month i'm prolly not getting paid?......wait a sec you know what...when the lady asked me to sign a paper to get money back, i said dont' bother because it wasn't a very far ride (and i didn't pay for it)...and she made a funny face...kind of angry...i bet she was thinking she wasnt gonna get to go to lunch if i didnt sign that paper.....she pulled one over on me.........................

Bob the builder said:
Just to warn everyone , the Recruiting center wont always give you money for traveling expenses like they say they do.
All three times I travelled to the recruiting center for testing, they told me they were out of money, and that they were sorry and they would get me the money later , which never happened.

So your not the only one that didn't get paid. More then likely as soon as you left, they took the cash and went and bought themselves a burger at Mcdonalds, or where ever the folks at Recruiting center Vancouver eat.

Personally I think thats out of line....  Whenever I had to be reimbursed from recruiting they it bang on the spot. IF you went back with recepits or the such from your past times I believe you would get reimbursed no problem.  I don't know for sure, but it doesn't hurt to try...

Charlie said:
Thanks guys, I do always end up getting my questions answered...I just wasn't sure who the most effective person was to talk to, in regards to getting my application moving.  So it sounds like the guy who did the interview.  Oh and yeah they got me to sign a paper for them to pay for my trip when I went out in January.  But they said it was the cost of a bus that they pay you,  and the bus costs 10$, but that only goes to the airport, then you would have to take a cab for another 4 km, which isnt to far but being in a cab it would prolly cost about 20$.  Also that's just to get there, you have to pay again to get back, and it sounded like they only paid for your trip out there. Oh by the way the trip from my house to where they came up (Kitimat----> Terrace) is only 55km and I took a car, so it wouldnt cost the same anyways.  They havent paid me yet, it's been about a month so I don't know whats going on.  Anyways thanks for the info guys. 

CHEERS :salute: :cdn:

KITIMAT!  Cool!  That is where I was born and raised.  There are a few of us in the military (most Navy in Victoria)

I didn't get my travel pay until middle of Jan to early Feb and I finished my written, medical, physical and interview in early November.  But at least you get some money back for your expenses...other places won't give you a dime (for example the city police departments).  Think of it as a minor investment for a potential career.

putz said:
Personally I think thats out of line.... Whenever I had to be reimbursed from recruiting they it bang on the spot. IF you went back with recepits or the such from your past times I believe you would get reimbursed no problem. I don't know for sure, but it doesn't hurt to try...

lol, im so out of line.  Either way I didn't have any receipts to give.  ( also a lesson to everyone else new joining, keep a record of everytime you do anything with the military, receipts, and paperwork in a nice folder ) 

Bob the builder said:

They shouldn't give you any money anyway.   Giving money to someone looking for a job is asinine.   Quit your whining and quit the accusations of fraud.   Keep asking/whining for your money and they will give it to you.   Then you can brag about what a wussy organization we are because we actually pay people to come in and get a job.

And we keep records of everytime you visit so if you are entitled to money we will get it to you eventually.   It is because we pay out so much that we run out quickly and we can't just use our bank card to get more.

People have been travelling to find jobs since the beginning of time and when they are applying to the CF they get paid for doing it.  When they don't get their money right away they whine and accuse people of fraud.  What a joke.

First of all, I didn't ask for any money for travelling there.   Second of all, when the officer told me they were going to reimburse me, I said that's alright dont worry about it, it wasn't very far...and the officer gave me a funny look, like i just yelled out a swear word.   I would have thought the officers would have been glad that i said no thanks, but obviously that's not aloud.   I think it is ridiculous for someone getting payed for a job interview myself, but it was as if I wasn't allowed to say no when they offered.   I don't understand this.   My 2 cents.                        Cheers

By the way I've never mentioned the reimbursment to anybody I've called at the recruiting centre since then.   If I get it I get it, if I don't I don't. Sorry if my other post sounded like whining it wasn't meant to come off that way, honestly.

Charlie said:
First of all, I didn't ask for any money for travelling there.   Second of all, when the officer told me they were going to reimburse me, I said that's alright dont worry about it, it wasn't very far...and the officer gave me a funny look, like i just yelled out a swear word.   I would have thought the officers would have been glad that i said no thanks, but obviously that's not aloud.   I think it is ridiculous for someone getting payed for a job interview myself, but it was as if I wasn't allowed to say no when they offered.   I don't understand this.   My 2 cents.                        Cheers

By the way I've never mentioned the reimbursment to anybody I've called at the recruiting centre since then.   If I get it I get it, if I don't I don't. Sorry if my other post sounded like whining it wasn't meant to come off that way, honestly.

If you would check the quote that I included in my post I wasn't even referring to you.

kincanucks said:
They shouldn't give you any money anyway.   Giving money to someone looking for a job is asinine.   Quit your whining and quit the accusations of fraud.   Keep asking/whining for your money and they will give it to you.   Then you can brag about what a wussy organization we are because we actually pay people to come in and get a job.

. . .

People have been travelling to find jobs since the beginning of time and when they are applying to the CF they get paid for doing it.   When they don't get their money right away they whine and accuse people of fraud.   What a joke.

Exactly. If you're looking for money to out to Alberta and work on the rigs or something. If you really want to serve, you'll pay your own way and you won't whine about it. Give it up, I've seen people on civvie street shell out a hundred dollars just to get resumes done up, and you guys are bitching about a few bucks for gas and lunch? Boo-frickitey-whoo.

It is a nice surprise though. The very first time I applied for the Reserves I was surprised and impressed that they would pay for your dinner and gas there and such. At the beginning of February when I had my final interview for the reg force they once again reimbursed me for my travels and lunch.. and that isn't cheap. Winnipeg is a good 200 km or so away, when the MCpl called me up and laid out $120 for gas and dinner I felt guilty for taking it all and told him that gas to Wpg and back to Shilo was only like 40 bucks, and that no way my dinner would cost 80. Still, he told me to take it so I did but.. wow, 120 dollars for driving in for an interview? Giddyup.

I'm not a tremendous fan of recruiting but really, what other potential employer will give you money for travel expenses and for your lunch?

Out of curiosity, do our civil service counter parts also reimburse, for expences during the selection process?  If so Canada Custums owes me some money ;D (maybe they can just throw it onto my student loans).

Back