• Thanks for stopping by. Logging in to a registered account will remove all generic ads. Please reach out with any questions or concerns.

Who should MDs let die for a Bad Fashion Statement?

Plaids and tartans of any kind, exception for kilts.

Unless worn with knee high black leather boots.

I couldn't agree more Vern....kilt has to be somewhat shorter than normal...

OldSolduer said:

I couldn't agree more Vern....kilt has to be somewhat shorter than normal...

Kilt and Boots - Well, if it's what you and Vern want ..... who am I to criticize.

boots.gif

Kilt and Boots now that's what we're talking about!!! Good enough to make a grown women cry, and maybe a few men ;D :'(

But don't forget that sandals and knee high sock with shorts is just not a good look!  Oh, yeah and mesh muscle shirts, especially when it's all the same outfit.  But, we've all seen it.  And it's like a car accident, you can't look away, can yeah?

Same with socks,sandals and a banana hammock.  If you can't see your banana hammock when you look in a mirror, do us all a favour and BURN the damn thing!

I love crocs for their light weight and ease of cleaning. I have a pair in my ruck to put on my feet in the field when I take my boots off. I love then as my to/from the shower shoes (flip flops in the shower), and have even had to use them at the beach. They float too, so its not easy to lose them.

I think Crocs, when used correctly, are the best foot wear going. But correct use, is indeed the problem.

Its like guns: Guns don't kill people.....

Crocs are not uncool, just the people who wear them everywhere are.

St. Micheals Medical Team said:
I love crocs for their light weight and ease of cleaning. I have a pair in my ruck to put on my feet in the field when I take my boots off. I love then as my to/from the shower shoes (flip flops in the shower), and have even had to use them at the beach. They float too, so its not easy to lose them.

I think Crocs, when used correctly, are the best foot wear going. But correct use, is indeed the problem.

Its like guns: Guns don't kill people.....

Crocs are not uncool, just the people who wear them everywhere are.

+1

OldSolduer said:

ArmyVern said:

Speaking of fashion unconscious...who would possibly be insane enough to wear something like that?

;D

Small problem about letting croc wearers die - lots of docs wear crocs, especially in the OR, so I guess there'd be alot of chlorine going through that little gene pool  ;D.  On the bright side, better chances of getting into med school as enrollments would increase for a bit...

MM

For those wanting them Crocs makes a flip-flop model as well.  They are comfortable especially for driving.

As for fashion faux-pas - whaletails caused by thongs on anyone who should have looked twice in the mirror before leaving home. Crack of any kind is bad for you, cleavage excluded.

Speaking of fashion unconscious...who would possibly be insane enough to wear something like that?

;D

Well, I've never done the personal Bay City Roller impersonation, I've come pretty close.

;D

...ask your wife to put on a kilt and Knee high boots, and tell me if it was an insane choice.  ;)

startbutton said:
...ask your wife to put on a kilt and Knee high boots, and tell me if it was an insane choice.  ;)

I'd prefer a mini skirt with those boots...Thank you

PMedMoe said:

Damn PMeds...ruining all that is good and dangerous in life

Just the ones with holes are not safe...now Croc makes a solid version (no holes) that will negate the "bodily fluids into the holes" problem.

Body fluids aren't the only problem....

Hospitals are also concerned with reaction times being compromised, because clogs are more difficult to run in than traditional hospital footwear.

Another charge against Crocs is that they act as insulators, enabling enough static electricity to be built up to knock out medical equipment.

It's not the PMeds, it's Health and Safety Committees! These are civilian hospitals!  ;)

As we are approaching airshow season, one of the fashion things that haunts me most......

Tube Tops and Bike Shorts on people that are the same dimensions vertically and horizontally.

:eek: :eek:

WrenchBender

People who:

If a mere two inchs shorter would be circles -- wearing all manner of spandex (sometimes even with horrid croc shoes/tube tops/thongs).

~Shiver~ seems to be standard dress around these parts ...

I'm a firm believer that there should be height/weight/BMI requirements for the visual use of spandex - have no grief with people who use it as an anti-chafing garment that can't be seen, but only certain body types should be able to wear it as an outer garment...cottage cheese should be only seen on a plate.

MM

ArmyVern said:
People who:

If a mere two inchs shorter would be circles -- wearing all manner of spandex (sometimes even with horrid croc shoes/tube tops/thongs).

~Shiver~ seems to be standard dress around these parts ...

Reminds  me of the Westend Mall in Pembroke..............not one woman or child in the mall failed to meet that discription.

Around these parts, it appears to be fashionable to wear pajama pants out in public places. Most of the time, they are worn with a t-shirt or sweatshirt and of course, crocs to complete the ensemble. The vast majority of people who wear this dynamic outfit fit the 'circle' description above.  ::)

The wearing of pajama pants in public shuld be outlawed. It's laziness and lack of self discipline and pride in one's appearance.
That's my rant for this particular topic..... :rage:

Back