• Thanks for stopping by. Logging in to a registered account will remove all generic ads. Please reach out with any questions or concerns.

Who should MDs let die for a Bad Fashion Statement?

OldSolduer

Army.ca Legend
Reaction score
1,686
Points
910
Plaids and tartans of any kind, exception for kilts.


Unless worn with knee high black leather boots.

I couldn't agree more Vern....kilt has to be somewhat shorter than normal...
 

Michael OLeary

Army.ca Fixture
Subscriber
Donor
Reaction score
1
Points
410
OldSolduer said:
Plaids and tartans of any kind, exception for kilts.


Unless worn with knee high black leather boots.

I couldn't agree more Vern....kilt has to be somewhat shorter than normal...

Kilt and Boots - Well, if it's what you and Vern want ..... who am I to criticize.

boots.gif
 

ENGINEERS WIFE

Full Member
Reaction score
0
Points
0
Kilt and Boots now that's what we're talking about!!! Good enough to make a grown women cry, and maybe a few men ;D :'(


But don't forget that sandals and knee high sock with shorts is just not a good look!  Oh, yeah and mesh muscle shirts, especially when it's all the same outfit.  But, we've all seen it.  And it's like a car accident, you can't look away, can yeah?

Same with socks,sandals and a banana hammock.  If you can't see your banana hammock when you look in a mirror, do us all a favour and BURN the damn thing!


 

Armymedic

Army.ca Veteran
Mentor
Reaction score
0
Points
0
I love crocs for their light weight and ease of cleaning. I have a pair in my ruck to put on my feet in the field when I take my boots off. I love then as my to/from the shower shoes (flip flops in the shower), and have even had to use them at the beach. They float too, so its not easy to lose them.

I think Crocs, when used correctly, are the best foot wear going. But correct use, is indeed the problem.

Its like guns: Guns don't kill people.....

Crocs are not uncool, just the people who wear them everywhere are.
 

MedTechStudent

Sr. Member
Reaction score
0
Points
0
St. Micheals Medical Team said:
I love crocs for their light weight and ease of cleaning. I have a pair in my ruck to put on my feet in the field when I take my boots off. I love then as my to/from the shower shoes (flip flops in the shower), and have even had to use them at the beach. They float too, so its not easy to lose them.

I think Crocs, when used correctly, are the best foot wear going. But correct use, is indeed the problem.

Its like guns: Guns don't kill people.....

Crocs are not uncool, just the people who wear them everywhere are.

+1
 

Armymedic

Army.ca Veteran
Mentor
Reaction score
0
Points
0
OldSolduer said:
Plaids and tartans of any kind, exception for kilts.

ArmyVern said:
Unless worn with knee high black leather boots.

Speaking of fashion unconscious...who would possibly be insane enough to wear something like that?

;D
 

medicineman

Army.ca Fixture
Reaction score
260
Points
880
Small problem about letting croc wearers die - lots of docs wear crocs, especially in the OR, so I guess there'd be alot of chlorine going through that little gene pool  ;D.  On the bright side, better chances of getting into med school as enrollments would increase for a bit...

MM
 

Gunner98

Army.ca Veteran
Donor
Mentor
Reaction score
0
Points
360
For those wanting them Crocs makes a flip-flop model as well.  They are comfortable especially for driving.

As for fashion faux-pas - whaletails caused by thongs on anyone who should have looked twice in the mirror before leaving home. Crack of any kind is bad for you, cleavage excluded.
 

armyvern

Army.ca Myth
Subscriber
Mentor
Reaction score
22
Points
430
St. Micheals Medical Team said:
Speaking of fashion unconscious...who would possibly be insane enough to wear something like that?

;D

Well, I've never done the personal Bay City Roller impersonation, I've come pretty close.
 

startbutton

Jr. Member
Reaction score
0
Points
0
St. Micheals Medical Team said:
Speaking of fashion unconscious...who would possibly be insane enough to wear something like that?

;D

...ask your wife to put on a kilt and Knee high boots, and tell me if it was an insane choice.  ;)
 

Armymedic

Army.ca Veteran
Mentor
Reaction score
0
Points
0
startbutton said:
...ask your wife to put on a kilt and Knee high boots, and tell me if it was an insane choice.  ;)

I'd prefer a mini skirt with those boots...Thank you
 

Armymedic

Army.ca Veteran
Mentor
Reaction score
0
Points
0
PMedMoe said:

Damn PMeds...ruining all that is good and dangerous in life

Just the ones with holes are not safe...now Croc makes a solid version (no holes) that will negate the "bodily fluids into the holes" problem.

 

PMedMoe

Army.ca Legend
Donor
Reaction score
438
Points
880
Body fluids aren't the only problem....

Hospitals are also concerned with reaction times being compromised, because clogs are more difficult to run in than traditional hospital footwear.

Another charge against Crocs is that they act as insulators, enabling enough static electricity to be built up to knock out medical equipment.

It's not the PMeds, it's Health and Safety Committees! These are civilian hospitals!  ;)
 

WrenchBender

Jr. Member
Reaction score
0
Points
0
As we are approaching airshow season, one of the fashion things that haunts me most......

Tube Tops and Bike Shorts on people that are the same dimensions vertically and horizontally.

:eek: :eek:

WrenchBender
 

armyvern

Army.ca Myth
Subscriber
Mentor
Reaction score
22
Points
430
People who:

If a mere two inchs shorter would be circles -- wearing all manner of spandex (sometimes even with horrid croc shoes/tube tops/thongs).

~Shiver~ seems to be standard dress around these parts ...
 

medicineman

Army.ca Fixture
Reaction score
260
Points
880
I'm a firm believer that there should be height/weight/BMI requirements for the visual use of spandex - have no grief with people who use it as an anti-chafing garment that can't be seen, but only certain body types should be able to wear it as an outer garment...cottage cheese should be only seen on a plate.

MM
 

George Wallace

Army.ca Dinosaur
Reaction score
4
Points
410
ArmyVern said:
People who:

If a mere two inchs shorter would be circles -- wearing all manner of spandex (sometimes even with horrid croc shoes/tube tops/thongs).

~Shiver~ seems to be standard dress around these parts ...

Reminds  me of the Westend Mall in Pembroke..............not one woman or child in the mall failed to meet that discription.
 

Celticgirl

Sr. Member
Reaction score
0
Points
0
Around these parts, it appears to be fashionable to wear pajama pants out in public places. Most of the time, they are worn with a t-shirt or sweatshirt and of course, crocs to complete the ensemble. The vast majority of people who wear this dynamic outfit fit the 'circle' description above.  ::)
 

OldSolduer

Army.ca Legend
Reaction score
1,686
Points
910
The wearing of pajama pants in public shuld be outlawed. It's laziness and lack of self discipline and pride in one's appearance.
That's my rant for this particular topic..... :rage:
 
Top