• Thanks for stopping by. Logging in to a registered account will remove all generic ads. Please reach out with any questions or concerns.

Who in the army does/does not wear the LFC Badge

My regiment just sent 3 officers on cap who all had previous service they wore the RCA Brass cap badge (branch cap badge for officers) the flaming grenades and RCA Shoulder Titles not RCA Buttons however. (they are issued on completion of phase IV for Arty Officers) if thats any help.

Would you not wear the badge that you are already MOC qualified in until such time as your new trade training is completed?  We had a navy stoker who remustered to 041.  He wore an anchor on his hat, and all his navy clobber (back in the CF Greens days) on parade, until his TQ3 badging on grad parade.

ArmyVern said:
You'd wear nothing if you are posted to an AF base.

Holy crap! Are they all running around naked?  :eek:  (Clothing makes for FOD  ;))

I only write this because I don't think I really should be wearing the LFC badge.  As I recall from my former Reg Forces days, the command badge is the command from which you take direction.  I was as an Air trade, so I wore the air badge.  It obviously made more sense to purple trades to display their affiliation. 

These days I was told that because I wear the land uniform I have to wear the land command badge.  But, and not to make an issue of it, but the National Defence Act says that I take command from the the JAG, BGEN Watkin, and not the OC of Land Forces, LGen Leslie. 

Can anyone offer any help?  Do I, as a purple trade assigned to no unit or branch, actually wear a command badge?

Thanks

Roy Harding said:
You wear the Command badge of whatever command you belong to, regardless the colour of your DEU.  (Those in NDHQ don't wear one - they don't belong to a Command).
The ADMs (which make up a large part of NDHQ) do have command badges.

Roy Harding said:
He's just a pup.

I used to wear the Air Command Badge on my TANS, when I was Chief Clerk of 440 (T&R) Sqn, located in EDMONTON.

...and some of us did the reverse, Roy....FMC badge on AF DEUs. (how's that for a mark of the beast?  ;D )

G2G

If you are posted to CFSME you don't where the LFC badge either, instead you where the school's badge.

Nfld Sapper said:
If you are posted to CFSME you don't where the LFC badge either, instead you where the school's badge.

what school badge ?

CDN Aviator said:
what school badge ?

CFSME's badge.

EDITED to ADD

Acutally not he CFSME School Crest but the one with the Lion on it which I will send to you.

Nfld Sapper said:
CFSME's badge.

I know what the school crest looks like, i wasnt aware they had made  a badge out of it for wear on DEUs.  When i got there in 2001 we wore the "genie lamp" badge but that was done away with shortly after my arrival and we didnt wear anything.  When was this brought about ?

Not sure when it was brought in but they currently wear a badge in lieu of the LFC badge.

Yeah that might be it anyways found it in the profile pics database as ADM HR MIL under Insignia's

ADM HR-Mil has not existed for more than a year now.  It's now called Military Personnel Command, falling under Chief Military Personnel, but most commonly referred to as CMP.

CSA 105 said:
I don't think it's a lion.  I think it's the CMP Gryphon on the red and white shield.  CFSME was a CMP school until just recently, pending transfer back to the Army, hence its members would wear the Military Personnel Command badge.  CFSME, CFSCE, CFFA/CFNBCS, CFSEME, etc all belonged to CMP until recently.  CFSME, CFSCE and CFSEME will go back to the Army.  When they do, they'll wear the LFC badge.

edit to add link to CMP website

You have it correct.

When the new CMP badge was announced, it was quite hilarious -- what with my phone ringing off the hook with CFSME pers calling CSG looking to get it issued (and it's design had only just been approved). I was a good 4 months until we saw any on Base coming in from the contractor. Circa fall '05/winter '06 I believe it was -- in the same time period as the new CWO insignia was coming out.

Nfld Sapper said:
Not sure when it was brought in but they currently wear a badge in lieu of the LFC badge.
It would have been the CMP badge (same thing as is worn at RMC and CFC).  CFSME has been OPCON to the Land Staff since this past spring and I am not sure what is worn today.  It will be the LFC pin by next spring when the school is transfered OPCOM to the Land Staff.

When I left in Sept it was still the CMP badge.

BTW CFSME as of this summer has been put under the command of CTC Gagetown.

CSA 105 said:
ADM HR-Mil has not existed for more than a year now.  It's now called Military Personnel Command, falling under Chief Military Personnel, but most commonly referred to as CMP.

Actually, most commonly referred to as the ChiMP - but perhaps not to their face...

sappertypeC1A1 said:
what is the difference between cross-rifles and cross-rifles with crown?

Cross-rifles = First Class Shot

Cross-rifles with Crown = Marksman

Back