• Thanks for stopping by. Logging in to a registered account will remove all generic ads. Please reach out with any questions or concerns.

Who in the army does/does not wear the LFC Badge

its intresting to note that if your army, serving on a naval base/ship, you dont wear a LFC badge or a Naval badge either

Get Nautical said:
its intresting to note that if your army, serving on a naval base/ship, you dont wear a LFC badge or a Naval badge either

You dont wear an LFC badge because you dont belong to LFC and IIRC there is no maritime command badge.

and if you are army and serve on an air force base, you dont wear an AF badge either, thats because theres no such thing

Get Nautical said:

If you are wearing NCDs then you do wear the ship's crest on the jacket though.  And yes, army and air force wear the NCDs too.

CDN Aviator said:
and if you are army and serve on an air force base, you dont wear an AF badge either, thats because theres no such thing

What is the NORAD 'pin' that is worn at 22 Wing called then, just a command badge?  It is worn on DEUs and on the s/s shirt by all 3 elements.

airmich said:
What is the NORAD 'pin' that is worn at 22 Wing called then, just a command badge?  It is worn on DEUs and on the s/s shirt by all 3 elements.

But he said that the Air Force (as in AirCom) doesn't have a Command Badge. He's correct, neither does MarCom (those ship identifier patchs aren't Command Badges either) -- and that NORAD 'pin' sure ain't an Air Command badge.

This thread is was about Command Badges ...

I had kept my 2 posts separate to try and avoid confusion, a bit anyway!  Get Nautical had mentioned that they don't wear "naval badges" so I was pointing out that the ship identifier could/would be classified as a naval badge, although definitely not a command badge.

As for the NORAD pin, just curious as to what it would be classified as then, just another unit identifier?

ArmyVern said:
This thread is was about Command Badges ...

My apologies for taking it off track.

airmich said:
As for the NORAD pin, just curious as to what it would be classified as then, just another unit identifier?

My apologies for taking it off track.

No worries ... it doesn't confuse me!!  ;D (It may some of the others ...)

Well, I'd think that it signifies working in a Command & Control facility of NORAD. All 13 Air locations fall under 1 CAD and make up the Canadian NORAD Region, but only those posted in Command & Control facilities wear the NORAD pin. I'm sure someone will correct me if I'm wrong.

Nfld Sapper said:
And I've seen a PO2 wearing the LFC Badge.

Is it such a hard concept to understand that the colour of ones uniform is irrelevant when it comes to command badges ?

That PO2 wears an LFC badge because he/she , at the time, belongs to LFC.  It has SFA to do with the navy uniform he/she is wearing. If that PO2 gets posted to Esquimalt...guess what happens ?

airmich said:

I'm going to assume that radar scopes have not completely blinded you and that, even thought you are an AC Op, that you have not entirely jettisoned you brain cells and managed to read what i posted.  ;D

Air Command does not have a command badge

CDN Aviator said:
I'm going to assume that radar scopes have not completely blinded you and that, even thought you are an AC Op, that you have not entirely jettisoned you brain cells and managed to read what i posted.  ;D

We are not like the U.S.A.F. where all have a patch.
BUt we do know our Air Force,

:salute: :cdn:

Nick

CDN Aviator said:

Hey now, of course I still have brain cells, I'm an ac op not an aesop.  ;)

That's what I get for late night posting.  Yes, I read what you wrote and meant to type "unit" badge for the original posting vice "command".

You want confusion, try being a reg force infanteer working for a Naval reserve unit, it took a good year to get that one sorted out!!

Back