• Thanks for stopping by. Logging in to a registered account will remove all generic ads. Please reach out with any questions or concerns.

Whitehorse. What should I expect?

-Hutch- said:
-Absailing regular style and Aussie style, fromthe tallest site in Canada for cadets. (about 350 ft high)
-whitewater rafting
-about a 350 km canoe trip
-5 day patrol
-mountain biking
-C7 familiarization
-sports days

Good show! Yeash, makes me want to go even MORE!

Cdnarmybear said:
There are alot of Northern kids that go to that camp,some of whom are not accustomed to flush toilets or trees or the weather because some of the spots they come from are pretty far North. Like Inuvik.

There are lots of flush toilets in Inuvik...there are afterall over 10,000 people and 1500 houses there! They have phones and internet too!

Guess what, even when you take the ice road and go farther north...all the way to Tuktoyuktuk...they have phones and flush toilets too!

;)

Facts about Yukon: http://www.gov.yk.ca/facts/index.html

Another fact...everything is much more expensive up North.

I don't know about prices in Whitehorse specifically however in Inuvik 2 years ago a 24 of beer in Dec cost $47.80.

I know this has been a dead topic for quite awhile, but reading about, there sure have been a lot of changes  (I really didn't want to start a new topic either).  I went there in 1993.  There were no shotguns carried by anyone.  There was no mountain biking, or whitewater rafting.  We did have the canoeing, and went on runs with Kodiak's (big rubber dinghie with an boat motor on the back).  Two 5 day FT X's, and two 3 day FT X's if my memory serves me correctly.  This was back when the army cadet CLI course held there was called CLI-Patrolling.  Most of the instructing subjects were based on fieldcraft, and bushcraft.  Most of the rest of the people that were there, were part of the band program.  I do remember spending most of my $120 on the arcade.  Is that still there?  It was great training with the British cadets, the first time I had experienced that.  I am just glad we didn't have their woolly uniforms.  As with anywhere else, watch your kit like a hawk, it grows legs.  Most of the stuff that went missing though, wasn't personal kit, it was basic toiletries, like toilet paper. ???  It only rained twice when I was there, and being the numpty that I was, I managed to drop my sleeping bag (no valice) into the only mud puddle in a 200km area, lol.  Brings back great memories.  Excellent training area, and lots of fun.

Back