• Thanks for stopping by. Logging in to a registered account will remove all generic ads. Please reach out with any questions or concerns.

where would I be station after I complete all required training ?

tech2002

Inactive
Reaction score
Hello,
This is my first post here, I have been reading a lot of information about entire process from enrollment to getting into trade . A lot of usefull information here which will help me a lot .
I am looking to join CF and going to LCIS TECH, 227.
Currently I live with my wife in Toronto . The question I have is regards the base that I might be station at. Do I have chance to choose my base, ex: Borden, Ontario or will I have to be transfer to other bases ? My wife has hard time to adjust to change and changing job.
How is that working ? Thanks in advance

They will eventualy ask you to put down 3 choices.....

After that, they can send you ANYWHERE

Clear enough ? Thats how it works, they send you where they need you

Cheers

You will also not spend your entire career in one place, so your wife is gonna have to get used to change and learn to deal with it

regards

As an LCIS tech you would most likely end up at an army base ( i.e. Petawawa, Edmonton, Shilo etc..) as one of your first postings, not many positions for a tech (land) with the navy or air force.  That being said, there are certainly positions in Borden, however, if you would happen to get posted there don't expect to spend your career there.  Change is inevitable in this line of work.  Good luck!

Back