• Thanks for stopping by. Logging in to a registered account will remove all generic ads. Please reach out with any questions or concerns.

WHEN IS the next Naval Officer Assessment Board (NOAB) ?

I agree with Northernboy_24. The general feel I got by talking to people at CFRC and the Edmonton base and few friends already in Navy, if you have engineering degree then it is not a huge issue getting a call for NOAB and chances are pretty good for a position. I checked on my file status but it seems like an endless wait. I am in state of confusion whether to register for my classes in September.

Anyways I hope that I hear from them soon. I am also happy that I have engineering degree

K

I hope you get the call for september, from my experience the engineers at NOAB did very well.

I have been pretty worried lately about when this next NOAB was going to start (if at all this year)  It is good to hear that a date is set (though was hoping for the start of Sept)    I have an engineering degree myself and it puts a little ease to mind hearing that degrees have a good chance of getting in (Going for MSE) 

Here is to a little luck  ;D

megsy said:
If you end up on the next NOAB, don't obsess about chances/spots/etc. because it isn't something that you can control beyond your own behaviour and your own performance in the interview and exams.  Stay positive and optimistic!

Good advice for us all.  Thanks Megsy!

megsy said:
As an update from my personal situation, those of us who passed the last NOAB (in July) have been getting BMOQ start date calls for the past couple of weeks.

Just out of curiosity, what BMOQ dates have the people from the last NAOB been getting?  Sept 2010, Nov 2010, Jan 2011?

Cheers,
-Mike

We were all initially told January 17, 2011 but based on the sample of people who are in the Facebook group, quite a few of us have gotten calls back changing it.

The majority of us appear to have November 8, 2010 start dates now.  One or two still appear to have January 17, 2011 dates.

megsy, I am told September 27th - October 1st 2010 as NOAB. I dont know where the NOAB will be held. I was phoning a few people I know in Ottawa and was told to wait until Monday Aug 16th to find out if my name will be on NOAB. The only reason I am trying to find out is to decide if I am going for NOAB otherwise reguster for my classes for Fall semester

K

guysletsdoit said:
megsy, I am told September 27th - October 1st 2010 as NOAB. I dont know where the NOAB will be held. I was phoning a few people I know in Ottawa and was told to wait until Monday Aug 16th to find out if my name will be on NOAB. The only reason I am trying to find out is to decide if I am going for NOAB otherwise reguster for my classes for Fall semester

K

I registered for my fall classes because I kept hearing a lot of different things about dates.  It will only cost me $20 to drop it so I'm going to hold on until the drop date in case something changes again.  You should look into your school's dropped class policy if you're really concerned...

If you're going on the NOAB you're only going to miss a week of classes since you would likely fly out on Sunday and back on Friday.  Back when I was in university for recruiting season (in my past life I wanted to be a Chartered Accountant, but that's a long story) I missed a ton of class for job-search reasons and although it was irritating to organize it with everyone it definitely didn't create too much of a problem.  You would have free time in the evenings of the NOAB to keep up with readings and homework as we only had one night (the Thursday, when there was a more formal dinner) where the agenda went beyond 4:00 or 4:30. 

megsy, what a coincidence, I am studying for Chartered accountant. and the same the I am not sure how I landed up in engineering although I finished with decent grades

When do they usually inform people if they are going to be invited to the upcoming NOAB? 2 weeks prior? Thanks

I think it all depends, i found out about a month before, but some people it was literally a week.

SK said:
When do they usually inform people if they are going to be invited to the upcoming NOAB? 2 weeks prior? Thanks
I think I had about 2 weeks notice, myself. But I recall hearing that others had only a weeks prior warning.

Not sure if anyone has updated dates on NOAB. I heard from CFRC as September 27th - October 1st 2010. But my friends in Ottawa says October 18th 2010 week as they were not able to get a ship form September 27th 2010. Anyone else has information?

I was been told I will know about the NOAB invitation, of course if I am getting one, a month in advance.

K

Hello Guys:

The September 2010 NOAB has been moved to mid October 2010. The candidate list will be finalized in early October 2010. Anyone else has this information? Please update the group if you have any information

I just spoke to some one at the CFRC three days ago, and they said the next NOAB is still in end of Sept/early Oct. Where are you getting your info from? Who is this "friend of yours"?

Does anyone know (from attending previous boards) how many candidates attend an NOAB?

clarkyo said:
Does anyone know (from attending previous boards) how many candidates attend an NOAB?

There were more than 50 on mine. Of course, that was split between MARS and the Engineering candidates? I wouldn't worry too much, if you are competitive you will go.  Are you going MARS or Engineering (MSE, CSE)?

I could not confirm changed NOAB dates with Edmonton CFRC. It seems I wont be able to do it until after the long weekend. I was also merit listed in July. It seems its still going to be a long wait after 2 years of waiting already

Back