• Thanks for stopping by. Logging in to a registered account will remove all generic ads. Please reach out with any questions or concerns.

When is she "Too Army"?

Cdn. Royal said:
When her weapons drills are smoother and faster than yours.........Because I love a woman with great weapons drills.

You've met my wife have you?

Danjanou.....you got to love those country girls who can out shoot most guys I/ we know. We are very luck men to have women who can provide accurate and effective covering fire.

Cdn. Royal said:
Danjanou.....you got to love those country girls who can out shoot most guys I/ we know. We are very luck men to have women who can provide accurate and effective covering fire.

LMAO, and that applies to all walks of life.

When her email addy is "ninerdomestic" and she likes it.

When she'd be perfect in the Army,... as a Sgt Maj. Any lower and she'd be in jail (and knows it).

She knows what DAG, M113, CFPAF, LTA, TD, IRRP, BOR, CoC, DSM, etc. means (and gets upset when Army types talk slow and use small words so she can understand).

Knows the rank structure better than you.

Your CO, OC, Pl Comd, Sgt Maj, Chief Clerk, ET, Pl WO and Sgt know her by first name, ...... and like her.

She's too army when...

She decides to name the first born after a famous soldier i.e. Chesty Puller (fill in last name)...even if its a girl.

She forms a local emergency militia group out of the other soldier's wives.

She has a diagram of the supermarket marked with objective lines and 'probable areas of engagement'.

She says you're not allowed to drink 8 hours before beginning 'infiltration operations' in the master bedroom.

She announces she's doing to 'do a recce' before entering a store.

She says "get it in ya" to the kids when they are trying to eat breakfast.

She reminds you of the marksmanship principles prior to sex so you dont forget to 'follow-through'.

She goes to park the car, lines up her car bumper with the cars on either side, and then shouts 'Still!'

Before you start doing yard work she does a time appreciation and gives a warning order.

She refers to your talking to other women as a 'security breach'.

After you have had a fight, she maintains 'radio silence' until you 'authenticate'.

When cleaning the yard, she lines up the kids and does a 'brass sweep'.

When buying a new house she wants an estimate of 'house defence' capability.

When she trains the dog, it is not allowed to sit until she says 'at ease'.

She refers to you spending the night on the couch as 'forced rest'.

She calls on 'O group" and does a combat appreciation prior to your mother coming over.

George Wallace said:
You forgot to mention that her Int Network was better than yours.

Oh! Damn right... all the local mamas know everything the kids are up to.  Amazing rumor mill potential to tap into when we lived on base. 

"  ...when she says we have to adopt 'countermeasures' to prevent being gossiped about on the local rumor mill. "

Centurian,

That looks like something to print and put on the fridge!

Actually, everyone's should ALL go together on something to put on the fridge!  A Friday night project... :salute:

;D

I couldnt find anything on this subject on the net, so had to think of a few of my own. 

Kudos to Paracowboy for the idea.

Probably best to get a few more and then select the best ones. There's lots of brain power out there and I figure by Monday there should be a full list of new ones that will have us ROFL.

However, if youre going to put it on the fridge, would also have to remove the sexual reference ones unless you want the kids to ask "Daddy, why would mommy want you to 'follow-through'?".    ;D

Another for your list:
"She agrees to marry you on 6 June so that you can easily remember your anniversary"

True Story: my anniversary is indeed 6 june!!!

vonGarvin said:
Another for your list:
"She agrees to marry you on 6 June so that you can easily remember your anniversary"

True Story: my anniversary is indeed 6 june!!!

Tough shit if your Regiment was in Italy, eh? ;)

Or still in England....

Michael Dorosh said:
Tough crap if your Regiment was in Italy, eh? ;)

Or still in England....
Well, on "THE" 6 June, my current Regiment AND my former regiment were both in Italy.  10 July would have been more appropriate for me, however, a bit obscure to Joe Civvy (And Jane Civvy, too).  So, I suppose that having been married on 10 July would make 9er Dom even MORE army ;)

PS: Current Regt: The RCR.  Former Regt: The Hastings and Prince Edward Regiment, the so-called "Plough Jockeys" of Farley Mowat's book "The Regiment".  Both were in 1 Bde of 1 Div (along with the 48th Highlanders of Canada out of Toronto). 

Funny story when I was in the Hasty P's: it seemed as though every other unit in the Central Militia Area (at the time) were named "xxx Regiment of Canada".  I remember a clerk writing the following in for my regimental affiliation one year at Borden "The Hastings and Prince Edward Regiment of Canada".  I corrected him/her.  "No, no, no!  It's not that, the name is 'The Hastings and Prince Edward Regiment'.  Period.  No 'of Canada' in my regiment's name, and don't forget to capitalise the word 'The'!"

Garvin out.

Back to the main theme of the thread, the closest I've come is having someone understand what I meant when I referred to her as my "Oberbefehlshaber". Although she is starting to refer to people by their last names, she still asks me stuff like "did you see Dave at work tonight?" and I have to stop and think before saying "umm, you mean Sergeant Major Txxxxxx?"

How about giving birth to the oldest on 17 Mar. I love Regimental Birthdays! (But I used to get in trouble when I got home from too many wobbly pops).

I'll ask 9D if she has any. She's pretty quick, so I'll have to get her to talk slow because I can't type very fast yet.

vonGarvin said:
10 July would have been more appropriate for me, however, a bit obscure to Joe Civvy (And Jane Civvy, too).

Battle of the Boyne?

Stupid civi question alert: niner domestic some bureaucratic code for dependent?

TMM said:
Battle of the Boyne?

Stupid civi question alert: niner domestic some bureaucratic code for dependent?

Niner is basically "boss" in civi terms. And well Domestic, you know, how a wife is supposed to be. hehe.

Back