• Thanks for stopping by. Logging in to a registered account will remove all generic ads. Please reach out with any questions or concerns.

When does BMOQ happen?

detective

Inactive
Reaction score
Since BMOQ is 15 weeks long, it obviously can't happen the summer after the end of high school.  Is there a smaller course they give you? Is it a different course depending on if you go to RMC or a civilian university?

IF you are RMC or civvy U it generally happens in the summer between your 1st and 2nd year.  Both do a orientation camp of sorts as an intro to the military in the first summer.  The RMC one is longer than the civvy U folks.  Because of that and other training they do throughout the year,  RMC folks do a shorter BMOQ (11 vice 15 weeks IIRC).

With some "detective" work you will find quite a few topics on BMOQ which will answer these questions.  The real question is: If you are looking into NCM-SEP for Naval Electronics Technician(Communications), then why are you worried about BMOQ?

I have recently changed what I want to do.  I am looking at applying for Communications & Electronics Engineering (Air) Officer through ROTP.

MJP said:
IF you are RMC or civvy U it generally happens in the summer between your 1st and 2nd year.  Both do a orientation camp of sorts as an intro to the military in the first summer.  The RMC one is longer than the civvy U folks.  Because of that and other training they do throughout the year,  RMC folks do a shorter BMOQ (11 vice 15 weeks IIRC).

Bang on - on both points. RMC N/OCdts get the shorter course due in part to some of the mil training provided at RMC. (FYOP - the 5 week RMC indoc period - counts for most of that.)

dreams to fly said:
I have finished my MOD 1-5 of PLQ how much of the officer training can i skip?

You'd have to go through PLAR/ CFRG Borden. From what I've seen, some former PRes ROTP applicants got an indoc bypass (along with all of the UTPNCMs), and did BMOQ from week 8 onwards. Other former PRes ROTP applicants got no bypass at all. The only way out of BMOQ and BMOQ-L (CAP) that I know of is to have been deployed as a combat arms Sgt leading a section. There's a few UTPNCMs at RMC who have had that experience.

YMMV

dreams to fly said:
I have finished my MOD 1-5 of PLQ how much of the officer training can i skip?

There is a equivalency sheet out there for the various courses.  I don't remember where I found it but it exists.  IIRC Mods 1-5 in themselves don't help you much.  You join a BMOQ course in the 8th week like Cheeky said. 

cheeky_monkey said:
The only way out of BMOQ and BMOQ-L (CAP) that I know of is to have been deployed as a combat arms Sgt leading a section. There's a few UTPNCMs at RMC who have had that experience.

YMMV

I wasn't a Sgt that deployed (although I did twice as a MCpl) and I got my bypass for CAP.  That one is a PLAR memo through Kingston and they will assess your experience and courses to make a determination.

Back