• Thanks for stopping by. Logging in to a registered account will remove all generic ads. Please reach out with any questions or concerns.

What's the size of your......hometown?

Population of the town you grew up in?

• Total voters
atticus said:
wow, you've lived practically everywhere! But Red Deer (my hometown) hasn't had 30 000 people since about the 1940's (its about 90,000 now)!

D*mn, I'm not usually one to toot my own horn... but sometimes I am a friggin genius.  Population of Red Deer in 1968 was 26,730....  :)

http://www.city.red-deer.ab.ca/Connecting+with+Your+City/Statistics+and+Demographics/Population+Information/Population+History.htm

Born in new westminster population - A Lot
Burnaby - MORE
Coquitlam - no clue
Watson lake Yukon - 1000
denmand island - 1000+
Comox - no idea
North Vancouver - 100 000
Terrace BC - 20 000
New aiyanche for a summer - 1000
Kamloops - 100 000

And now back in north vancouver.. there are a few places inbetween.

devil39 said:
D*mn, I'm not usually one to toot my own horn... but sometimes I am a friggin genius.  Population of Red Deer in 1968 was 26,730....  :)

http://www.city.red-deer.ab.ca/Connecting+with+Your+City/Statistics+and+Demographics/Population+Information/Population+History.htm

holy smokes, its tripled in the last 40 years!

Amherst Island, Ontario - population when I was growing up was under 500.  :)

British Settlement N.B ,100 or so, 110 during the population explosion of 88

Yep about 10 min away from Sackville NB ............close to the NB / NS boarder

I have no idea ......I always thought it was an extremely cool name though. It's  in the area of Fort Beasejour though, so Ive always wondered if that had something to do with it , now that you've mentioned it Ill have to try and find out.

Calgary (born, currently residing): at LEAST 1 million.
Vancouver: (6 months): 556,300.

As you can probably tell, I'm an army brat. I guess I consider Petawawa my "hometown". I went to highschool there and have lived there the longest.

Calgary, Alberta (born there and lived there 6 weeks) -1985
Denver, Colorado- 1985-1986
Lahr, Germany- 1986-1990
Chilliwack, B.C- 1990-1994
Halifax (Lower Sackville), Nova Scotia- 1994-1999
Petawawa, Ontario- 1999-2003
North Bay, Ontario (For University 8 months of the year and the summer back at Pet) 2003-Present

Ottawa, born and raised.

I freaking love this city, it's Bluesfest right now, K-Os is playing tonight, should be good!

Mike_R23A said:
Ottawa, born and raised.

I freaking love this city, it's Bluesfest right now, K-Os is playing tonight, should be good!

Wasn't Ottawa rated the best city in the world to live in by the UN (and Tokyo, Osaka and New York the worst)?

I was born in Regin, Sask, Buit I am a true army brat and was in Gagetown, NB for 10 years, then Cold Lake for 5 and back To Gagetown.  Now I am stuck here in Edmonton.  It is WAY TOO big for a small town girl like me.  I consider Gagetown my hometown and last time I checked I think with all of Oromocto, Burton and Geary the Pop was something like 10,000!

atticus said:
Wasn't Ottawa rated the best city in the world to live in by the UN (and Tokyo, Osaka and New York the worst)?

Not sure about that, though Ottawa has ranked close to the top in several different studies. Vancouver and Montreal have placed very high as well.

I grew up in Albert Bridge, Cape Breton, Nova Scotia.  How many people, god only knows, but it's been growing since as long as I can remember and keeps growing.  Great place to live and to raise kids, but I am retiring back to Dartmouth, Nova Scotia.

i don't know the sizes of some of the earlier places in my life but what the hell

lived in Scarborough for a few moments when i was born in '85
moved to Mississauga for a couple years (85-88)
Brampton (88-91)
Terra Cotta (ingle wood) ((91-97))
Orangeville (like 30 000 peoples , 97-present)

I was born in Thompson Mb, about 10000, moved to Toronto when I was 4, and moved to Ottawa when I was 6.

Clearwater, Manitoba. 100 people, which is declining rapidly (the old ones are dieing off, the young ones are moving off). The one thing that sort of amazes me is that out of about 10 kids who are in high school (or just graduated), two are joining the army.

Back