• Thanks for stopping by. Logging in to a registered account will remove all generic ads. Please reach out with any questions or concerns.

What's the size of your......hometown?

Population of the town you grew up in?

• Total voters
Copenhagen, Denmark 1.7 million
http://www.woco.dk/tourist

When I saw the title, I thought it was actually about small towns - most of y'all are city folk... 'course - I guess I technically am:

Kitchener ON (1976 - later that year) - unknown pop to me, I was born their then moved to...
Fort Saskatchewan AB (1977- ~1980) - unknown pop from that time period - now about 12,000
Rosetown SK (1980 - 1994) - what I consider my hometown to be pop 2000-2200 while I lived there
Fort Saskatchewan AB (1994-1995) - bumming around before University
Winnipeg MB (1995 - 2004) - pop 650,000 (yep, 65% of the province lives in this one city)
Saskatoon SK (2004-present) - pop 200,000 in summer, 220,000 during the school year

OK, yes, I've lived in the city, but I was raised in a small town where, until recently, you never had to lock your door.  Really!  If we went away for a long weekend we'd just leave the doors unlocked so the neighbours could feed the dog and bring in the newspaper. 

tlm.

So, umm what's the address Tim, I need some stuff to sell on e bay.  ;D My little home town was like that also, not anymore though, seems that everyone is getting more and more paranoid. Now if you'll excuse me I need to go fortify the front door.  8)

i was born in Oshawa ON i think there is about 150,000 people there
moved to sundridge ON 1,000 people there
8 years later moved to huntsville ON 18,000 people
than i moved to toronto. i think the GTA has 5,500,000 people

Locking doors? I don't know of anybody that locks their doors for at least 20 miles in any direction. Ditto for cars, when I was in Brandon my father parked his truck and left it unlocked with the keys still in it while we bummed around with the grandparents. lol, I can see that city life is going to force me to adjust a little bit when I move out... :p

Born in Montreal, family left when i was 4 then off to Vancouver till i was 9....to Toronto for a year, Vancouver for another year...to Montreal for a few weeks & finally Etobicoke. Moved many times around Etobicoke & currently in Brampton.

In my early years I lived in towns of a few thousand but I mostly grew up in coastal logging camps...the smallest one had a pop of about 25 (no following zeros) people.  The largest had about 100 people.  Now I'm in Vancouver for school.....I don't know if I'd call the move to the city a progression but as time goes on I find myself less reluctant to call Vancouver home. 

DJ

Ottawa...just below the 1 million mark! Ottawa Rocks!!! Best city in Canada...easy! ;D
UBIQUE!!!!

After retirement moved to Dapp AB. 12 houses, a church, an elementary school, and a bar....Hog Heaven!

Kat

Born in Vancouver, BC pop of 560,000
Grew up in Richmond, BC pop of 166,219  and Tsawwassen, BC pop of 25,000
Now I'm living in Edmonton, Ab pop of 1,001,500

born in st. john's, NL.. pop maybe 100,000 - 150,000 approx

moved to lab city.. not sure, maybe 25,000...

at age 2, moved to Charleston, NL. Population 48. We have a legion, and some post office boxes. No cable, no highspeed internet, no post office, no stores of any kind.

That's right, population...48 people... but at the most, 60 people here.

Back