• Thanks for stopping by. Logging in to a registered account will remove all generic ads. Please reach out with any questions or concerns.

What's the Dumbest Thing You've SEEN Today?

Since the limits of the "site" are hard to define, it would be hard to build a bridge over it that wouldn't disturb the "site".

My question is how do they know that it wasn't the last spider of that species that they did the necropsy on?

http://www.torontosun.com/2012/09/26/arizona-man-arrested-for-fake-grenade-launcher-stunt

Drug-using inmates demand syringes
Say they have right to free needles to fuel drug habit
By Michele Mandel, QMI Agency
Article Link

TORONTO - Stop us when this feels like Alice falling through the looking glass.

Federal prisoners are complaining their Charter rights are being violated because they’re not being supplied with clean needles to inject their illegal drugs — the same drugs that probably landed them behind bars in the first place.

Poor things.

Former Warkworth inmate Steve Simons as well as four AIDS prevention advocacy groups have launched a lawsuit against Ottawa alleging its repeated failure to provide clean needle and syringe programs in federal institutions is contributing to the increased risk of prisoners contracting HIV and hepatitis C.

Instead of monetary damages, Simons and the organizations are seeking a court injunction forcing the Harper government to provide clean drug needles in prisons across the country.

And here we thought jail was to get criminals off drugs, not to help them maintain their habit on the taxpayers’ dime.

The face of the lawsuit is Simons, imprisoned at Warkworth Institution from 1998 to 2010, who contracted hep C when a fellow inmate used his drug injection equipment. “When I was in prison, I would see people passing one homemade needle around and sharpening it with matchbooks. The needle would be dirty and held together with hot glue. I watched people shove a dull needle to try to penetrate their skin, creating craters, abscesses and disfigurements,” Simons said in a statement.

Needle exchanges are nothing new. A successful part of harm reduction strategies going back two decades, they’ve been set up in countless cities so users can get clean needles rather than risk contracting disease from using shared or dirty ones. But do they belong in the very places where criminals are sent for punishment and rehabilitation?

Jailed drug users deserve to have the same rights as those on the outside, argues Sandra Ka Hon Chu, senior policy analyst with the Canadian HIV/AIDS Legal Network, one of the four organizations involved in the lawsuit. “Prisoners are just asking for equivalent health care access,” she said in an interview.
More on link

Soccer Mom in a Minivan with custom plates.... eating a bowl of cereal using two hands, while driving in town. this is the 3rd time I have seen her. Tomorrow when I walk my daughter to school I shall bring my camera so I can read the damn license plate! Yes, I will call it in. If the police aren't interested, perhaps ICBC will be.

Immigrant Uses Car Seat Disguise in Attempt to Cross Border
September 25, 2012 EFE
Article Link

Melilla, Spain –  Authorities in Spain have detained an immigrant as he was trying to enter the Spanish city of Melilla from Morocco camouflaged as an automobile seat, on which another occupant of the vehicle was sitting.

Two other people were riding inside the car - the driver and a companion - and the latter was sitting on the double bottom prepared to hide the immigrant, the Civil Guard said Monday in a communique.

When police began searching the car, they noticed movement under the seat cover that could be a hidden person.

The Civil Guard emphasized the "originality" of the camouflage.

The immigrant is a man of around 20 who said he comes from Guinea Conakry, and he has been turned over to judicial authorities.

The driver of the vehicle and his accomplice, two Moroccans in their early 20s, were also turned over to police.
More on link

Punctured pipe led to massive gas explosion in Massachusetts
November 25, 2012 Associated Press
Article Link

A utility worker responding to reports of a natural gas leak in one of New England's largest cities punctured a pipe and an unknown spark ignited a massive explosion that injured 18 people and damaged 42 buildings, the state fire marshal announced Sunday.

Friday night's natural gas blast in Springfield's entertainment district was caused by "human error," State Fire Marshal Stephen Coan said at a news conference. He didn't name the Columbia Gas Go. worker who pierced the high-pressure pipe.

The worker was trying to locate the source of the leak with a metal probe that tests natural gas levels when the probe damaged the underground pipe, Coan said. A flood of gas then built up in a building that housed a strip club, and a spark touched off the blast, officials said.

~~~~~
Then this

After the pipe was ruptured, authorities evacuated several buildings. Most of the people injured were part of a group of gas workers, firefighters and police officers who ducked for cover behind a utility truck just before the blast. The truck was demolished.

Some officials said it was a miracle no one was killed. Springfield Fire Commissioner Joseph Conant praised the actions of city firefighters.

"The firefighters did an excellent job evacuating the area which certainly prevented additional civilian injuries and saved many lives," Conant said.

Columbia Gas officials have been cooperating with investigators and have determined that there are no more gas leaks in the neighborhood, Mayor Domenic Sarno said. Of course not you idiot.....you just blew them all up!!
More on link

US bureaucrats demonstrate how not to spend stimulus monies or "help" people with their transportation needs:

http://up-ship.com/blog/?p=17528

"$29 million in federal stimulus money"
AARRRGH, Forward!, Gah., I'm from the government, blather, dumbassery, news, politics,
Nov 19 2012

A harbor for Akutan, but no road to it

The US Army Corps of Engineers built a $29 million harbor two miles from the Innuit town of Akutan (year-round population: 75) but didn’t build a road between the two. That’s ok, because:

Air service to Alaskan island ends despite new $75.5 million airport

The airport for Akutan was built six miles away on another island (Akun). Granted, the people can’t use the harbor to access the airport, since they can’t get to the harbor… but they can take the 2007-vintage “Suna X” hovercraft from Akutan to Akun. Except for the fact that the British hovercraft is broke down most of the time. Mail service used to come in via a Grumman Goose amphibian… but when the old harbor at Akutan was modified to accommodate the hovercraft, the Goose could no longer run up the ramp there. So Akutan has a shiny new airport that they can’t actually get to most of the time.

Awesome.

Keep in mind: the same types of bureaucrats making these infrastructure decisions will be making your health care decisions.

I guess morbid curiosity is alive and well......  ::)

Funeral reality TV show to debut

TLC, which brought the world “Here Comes Honey Boo Boo” and “Sister Wives,” has hit new depths: The new one-hour special “Best Funeral Ever” will follow dead people’s journey to the grave.

The network announced Thursday that “Best Funeral Ever” will focus on the Golden Gate Funeral Home in Dallas, which prides itself on its unique theme funerals - or as Golden Gate calls them, “home-going celebrations.”

“A home-going is much different than a funeral, it’s a celebration,” Golden Gate CEO John Beckwith Jr. says of his company’s approach. “The Golden Gate experience is our version of the traditional African American home-going celebration. We do not produce generic funerals; everybody’s experience has to be different.”

In the case of “Best Funeral Ever,” that includes a Christmas-inspired funeral complete with elves, reindeer and snow and a barbecue-themed sendoff for a doo-wop singer who was well-known for a rib sauce jingle. A State Fair-themed funeral will allow a man whose disabilities prevented him from riding roller coasters to finally, um, experience the thrill rides, games and attractions he missed out on in life. (Sounds like a great sequel to “Weekend at Bernie’s.”)

“Best Funeral Ever,” which is produced by Park Slope Productions, will premiere Dec. 26 at 8 p.m. - just in case you’re experiencing any residual Christmas cheer and need a reminder of your mortality.

Just about saw some retard taxi driver get smoked outside of NDHQ today. He was westbound on Laurier on the start of the bridge right in front of NDHQ- complete dead ground to oncoming traffic eastbound. And abruptly he pulled a u turn across several lanes into the eastbound lane- vehicles going both ways almost hit him. He was carrying at least two passengers too.  :facepalm:

Reading reviews on PC Double Cream Brie (which, by the way is delicious!):

I've bought and returned this product before. There is a thin film of moldy fuzz (white) over the entire wheel.

::)

I don't know if this is a trend emerging or just a coincidence, but in the last 2 weeks or so I have been seeing people pulled over at unlikely and abnormal stopping places on streets and roads to talk on their cellphones.  Yeah, I got it, you need to pull over to talk on your phone, but FFS, can't you wait til you find a parking lot or something?  The call can likely wait a few minutes til you reach a safe place.

Out of the four occasions I have witnessed in the last two weeks, three of them could be considered safe, as there was ample room on the shoulder of the street, but nonetheless, this is not normal, and I believe that not normal is what causes accidents.

The fourth one takes the cake.  The person was pulled over on a two lane, old secondary highway.  The speed limit is 80km/hr (most do 90), the road is winding and there is significant traffic, including school buses and trucks.  The dumbass I witnessed decided to pull over at the end of a long bend (a police stop or cut off point couldn't have been sited better), on a narrow part of the road, with plenty of two way traffic in what would be considered rush hour;  all so they could answer their phone.

If you are, or know someone else who is this dumb, take an elastic band, wrap it around your head, and snap the %&$@ out of it.

PMedMoe said:
Reading reviews on PC Double Cream Brie (which, by the way is delicious!):

::)

I've bought and returned this product before. There is a thin film of moldy fuzz (white) over the entire wheel.

I've worked for Heritage in Mtl, KMart Foods, Sobey's, and Atlantic Superstore (Loblaws) in my late high school and university years. The most fun was working in the Deli department at the Superstore. I've heard the mold on cheese story more than once. I had to smile...

I don't know if this counts as dumb, but it does to me. I just had a fellow employee ask me how to spell microphone, thought that sounded pretty stupid.

GnyHwy said:
I don't know if this is a trend emerging or just a coincidence, but in the last 2 weeks or so I have been seeing people pulled over at unlikely and abnormal stopping places on streets and roads to talk on their cellphones.  Yeah, I got it, you need to pull over to talk on your phone, but FFS, can't you wait til you find a parking lot or something?  The call can likely wait a few minutes til you reach a safe place.

Out of the four occasions I have witnessed in the last two weeks, three of them could be considered safe, as there was ample room on the shoulder of the street, but nonetheless, this is not normal, and I believe that not normal is what causes accidents.

The fourth one takes the cake.  The person was pulled over on a two lane, old secondary highway.  The speed limit is 80km/hr (most do 90), the road is winding and there is significant traffic, including school buses and trucks.  The dumbass I witnessed decided to pull over at the end of a long bend (a police stop or cut off point couldn't have been sited better), on a narrow part of the road, with plenty of two way traffic in what would be considered rush hour;  all so they could answer their phone.

If you are, or know someone else who is this dumb, take an elastic band, wrap it around your head, and snap the %&$@ out of it.

They could stick the phone under the elatic band and have a hands free phone. :facepalm:

How could he after all those blows to the head he's had more concussions than a Lindros

Back