• Thanks for stopping by. Logging in to a registered account will remove all generic ads. Please reach out with any questions or concerns.

What's the Dumbest Thing You've SEEN Today?

CDN Aviator said:
And do what ?

It's hard enough to get a guy from the regimental hockey team in trouble, can you imagine getting a prince in shyte  ;)

I suppose, if you look at it from the point of the RCAF ;D

Looks like he had more fun at 28 than I was having at 28.  Get it while you can Harry! 

Russian woman kills elderly neighbor with her bra
Published August 21, 2012 Associated Press
Article Link

MOSCOW –  Russian investigators say a woman in East Siberia has strangled an elderly neighbor to death with her bra.

The Investigative Committee in Buryatia said in a statement on Tuesday that the 26-year-old woman from the town of Zakamensk, just miles north off the border with Mongolia, has been charged with murder.

Investigators say the woman was drunk on a July evening when she and her boyfriend called on their 65-year-old neighbor for money to buy drinks. Angry that he refused to lend them money, the woman punched him in the face and tried to strangle him with her hands, before taking off her bra and strangling him with it, they say.

The woman is now in custody awaiting the end of the probe, investigators say. Her name was not released. but....but....her breasts were, why not her name......
end

The hand gestures for your name sorta-kinda look like a gun?  One school board's answer:  time to change your name, little buddy.  ::) 
Hunter Spanjer says his name with a certain special hand gesture, but at just three and a half years old, he may have to change it.

"He's deaf, and his name sign, they say, is a violation of their weapons policy," explained Hunter's father, Brian Spanjer.

Grand Island's "Weapons in Schools" Board Policy 8470 forbids "any instrument...that looks like a weapon," But a three year-old's hands?

"Anybody that I have talked to thinks this is absolutely ridiculous. This is not threatening in any way," said Hunter's grandmother Janet Logue.

"It's a symbol. It's an actual sign, a registered sign, through S.E.E.," Brian Spanjer said.

S.E.E. stands for Signing Exact English, Hunter's sign language. Hunter's name gesture is modified with crossed-fingers to show it is uniquely his own.

"We are working with the parents to come to the best solution we can for the child," said Jack Sheard, Grand Island Public Schools spokesperson.

That's just about all GIPS officials will say for now.

Meantime, Hunter's parents say that by Monday, lawyers from the National Association of the Deaf are likely to weigh in for Hunter's right to sign his own name ....
1011now.com, 24 Aug 12

milnews.ca said:
The hand gestures for your name sorta-kinda look like a gun?  One school board's answer:  time to change your name, little buddy.  ::)

PC-ness has just gone way too far.....  :facepalm:

(BTW, link isn't working  ;))

A top drawer successful candidate for a Darwin award has just removed himself from the polluted end of the gene pool. This story from the National Post is reproduced under the Fair Dealing provision of the Copyright Act.

Man dressed as Bigfoot killed on highway while trying to prompt sasquatch sighting

Associated Press | Aug 28, 2012 2:27 PM ET | Last Updated: Aug 28, 2012 3:03 PM ET

More from Associated Press

KALISPELL, Mon. — A man dressed who was apparently trying to provoke reports of a Bigfoot sighting in northwestern Montana was struck by two cars and killed, authorities said.

The man was wearing a military-style “Ghillie suit” consisting of strips of camouflage fabric and was standing in the right-hand lane of a highway south of Kalispell on Sunday night when he was hit by the first car, according to the Montana Highway Patrol.

A second car hit the man as he lay in the roadway, authorities said.

Flathead County officials identified the man as Randy Lee Tenley, 44, of Kalispell. Trooper Jim Schneider said his motives were ascertained during interviews with friends, and alcohol may have been a factor but investigators were awaiting tests.

“He was trying to make people think he was Sasquatch so people would call in a Sasquatch sighting,” Schneider told the Daily Inter Lake newspaper on Monday. “You can’t make it up. I haven’t seen or heard of anything like this before. Obviously, his suit made it difficult for people to see him.”

Ghillie suits are a type of full-body clothing made to resemble heavy foliage and used to camouflage military snipers.

“He probably would not have been very easy to see at all,” Schneider told KECI-TV.

Tenley was struck by vehicles driven by two girls, ages 15 and 17, who were unable to stop in time, authorities said.

Looks like the camouflage worked a little too well.

I saw some "dessert boots" for sale at the local army surplus when I went to pick up some boot bands.  :nod:

RDJP said:
I saw some "dessert boots" for sale at the local army surplus when I went to pick up some boot bands.  :nod:

Wonder what the sugar content was on them?

George Wallace said:
Wonder what the sugar content was on them?

I was going to ask if they sold pie forks with them, but decided to just shake my head and walk away instead.  :facepalm:

PMedMoe said:
Maybe you missed the word "pre-arranged"?  Just sayin'....  ;)
I saw that but it still seemed like "...the dumbest thing I saw that day..."

I came across this on my intenet provider's news pages. It is reproduced under the Fair Dealing Provision of the Copyright Act. I note that the endangered creature was dissected in a lab to determine its identity. Reminds me of the Vietnam era line about destroying a village in order to save it.

Endangered Spider Discovery Stops $15 Million Texas Highway Construction Project

The Huffington Post  |  By Sara Gates Posted: 09/10/2012 4:22 pm Updated: 09/10/2012 4:23 pm

While biologists may be rejoicing over the recent discovery of a rare spider that was thought to be extinct, not everyone is elated -- particularly commuters around San Antonio, Texas.

Workers found the Braken Bat Cave Meshweaver (Cicurina venii) spider, which hasn't been seen in three decades, in the middle of a $15.1 million highway construction project in northwestern San Antonio. The eyeless arachnid is on the endangered species list—since construction would disrupt the spider's natural habitat, the project has been halted for the foreseeable future.

Jean Krejca, a biologist and President of Zara Environmental who was consulting on the project, made the extraordinary discovery after a downpour of rain revealed a 6-foot deep spider hole. After dissecting the spider, a taxonomist later confirmed that the distinct-looking arachnid was, in fact, the Meshweaver, named for its pattern of webbing.

The Meshweaver was placed on the federal endangered species list in 2000, along with eight other spiders found only in the Texas county. George Veni first identified the spider in 1980 in a location five miles away from the construction site.

Krejca compared the discovery to “stumbling on a new Galapagos Island in terms of the biological significance of the region."

Construction on the highway at Texas 151 and Loop 1604 began in April and biologists like Krejca were on hand to "observe and preserve" the scene, which is reportedly full of natural resources, according to Stirling J. Robertson, the Texas Department of Transportation's biology team leader.

Aside from the Meshweaver, biologists discovered 19 cave features, five of which contained other non-endangered species of spiders. However, Robertson believes the entire area may be a Meshweaver habitat.

Construction has been terminated until the U.S. Fish and Wildlife Service and Federal Highway Administration can determine the best way to continue the project without disturbing the rare spider's habitat. Josh Donat, San Antonio District spokesman for the Texas Department of Transportation, said it is too early to tell which options are viable.

Old Sweat said:
I came across this on my intenet provider's news pages. It is reproduced under the Fair Dealing Provision of the Copyright Act. I note that the endangered creature was dissected in a lab to determine its identity. Reminds me of the Vietnam era line about destroying a village in order to save it.

Endangered Spider Discovery Stops $15 Million Texas Highway Construction Project

The Huffington Post  |  By Sara Gates Posted: 09/10/2012 4:22 pm Updated: 09/10/2012 4:23 pm

While biologists may be rejoicing over the recent discovery of a rare spider that was thought to be extinct, not everyone is elated -- particularly commuters around San Antonio, Texas.

Workers found the Braken Bat Cave Meshweaver (Cicurina venii) spider, which hasn't been seen in three decades, in the middle of a $15.1 million highway construction project in northwestern San Antonio. The eyeless arachnid is on the endangered species list—since construction would disrupt the spider's natural habitat, the project has been halted for the foreseeable future.

Jean Krejca, a biologist and President of Zara Environmental who was consulting on the project, made the extraordinary discovery after a downpour of rain revealed a 6-foot deep spider hole. After dissecting the spider, a taxonomist later confirmed that the distinct-looking arachnid was, in fact, the Meshweaver, named for its pattern of webbing.

The Meshweaver was placed on the federal endangered species list in 2000, along with eight other spiders found only in the Texas county. George Veni first identified the spider in 1980 in a location five miles away from the construction site.

Krejca compared the discovery to “stumbling on a new Galapagos Island in terms of the biological significance of the region."

Construction on the highway at Texas 151 and Loop 1604 began in April and biologists like Krejca were on hand to "observe and preserve" the scene, which is reportedly full of natural resources, according to Stirling J. Robertson, the Texas Department of Transportation's biology team leader.

Aside from the Meshweaver, biologists discovered 19 cave features, five of which contained other non-endangered species of spiders. However, Robertson believes the entire area may be a Meshweaver habitat.

Construction has been terminated until the U.S. Fish and Wildlife Service and Federal Highway Administration can determine the best way to continue the project without disturbing the rare spider's habitat. Josh Donat, San Antonio District spokesman for the Texas Department of Transportation, said it is too early to tell which options are viable.

:facepalm:

Back