• Thanks for stopping by. Logging in to a registered account will remove all generic ads. Please reach out with any questions or concerns.

What's the dumbest thing you heard said today?

GAP said:
Oh?....and are they going to change from calling drill, drill or is it going to be organized prancing?  ;D

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=25Qhbdijv5Y
;D

mariomike said:
Congratulations, Vern!
Is this it?:
http://forums.army.ca/forums/threads/81488.0

Nope; this one.  >:D

http://www.torontosun.com/sunshinegirl/2010/03/21/13304781.html

No really; I do know where I'm posted --- I'm just waiting for the message --- unless it changes --- again --- for the 4th time. I am not posted to any drill team.

ArmyVern said:
Nope; this one.  >:D

http://www.torontosun.com/sunshinegirl/2010/03/21/13304781.html

No really; I do know where I'm posted --- I'm just waiting for the message --- unless it changes --- again --- for the 4th time. I am not posted to any drill team.

Geez Vern, when did you get the extensions?

MM

Moustached Americans seeking tax break

Moustached Americans are looking for a tax break from Uncle Sam.

The American Mustache Institute (AMI) says the "social and environmental benefits to moustache growth and maintenance provide a service to the U.S. economy."

And at least one expert agrees with them.

Dr. John Yeutter who is an associate professor of accounting and tax police at Northeastern State University in Oklahoma says in his paper, Mustached Americans And The Triple Bottom Line, that moustache maintenance is a deductible expense.

"Given the clear link between the growing and maintenance of moustaches and incremental income, it appears clear that moustache maintenance costs qualify for and should be considered as a deductible expense related to the production of income under Internal Revenue Code Section 212," he wrote.

Yeutter points out that in the U.S. Congress, there are 29 Democratic members sporting moustaches and 12 who have beards.

Previous congresses have provided tax incentives for specific societal segments whose efforts enhanced economic growth, Yeutter said.

The AMI is suggesting a $250 special deduction for moustache grooming supplies. It says those tax incentives could be used to purchase items like wax, facial hair colour, moustache combs and mirrors, condoms, moustache insurance and "Burt Reynolds wallet-sized photos."

::)

Would it violate OPSEC?  Unfortunately I don't have pictures of the tree fort, but it was being used as an OP to look into a FOB.

Sitting in Law, Ethics and Professional Practices Class (for Engineering - Civil and Mechanical)

Student to Teacher (who is also a lawyer) in response to how the student would act when faced with an ethical problem; "There's a difference between what I'd write on an ethics exam and what I'd actually do in real life."

???

Why even take an ethics course?!?

RHFC_piper said:
Sitting in Law, Ethics and Professional Practices Class (for Engineering - Civil and Mechanical)

Student to Teacher (who is also a lawyer) in response to how the student would act when faced with an ethical problem; "There's a difference between what I'd write on an ethics exam and what I'd actually do in real life."

???

Ahhh that was a good class. Interesting stuff. However, for me, it did have one downfall. It started at 12:30. I had a morning class that went from 9:30 to 11:00. The campus bar opened at 11:00. I'm sure you can see my dilemma. I think I still managed to get to about 2/3rds of the classes. And, more importantly, managed to get an A, if I recall correctly.

Actually, truth be told, I think for the last two years of University, I may have had an inverse correlation between attendance and grades.

After reading a news article about the production "The Lion King" coming back to Toronto, some person says "I think it's such a shame to use lions in these shows. It's so inhumane. Lions belong in Africa."

It makes me question humanity sometimes when people say stuff like this.

Chapeski said:
After reading a news article about the production "The Lion King" coming back to Toronto, some person says "I think it's such a shame to use lions in these shows. It's so inhumane. Lions belong in Africa."

It makes me question humanity sometimes when people say stuff like this.

Darwin's theory failed us in that case.

Now that I think of it I would like to see a show with lions in the cast, maybe a Sigfried and Roy show perhaps. (too soon?)

scas said:
MASIS is the end all and be all...

You should have come and found me, then had the person say it again so I could laugh at them! I'm sure they said the same thing about MIMS.

RHFC_piper said:

???

Hah. There are levels upon levels of paradox in that statement.

I thought the way to get the correct answer in regards to ethics/moral reasoning was to just run myself in loops until I arrived at another question as the answer to the initial question.  ???

Kyle Burrows said:
I thought the way to get the correct answer in regards to ethics/moral reasoning was to just run myself in loops until I arrived at another question as the answer to the initial question.  ???

You're thinking ethics as taught by the philosophy department. Ethics as taught by the engineering department is all about trying to avoid screwing up so badly that people die, and of course avoiding the inevitable subsequent lawsuits.

Back