• Thanks for stopping by. Logging in to a registered account will remove all generic ads. Please reach out with any questions or concerns.

What's the dumbest thing you heard said today?

Had a lady give me a dirty look when her beagles were barking at me while I was out running.I said "hey someone wants to go hunting".By the look she game me she didn't get it.I guess people in upper Canada don't use the beasts to hunt.

I wouldn't doubt that if she was a member here she would be typing in this thread.  "a Newfoundlander who made strange references to rabbits while she walked poofy and truffles" ;D.

X-mo-1979 said:
I wouldn't doubt that if she was a member here she would be typing in this thread.  "a Newfoundlander who made strange references to rabbits while she walked poofy and truffles" ;D.

Either that or:

"Some psycho wants to shoot my dogs because they were barking at him ..."  :-X

perhaps she took your "Someone" (wants to go hunting) as "you" wanting to go hunting??  >:D

I think I've said somewhere in one of these forums that I work for a company that sells, among many other things, guns.

Heard at work last week: A customer phoned in to mail order complaining that he'd got an e-mail from us that there was some sort of problem with his gun order. I asked him what the e-mail said, tried to explain, and in frustration asked him who sent him his e-mail, we all have individual accounts, and I thought maybe I could pass the buck to someone else to deal with. He didn't know, so I asked him to read the address to me. "d-o-n-o-t-" By this time I'm thinking this guy's an idiot, and made him spell it all out. I tried to be gentle as I told him it said "Do Not Reply".
Some of our customers just scare me!

I am too lazy to do it but someone should create a donotreply.com and compile the list of GRANND responses that develops.  I just bet it would be colorful.  Do Not Reply to this comment.  :blotto:

Not said, but printed...

"Man convicted after son's botched amateur circumcision"
http://cnews.canoe.ca/CNEWS/Canada/2009/10/16/11424151-cp.html

Some things are just not do-it-yourself.  Especially after he botched his first go on himself

Do it yourself Circuncision, Fake Virgins.....What is this world coming too.  Well....makes for a colorful thread!.

Dumbest Thing: Just stop thinking about it.... (Just makes me want to think about it more!)

Not said, but typed in response to one of those e-mails going out to dozens of people, most of them mistakenly....

"Please do not reply to ALL when responding to this, please"....

sent to ALL (in this case, ~4K federal employees - wonder how many "Not here" auto-responses they got for THAT).

::)

Yeah right. 

NKorea claims SKorean crossed DMZ to defect
10/27/2009 | 08:12 PM

- AP

SEOUL, South Korea — A South Korean man defected to communist North Korea by crossing the heavily fortified frontier, Pyongyang's state media reported Tuesday — but it didn't say how he navigated a no man's land where guards can shoot to kill.

If confirmed, the case would be a rare instance of a South Korean defecting to the impoverished North, though thousands have defected from North Korea to the South in recent years.

Pyongyang's official Korean Central News Agency said the 30-year-old man crossed into North Korea on Monday and was in the country's "warm care."

KCNA did not say how he was able to cross the Demilitarized Zone, which is guarded by hundreds of thousands of combat-ready troops on both sides. The 2.5-mile-wide (4-kilometer-wide) DMZ is also strewn with land mines and laced with barbed wire.

South Korean guards are authorized to shoot to kill anyone caught in the zone who cannot provide the correct password, a spokesman for South Korea's Joint Chiefs of Staff said Tuesday.
(...)

The report said the man, identified as Kang Tong Rim, had harbored a "longing" for North Korea and tried to defect several times while serving mandatory South Korean military service between 2001-2003.

"He is pleased with the accomplishment of his desire for defection," KCNA said.

South Korea's military and National Intelligence Service spy agency said they were checking the KCNA report, which was monitored in Seoul.

(...)

NKorea claims SKorean crossed DMZ to defect

Maybe he's just NDP/Green, and wanted to live in a country whose
carbon footprint isn't burdened with a working power grid  ;D

korea_night_lights.jpg

Journeyman said:
Maybe he's just NDP/Green, and wanted to live in a country whose
carbon footprint isn't burdened with a working power grid  ;D

korea_night_lights.jpg

Or he's a "leg man"?
military-marching1.jpg

Photo sharing credit:  E.R. Campbell

Today, I had a small talk with a coworker and I mentionned that I am about to leave for my basic training.

and he said: "So how long before you go to Afghanistan get blown up?"  :eek:

Oh that will be a bit longer then the time it takes for them to polute the Gene pool

Ever notice there is NEVER a lifeguard on duty at the gene pool!!
::)

Back