• Thanks for stopping by. Logging in to a registered account will remove all generic ads. Please reach out with any questions or concerns.

What's the dumbest thing you heard said today?

ENGINEERS WIFE said:
At 2am this morning this is what wakes me up.
Hubby:  Robin....
me: yah
him: Robin...I need a clean spot to put it.
me: what????
him:  need a clean spot to put it.
me: WTF??????
him:  to put the hay boxes.

Instantly, I clue in that he is talking in his sleep.  But, I have to laugh, cuz I what's funnier to me is that I know what he's talking about.  Such is the life of a military wife.   ;D

You use hayboxes? wow!! ;D

Not today, but from a few months ago, when I was doing my CF EXPRES test on one of the coasts...

A morbidly obese and out of shape serviceman is toeing the line getting ready to "complete" the shuttle run.  There are probably a dozen of us running on this particular morning and so the group is split in two.  I wait for the second group.  "Out of shape" is part of the first group.  The run starts, he gets to level 1.5 or 2 or he cannot keep up.  PSP guy boots him off.  It is aembarrassing to watch this as there are non-military folks milling around the facility doing other things.  Many of us are mortifed at the very thought.  When he catches his breath enough to speak, he bellows out - " At least I beat the PO!!!", reffering to the fact that his "PO" had accomplished less on his EXPRES test attempt the week prior.

Irony at it's best.

Chimo!

Yowze!!!
That's a sad, sad, saaaaad day there Engineer
For a service"person" to let him/herself go to that point just makes me want to hurl :yetch:

"I used to be in cadets..."

http://forums.army.ca/forums/threads/81048.0.html

Just back from Cougar Crew commander's course and was woken up by wife who said I was screaming Fire Orders into her dainty ears while I was sound asleep.

Cheers,

tango22a

Good Morning this is Ms. ******* from the ******** newspaper. Could you tell me if you are having anything special on Nov. 11, and if you are can you fill me in on what its all about? And is there a theme to all this parade stuff.

I work at the Legion and this was a call I received yesterday.

90% of the comments on the CBC's website discussing the US election. It convinces me that there should be some sort of aptitude/intelligence test before people are allowed to vote.

On the phone:

Telemarketer: "Yes Mr. Schultz, this is the whatever inc calling on behalf of ****bank. We are offering insurance on your loan you have for (I forget) amount with a few easy installments.

Me: Hmmm... What does your insurance cover?

Telemarketer: Well if you lost your job, you"ll be cover. If you get a illness, car accident etc etc blah blah... death at work place.. you"re cover.

Me: Now define to me what is "work place"?

Telemarketer: Well the place where you work of course.

Me: Does it cover out of country work place areas?

Telemarketer: Well.. err.. Yeah. I believe so.

Me: Oh.. OK.. well where I can work at, can be different bunch. Some of the general population folks don't like me. They do this amazing patch work on the roads at night. And then those patches I tell ya.. they like to blow up when you go by them. It's worst than the pot holes here, b'y!

Now since I"m away from my compound, would you declare it a out of work place travel? So will I be cover then? I don't want to be caught with me pants down.

Telemarketer: Ugh..... *I get put on hold*

Hey Sgt Schultz, I had the same thing told to me when I bought my car.

Them: "Mr. Chapeski, the bank took the liberty of adding insurance to your purchase."
Me: "Well, I have car insurance already, it's the law."
Them: "No, this is in case anything happens to you."
Me: "Oh, like life insurance? I have 100k already."
Them: "No, it's in case you get hurt on the job and can't make your payments, a just in case policy."
Me: "Well, you know I'm in the Army, I have great coverage, and if I ever get hurt in work things would be taken care of financially, so this insurance is a bit of a waste, I'd much prefer not paying for it."
Them: "Well, you don't have a choice, they insist, and they aren't backing down from it. Sorry, you're stuck with it."
Me: "Oh, crappy."

Some years ago I was in Petawawa on summer concentration and forgot to make some arrangements I needed to make to get some bills paid on time, or something like that.  I didn't have my cellphone with me, but the Sigs guys rigged up a trusty fieldphone to an outside line and I called telephone banking up.  Of course, I was I was talking to them, H-Hour for a company attack arrived, and the rep got to listen to the firebase start lighting up, and the engineers blowing some effects charges.

Telebanking person: "Uhm, where are you?"

Me: "I gotta go, kind of busy right now..."

Sgt  Schultz said:
On the phone:

Telemarketer: "Yes Mr. Schultz, this is the whatever inc calling on behalf of ****bank. We are offering insurance on your loan you have for (I forget) amount with a few easy installments.

Me: Hmmm... What does your insurance cover?

Telemarketer: Well if you lost your job, you"ll be cover. If you get a illness, car accident etc etc blah blah... death at work place.. you"re cover.

Me: Now define to me what is "work place"?

Telemarketer: Well the place where you work of course.

Me: Does it cover out of country work place areas?

Telemarketer: Well.. err.. Yeah. I believe so.

Me: Oh.. OK.. well where I can work at, can be different bunch. Some of the general population folks don't like me. They do this amazing patch work on the roads at night. And then those patches I tell ya.. they like to blow up when you go by them. It's worst than the pot holes here, b'y!

Now since I"m away from my compound, would you declare it a out of work place travel? So will I be cover then? I don't want to be caught with me pants down.

Telemarketer: Ugh..... *I get put on hold*

That's called Tied Selling - and it's illegal.  While for most people that insurance makes a lot of sense - but it is completely optional and they cannot force you to take it.

Chapeski said:

Them: "Mr. Chapeski, the bank took the liberty of adding insurance to your purchase."
Them: "No, it's in case you get hurt on the job and can't make your payments, a just in case policy."
Me: "Well, you know I'm in the Army, I have great coverage, and if I ever get hurt in work things would be taken care of financially, so this insurance is a bit of a waste, I'd much prefer not paying for it."
Them: "Well, you don't have a choice, they insist, and they aren't backing down from it. Sorry, you're stuck with it."

Chapeski said:

I have had something similar, but when I brought in papers to show what I am covered for and how much with SISIP OGTI, and the fact that I get paid if I break my leg and can't work for X weeks, they dropped it.  I deal with a Credit Union though, and as long as I am in the Hfx area, I'll never go back to a *bank*.

tango22a said:
Just back from Cougar Crew commander's course and was woken up by wife who said I was screaming Fire Orders into her dainty ears while I was sound asleep.

Cheers,

tango22a

According to the wonderful woman I married a quarter century ago (and who knows exactly what I mean when I say I have to visit the Puzzle Palace), I sometimes have multilingual battles in my sleep: French, English and German... where I picked that up I don't know, having been no more than a speed bump on the West German side of the Czech border in my time.  But since we both speak and understand all three languages, I gather it cracks her up - based on the breakfast comments I get.  Apparently, the frequency of occurrence matches that of mess dinners, happy hours and beers with old mates.

MedTech said:
How's that dumb?

I'll clarify on that one.

It's not Obama, don't worry!

Today, I woke up and went to school like I do everyday. As i walked through the front door, I immediately felt something was different. No, I had not been infected by the wave of Hope and optimism that accompanied Obama' victory. It was simply that there was a HUGE "Yes we can" on the exposition floor. "What the hell" I thought to myself, why would there be a political sign in my school, I was almost sure that the school board had told me a few weeks back that I couldn't wear my Conservative T-shirt or even put a Harper banner in my locker because it was a political statement and something "unacceptable in this private estabilishment"

Yet, there it was, a blatant sign of politicla support, not to mention the several Obama posters that had been plastered on walls. Of course, the administration turned a blind eye to this one. When I went to see my coordinator about that one, he told me that they wouldn't take action against it because it wasn't going to harm anyone or offend anyone.

Oh! well, it appears that there was a double standard. No matter, I mosied on for the rest of the day while listening to the masses of students in the lounge repeating in some kind of almost brainless fervour "Yes we can" as soon as an occasion presented itself. It wasn't dumb to me, not anymore. To me it had become a reminder of how biased my school is.

I was referring to the number of time I heard it today from a mass of people. That's it.

Back