• Thanks for stopping by. Logging in to a registered account will remove all generic ads. Please reach out with any questions or concerns.

What's the dumbest thing you heard said today?

One of the main factors involved with the increase in allergies has been the prevalence of anti-bacterial soaps, and over use of sanitizers.

A histamine response is the body identifying something foreign and trying to protect itself. If parents would let their kids play in the dirt, get licked by dogs, etc. They would actually be doing the kid a favour.

Doctors have now actually reversed their position on introducing peanuts to kids. They're now saying you can give a 6 month to 1 year old child peanut butter. ( which my wife and I did anyhow....screw parenting by the books). Of course the downside is that despite my son loving peanut butter, we have to make sandwiches he takes to school with WOW Butter ( toasted soya spread).

I am however of the opinion that indeed, natural selection should be allowed to take place in some instances....

Bluebulldog said:
One of the main factors involved with the increase in allergies has been the prevalence of anti-bacterial soaps, and over use of sanitizers.

A histamine response is the body identifying something foreign and trying to protect itself. If parents would let their kids play in the dirt, get licked by dogs, etc. They would actually be doing the kid a favour.

I did not know this.... No wonder I rarely get sick. I have only had one flu vaccine within approximately the last 5 or 6 years (which was last week because my woman wanted me to have one) and I have not taken a sick day from work in nearly 3 or close to 4 years. I will get a headache every now and then, but that is it... I grew up in the country, played in the dirt, was around animals all my life, etc... Makes a lot of sense now haha  ;D

*edit for wording*

Brandonfw said:
No wonder I rarely get sick. I have only had one flu vaccine within approximately the last 5 or 6 years

Vaccines are quite different from anti-bacterial soaps and sanitizers.  ::)

PMedMoe said:
Vaccines are quite different from anti-bacterial soaps and sanitizers.  ::)

:facepalm:
Well I do use a lot of sanitizers at my work as I work in a hospital setting... Don't want to get them germs from everyone :p

Bluebulldog said:

Doctors have now actually reversed their position on introducing peanuts to kids. They're now saying you can give a 6 month to 1 year old child peanut butter. ( which my wife and I did anyhow....screw parenting by the books). Of course the downside is that despite my son loving peanut butter, we have to make sandwiches he takes to school with WOW Butter ( toasted soya spread).

I am however of the opinion that indeed, natural selection should be allowed to take place in some instances....

And now he's going to grow boobs and need a training bra and his own water fountain, and, and...

I always got a kick out of the folks who would rush to sanitize any baby item dropped on the floor - guess they never noticed baby sharing chew toys with the dog...

Pusser said:
I always got a kick out of the folks who would rush to sanitize any baby item dropped on the floor - guess they never noticed baby sharing chew toys with the dog...

My sweet little granddaughter ate rabbit turds once.

No allergies noted......

Jim Seggie said:

No allergies noted......

I can only imagine the horror of trying to go through life with a life threating allergy to rabbit turds!!!!!  :panic:

;D

Teflon said:
I can only imagine the horror of trying to go through life with a life threating allergy to rabbit turds!!!!!  :panic:

;D
She's fine and enjoys hanging upside down by her ankles. Strange but very amusing kid.

Pusser said:

that would be a First Baby

for 2nd baby

Soother hits floor, parents washes it off

for 3rd baby
Soother hits floor, parents wipes it off

for 4th baby
Soother hits floor, parents sticks it back in mouth

for 5th baby
Parent does not notice soother has fallen out and kid wailing, parent is pleased that trip to the mall is completed with the correct number of kids coming home, parent is even happier all kids are actually theirs and they didn't accidentally switch kids along the way..

Jim Seggie said:

No allergies noted......
"These raisins aren't as sweet as the ones in the box, Grampa".

Colin P said:
for 5th baby
Parent does not notice soother has fallen out and kid wailing, parent is pleased that trip to the mall is completed with the correct number of kids coming home, parent is even happier all kids are actually theirs and they didn't accidentally switch kids along the way..

If they're screamin,' they're breathin.'

Colin P said:
that would be a First Baby

for 2nd baby

Soother hits floor, parents washes it off

for 3rd baby
Soother hits floor, parents wipes it off

for 4th baby
Soother hits floor, parents sticks it back in mouth

for 5th baby

BAHAHAHAHA! Made me laugh quite hard actually. Love it!

From the WSJ, one of America's dumber "progressive" economic commentators offers an startlingly different take on 20th century history:

http://online.wsj.com/news/articles/SB10001424052702304149404579326711903120476?mod=WSJ_Opinion_MIDDLETopOpinion

A Brief History of the World
Former Enron adviser Paul Krugman recounts the history of Europe, beginning with the Depression:

In the 1930s most European countries eventually abandoned economic orthodoxy: They went off the gold standard; they stopped trying to balance their budgets; and some of them began large military buildups that had the side effect of providing economic stimulus. The result was a strong recovery from 1933 onward.
Modern Europe is a much better place, morally, politically, and in human terms.

There's no elision there; we go straight from "a strong recovery" starting in 1933 to modern Europe. Does Krugman know who else was strong from 1933 onward?

Thucydides said:
From the WSJ, one of America's dumber "progressive" economic commentators offers an startlingly different take on 20th century history:

http://online.wsj.com/news/articles/SB10001424052702304149404579326711903120476?mod=WSJ_Opinion_MIDDLETopOpinion

Um I am pretty sure something bad happened called WWII and The Holocaust.

Thucydides said:
There's no elision there; we go straight from "a strong recovery" starting in 1933 to modern Europe. Does Krugman know who else was strong from 1933 onward?

keep-calm-and-act-like-nothing-happened.png

Thucydides said:

As usual the Wall Street Journal is having great fun taking a few sentences in Paul Krugman's article out of context.
Try reading the entire article here and it might be a more worthwhile use of your time.

Not so dumb question found on FaceBook:

Question of the year:

We are always hearing about how the Old Age Pension is going to run out of money,
How come we never hear about how Welfare is running out of money?

What's interesting is that the first group worked for their money.....The second didn't.

Back