• Thanks for stopping by. Logging in to a registered account will remove all generic ads. Please reach out with any questions or concerns.

What's the dumbest thing you heard said today?

::)

link

A dating website for Canadian inmates: tales of love and heartbreak behind bars

By Andy Blatchford, The Canadian Press | The Canadian Press – 59 minutes ago.

MONTREAL - Bachelor No. 1 boasts about his "bad-boy body and sweet-guy attitude" and Bachelor No. 2 wants a woman to join him as he closes a dark chapter from his past.

Bachelor No. 3, meanwhile, says he can't be available for a first date for awhile — at least not before 2021.

Not only do these men share a quest for love, they have something else in common: they're all in prison for murder.

The suitors are among dozens of male and female cons who have posted personal profiles and photos on a matchmaking website with a twist.

This site hooks up people on the inside with those on the outside.

The federal prisoners, many behind bars for violent offences like attempted murder, sexual assault and first-degree murder, have written blurbs highlighting their personal qualities — and, in some cases, their crimes.

Which leads us to Bachelor No. 4.

(...)

So - a real-life version of www.conjugalharmony.com, which sadly seems to have disappeared from the interweb.

I liked Stabarella: "I like to read and not get beaten up".

According to the site, one could be "married" to a different female inmate in each US state, as the state prison systems did not share such personal information between them.

Convictions: Drug trafficking and murder plus some small stuff.

It's amazing that they would lock up these innocent cherubs for small stuff.......they just need to be loved and recognized for the strong women they are...... ::)

The prison article from above reminds me of a couple of lines from a Denzel Washington movie called "The Inside Man":

Dalton Russell: Soon I'm gonna be sucking down Piña Coladas in a hot tub with six girls named Amber and Tiffany.

Det. Keith Frazier (Denzel Washington): No, it's more like in the shower with two guys named Jamal and Jesus...
  :facepalm:

Innovation or just lazy parenting?

Seriously? :facepalm:

Baby’s Latest: Going Diaperless

http://www.nytimes.com/2013/04/19/nyregion/babys-latest-going-diaperless-at-home-or-even-in-the-park.html?_r=0

When Jada Shapiro decided to raise her daughter from birth without diapers, for the most part, not everyone was amused. Ms. Shapiro scattered little bowls around the house to catch her daughter’s offerings, and her sister insisted that she use a big, dark marker to mark the bowls so that they could never find their way back to the kitchen.

“My sister wasn’t a huge fan,” she said on Thursday.

But “elimination communication,” as the diaper-free method of child-rearing is called, is finding an audience in the hipper precincts of New York City.

Ms. Shapiro, who is a doula, a birth and child-rearing coach, says it is practically now a job qualification to at least be able to offer diaper-free training as an option to clients. Caribou Baby, an “eco-friendly maternity, baby and lifestyle store” on the border of artsy Greenpoint and Williamsburg, has been drawing capacity crowds to its diaper-free “Meetups,” where parents exchange tips like how to get a baby to urinate on the street between parked cars.

Parents are drawn to the method as a way of preserving the environment from the ravages of disposable diapers, as well as reducing the laundering of cloth diapers and preventing diaper rash. Many of them like the thought that they are rediscovering an ancient practice used in other cultures, though they tend to gloss over the fact that many of those cultures had never heard of Pampers. But mostly, they say, they like feeling more in touch with their babies’ most intimate functions.

“I think for a lot of parents, the motivation is just to be more in tune with what their kids’ needs are,” Adriane Stare, proprietor of Caribou Baby and herself a diaper-free mother, said on Thursday, about a week after holding her most recent meetup. Another meeting was written about on Thursday on the news Web site dnainfo.com; the next is May 14.

Ms. Stare said she “E.C.’d” her oldest son, Damien, who is now almost 4, and is doing it again with her second boy, Loren, who is almost 4 months old. Ms. Stare watched for cues that meant her baby needed to go to the bathroom or was going to the bathroom, like a certain cry or squirming or a grimace. Then, she began associating those cues with her own noises, like “sss,” or grunting. After a while she could make those noises — the elimination communication — to the baby while holding him over the toilet or the sink for perhaps 20 seconds, and he would go to the bathroom on command or refuse if he was not ready.

There are misses, she admits, but even cleaning up a small mess on the floor is easier, she says, than laundering diapers.

Some pediatricians are skeptical that children under a year old are actually capable of controlling their own toileting behavior. “I’ve certainly heard in other countries that they do toilet train babies earlier,” said Dr. Robin Jacobson, chief of outpatient pediatrics at Beth Israel Medical Center in Manhattan. “But from what I’ve heard it’s at about a year of age, not at two months of age.”

Toilet training, she said, is a matter of conditioning, “just like Pavlov’s dog,” but in the United States parents begin talking about it around 18 months, with most children being potty-trained around ages 3 or even 4.

The diaper-free mothers said it was rare for their babies to go without diapers all the time. They usually put them on at night and for trips to stores, restaurants and the like, though not necessarily for naps or going to the park, where it is easier to go on the ground or behind a tree. But their children often have been weaned of their diapers by 18 months.

Asked whether the practice was a health hazard, Jean Weinberg, a spokeswoman for the New York City health department, said: “Really, the only infectious disease problem at hand has to do with hand washing. Otherwise, it’s just a general sanitation issue.”

Ms. Shapiro, a founder of Birth Day Presence, a childbirth education studio in Park Slope and SoHo, said most clients laughed when they heard about elimination communication, but one or two in every group signed up. At three weeks, her daughter could hold her bowel movements until she was put over the bowl, she said.

“I have absolutely been at parties and witnessed people putting their baby over the sink,” she said. One client took her baby and her bowl to a party, held her naked baby over the bowl, “and she just did it at this person’s party in the corner, but obviously they were close friends,” Ms. Shapiro said.

Still, even the most ardent practitioners observe some limits. “I don’t think you can walk down Fifth Avenue and just let your baby poop on the sidewalk,” she said.

Now as well as going to the pet supply for "Poopy Sacs" so you can clean up after your dog, you'll have to go to a baby supply to get, perhaps, pink or blue ones for when you take your toddler out. Life's just getting way too crazy - its no wonder I'll never be a grandmother!

Hawk said:
Now as well as going to the pet supply for "Poopy Sacs" so you can clean up after your dog, you'll have to go to a baby supply to get, perhaps, pink or blue ones for when you take your toddler out. Life's just getting way too crazy - its no wonder I'll never be a grandmother!

Don't forget the Kiddie Litter. ;D

Apparently the Internet / DIY craze has hit treatment of gunshot wounds now.

Perhaps 3D printing of a new limb will be next.

Hope mom had a Happy Mother's Day.

After teen is shot, mom allegedly goes first to WebMD
After her 14-year-old son was shot, a mom goes to WebMD and searches "gunshot wounds" to try to solve the problem, police say. It is seven hours before she takes him to hospital.

http://news.cnet.com/8301-17852_3-57584092-71/after-teen-is-shot-mom-allegedly-goes-first-to-webmd/

Our lives tend to be defined by the decisions we make. And the ones we don't.

Please place yourself, therefore, into the hands and mind of someone whose 14-year-old son has just been shot. He has been shot by a friend playing with a gun.

What might be your first decision?

I fancy that, for many, the choice might be to take the boy to the nearest hospital. However, this was not the decision allegedly taken by Deborah Tagle of Santa Fe, Texas.

As KHOU-TV reports, she allegedly felt the most appropriate course of action was to go to WebMD. Her alleged interest was in discovering how to treat a gunshot wound, something with which hospitals surely have more experience.

Police, aided by in-house surveillance video, say that Tagle's son was shot once in the upper thigh with a high-caliber bullet.

The 14-year-old allegedly lay on the floor for several minutes and then -- at least according to police -- helped his mom with her Web search.

It might well be that the motivation was a desire to keep the shooting quiet.

However, some might find it odd that it was only after an alleged 7 hours that Tagle took her son to Mainland Medical Center in Texas City. Later, he was transferred to Hermann Hospital in Houston, where he is recovering.

A 24-year-old Pete Jesse Rodriguez has been charged with one count of injury to a child with intent to commit serious bodily injury.

Deborah Tagle was also arrested and charged with one count of injury to a child with intent to commit bodily injury, a third degree felony.

It's a natural tendency for healthcare to become more of an online activity. Some even refer to "virtual health care" as the new form of health monitoring.

Somehow, though, it's hard to imagine that a mother might choose online medicine to seek a "cure" when her son has been shot in the thigh.

cupper said:
The story gets better:

Expelled girl's 'bomb': Toilet cleaner and foil

Update:

Seems that the State Attorney has some sense. The girl will not be charged, and an offer of diversion to public service was made.

http://news.cnet.com/8301-17852_3-57584762-71/charges-dropped-against-teen-in-science-experiment-bomb/

2 things that really blew my mind today , first off , someone over the radio , spoke about the military woman here in Valcartier having her career dropped , because her sex tape got copied and release and that everyone saw that. 

I can understand the fact that it became really problematic , but what blew me off is the radio announcer saying that it was the NCO's and the Officers pushing the NCM's to ruin her military career , and that it was all pushed from above to call her dumb names and make her leave the forces ......... It really pissed me off ......

the 2ND thing , is someone at my job ( since I'm not in the army yet ) saying that during my BMQ , they will be asking me to take a dump in my helmet then put it back on my head and run with that for 2 clicks ..... I didn't even know what to respond , it was just so wrong and dumb ..... I just looked at him , stared and confused .....

the 2ND thing , is someone at my job ( since I'm not in the army yet ) saying that during my BMQ , they will be asking me to take a dump in my helmet then put it back on my head and run with that for 2 clicks ..... I didn't even know what to respond , it was just so wrong and dumb ..... I just looked at him , stared and confused .....

You might point out to him/her that you had always wondered why they looked so shitty, but now you had your answer....... ::)

krimynal said:

:facepalm:

krimynal said:
..... they will be asking me to take a dump in my helmet then put it back on my head and run with that for 2 clicks .....
Recruits no longer have to run the 2 kms

my face had to be something among the lines of ...... Are you kidding me ? what the heck is wrong with you ? 

http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_detailpage&v=ABxIJ8ONGeQ#t=78s

..... they will be asking me to take a dump in my helmet then put it back on my head and run with that for 2 clicks .....

Journeyman said:
Recruits no longer have to run the 2 kms

And you take a dump in another candidate's helmet, not your own.

cupper said:
Innovation or just lazy parenting?

Seriously? :facepalm:

Baby’s Latest: Going Diaperless

http://www.nytimes.com/2013/04/19/nyregion/babys-latest-going-diaperless-at-home-or-even-in-the-park.html?_r=0

I know a couple who did this with both their kids. He's relatively normal but she is card carrying, bat shit, Communist Party card carrying eco-crazy. Ironically, all their friends have abandoned them as they didn't want to have them dumping human excrement on their lawns anymore...

Woman says she's too pretty for work

..."The truth is my good looks have caused massive problems for me when it comes to employment, so I've made the decision that employment just isn't for me at the moment," the 33-year-old told the paper.

Because she's not working, Fernee's parents are covering her expenses including rent, gym membership and more than $2,300 a month in designer clothes.

More at link

Oh puh-leeze, she's not that attractive (yes there are pics).  Not sure what's more stupid, her for making that statement or her parents for footing her high maintenance lifestyle.

::)

Not sure what's more stupid, her for making that statement or her parents for footing her high maintenance lifestyle.

both. twits beget more twits  ::)

Back