• Thanks for stopping by. Logging in to a registered account will remove all generic ads. Please reach out with any questions or concerns.

What's the dumbest thing you heard said today?

I like the second one more  http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VMaVwRXI1WI&feature=relmfu  ;D

nuclearzombies said:
Listening to the election shenanigans on the radio this morning with my boss Dave.....on comes an ad that states

"Only Jack Layton can defeat Stephen Harper in Alberta"
:facepalm:

Ok, here's a nugget for you guys.  Some schmo, who sounds like he's in his middle age years calls me up and asks something

Me:  Cpl Bloggins, sir
Moron:  Hi, I was wondering if you knew the contact information of a LCol in Arizona
Me:  Okay.. what is the man's name?
Moron:  Don't know.  But he's in Arizona.
Me:  Well, what unit does he work for?
Moron:  We he's in Arizona
Me:  That's not enough information Sir.  I need a name, otherwise I can't help you.
Moron:  I'm visiting a military museum down there and I need to reach him....
Me:  Doesn't matter.  I don't know what his name is.  How can I find him?

(He continues on, and simply doesn't get it.  :facepalm: )

Me:  Sir, this isn't complicated.  If you don't tell me what his name is, or where he works in Arizona, I have no way of tracking him down. 

He then sounds all sad, as if me not being a psychic is somehow a dissapointment to him.  After a pause, I hang up.  Either a very unfunny prank call or a sign that people around me get dumber every year.

Rogo said:
I don't get this last one Booty?

original-5.jpg

Dead serious, what's funny about a recruiter asking that?  It's important.

Rogo said:
Dead serious, what's funny about a recruiter asking that?  It's important.

Yes ok it is, But I was there not even two days prior to see if there was any news they could give me. There wasn't.

I just assume that anyone who would spend the time to go through the whole application, would not turn down an offer.

I feel like someone who wants a trade and is offered another would not accept this nor would they find it funny.  Or maybe their circumstances have changed

Rogo said:
I feel like someone who wants a trade and is offered another would not accept this nor would they find it funny.  Or maybe their circumstances have changed

I second that.
Accepting an offer that is not what we want might result in:
1) Not being happy at all in the new career
2) Taking the spot of someone who really wanted that trade

Then... turning down offers also means assuming the consequences. I turned down 2 offers from the Reserve. I decided to hold on to my original choice of trade and Regular. less than 24h00 before my interview for Regular... I got a call saying that the interview was cancelled because they would not treat the 7 opened spots for my trade before the fall... and my file was put to the "inactive mode".

Rogo is right. This no laughing matter. The recruiter will and should ask you if you will accept the offer especially if it is not the trade you initially applied for.
The CF is a life's career choice.

Alea

... and I think we might have pretty much derailed a thread that is suppose to be a funny one!

A random google search for a funny quote should bring us back into a laughing mood.  :nod:

"Last night I lay in bed looking up at the stars in the sky and I thought to myself, where the heck is the ceiling." ;)

Ok, well, funny thing happened to me at work today. I was walking through the airport, happy because the Timmies line was ONLY 50 people long. Much better than the usual 100.  ::) An elderly gentleman stops me to ask a question. Now, I'm completely dead serious about this, I couldn't make this sh*t up if I tried. He asks me if it's ok to bring a hand on the plane in his carryon. Now, I'm confused at this point because I could have swore he said HAND. So I ask, "A prosthetic hand?" Because in my mind there's no possible way he's talking about a human hand. His reply was, "No, a hand hand." In my infinite wisdom I try to clarify, "You mean a human hand?" His answer, and I'm not sure if he was being a wise a$$ or was being dead serious, "Is there another kind?" At this point I'm sure I'm being punk'd and Ashton Kutcher is going to appear any minute. Then I realize I'm just a lowly flight attendant working for a low budget Canadian airline and Ashton has bigger fish to fry. So I politely reply, "The Air Canada customer service desk is just past the elevators on the right I'm sure they will be able to help you better." **** Air Canada, they could use the aggravation.  ;D

ringknocker82 said:
Ok, well, funny thing happened to me at work today. I was walking through the airport, happy because the Timmies line was ONLY 50 people long. Much better than the usual 100.  ::) An elderly gentleman stops me to ask a question. Now, I'm completely dead serious about this, I couldn't make this **** up if I tried. He asks me if it's ok to bring a hand on the plane in his carryon. Now, I'm confused at this point because I could have swore he said HAND. So I ask, "A prosthetic hand?" Because in my mind there's no possible way he's talking about a human hand. His reply was, "No, a hand hand." In my infinite wisdom I try to clarify, "You mean a human hand?" His answer, and I'm not sure if he was being a wise a$$ or was being dead serious, "Is there another kind?" At this point I'm sure I'm being punk'd and Ashton Kutcher is going to appear any minute. Then I realize I'm just a lowly flight attendant working for a low budget Canadian airline and Ashton has bigger fish to fry. So I politely reply, "The Air Canada customer service desk is just past the elevators on the right I'm sure they will be able to help you better." **** Air Canada, they could use the aggravation.  ;D

http://i572.photobucket.com/albums/ss163/abbby609/lmafo.jpg

That's just mind boggling, the lengths people go to in order to accomodate others is just silly in some cases.  By the way, Booty22 your links and picture of the husky are just begging me to denounce them. They aren't funny and seem childish. :2c:

This post:

littleprairie said:
Put a single mom on welfare for the amount of 800 dollars together with subsidized apartment and believe me, they would not attempt to find work despite being able. I know of one. Ladies who get married early and start having themselves impregnated with two or three children would circumvent responsible behaviour by filing legal separation or divorce to take advantage of the government's single mom welfare privileges. Bob Raei and the New Democrats were respoonsible for such legislation by buying votes through being suckers by way giving doles. Result? We are 900 billion dollars in debt..In some countries there are laws on economic sabotage. We too have. The only way to indict and convict them is to establish criminal intent. They were successful in the FBI by finding too many with Obama...I am sorry to say this but the man whom many have adored is a candidate for lethal injection..

http://forums.navy.ca/forums/threads/64647.450/topicseen.html reply #468

I think the fiscally irresponsible New Democrats and the Liberals have always the dumbest things to say everyday..Child care in YMCA is only 11 dollars a day..Rabble rousing should be made a crime. Everyday I meet them at 290 Danforth Avenue and 290A Danforth Avenue. I also meet a lot of them in Cecil Street corner St. George. Mayor Ford taunted them 'to go find a job', they retaliated by terrorizing the mayor and councillors and committing violent acts in a townhall meeting.

littleprairie said:
I think the fiscally irresponsible New Democrats and the Liberals have always the dumbest things to say everyday..Child care in YMCA is only 11 dollars a day..Rabble rousing should be made a crime. Everyday I meet them at 290 Danforth Avenue and 290A Danforth Avenue. I also meet a lot of them in Cecil Street corner St. George. Mayor Ford taunted them 'to go find a job', they retaliated by terrorizing the mayor and councillors and committing violent acts in a townhall meeting.

Can you please just shutup for awhile?

Back