• Thanks for stopping by. Logging in to a registered account will remove all generic ads. Please reach out with any questions or concerns.

What's the dumbest thing you heard said today?

Zell_Dietrich said:
20.00 - 3.30 = 16.70

16.70 +0.35 = 17.05

17.05 - 16.85 = 0.20

OR

20.35 - 3.30 = 17.05

17.05 -16.85 = 0.20

---------------

You are right.  Call it a typo?  Or a brain fart? 
Thanks for pointing it out.  Although the irony was somewhat entertaining.
Honestly I can't remember the exact amount that was involved.  I'm assuming it was around 3.30.

Bzzliteyr said:
I wasn't going to nitpick cause it says "I believe it came to 3.30 or something"....but I was trying to figure that one out myself...

I just came from a Corporate Tax midterm.  I couldn't stop myself.  :warstory: Sorry to nitpick.

I have a new "stupidest thing heard"
At school a group of us were discussing politics, a classmate (who is black) said "I think that people in Africa need to shake off foreign influence and take controll of their contries from foreign investments, as it stands many of them are serfs in their own country because the means of production are owned by outsiders.  They need to find a way to shake off and take controll of their own country's industry and agriculture,  they can do that by returning to their true faith Catholicism". 

I didn't know how to even start.

latest and greatest stupid thing I heard...
Troop "Sergeant, can I go on annual leave tommorrow?"
Me "Pte XXX, no, thats not enough time to action a leave pass."
Troop "How about I go AWOL and you guys can throw me in jail for a couple of days when I get back?"
Me losing my freaking marbles as infantry sergeants do when they hear something right the f*ck out of 'er.

ArmyRick.. I love that one!!  I am sure you went out of your way to push the pass up the chain of command and take care of your soldier, even if it had to be done by hand...

I work at  a Value Village part time here in Toronto. 
On Tuesday a guy, who was a little scary looking, well, maybe alot, ya know the 'white trailer trash' kind, came through my cash looking for pants to match his blazer because...get this, he was changing the battery of his car in his 'good' suit and got battery acid on the pants and ruined them.  I just shook my head.  ::)
It gets better.....
Yesterday the same scary guy was back buying a really awful wedding dress and he had to check it out very carefully because "I need it this weekend and won't be able to return it"  I just said nothing...I was just thinking "OH MY GOD!!!!"  If he's getting married, I just kinda shuddered at the thought of those wedding pictures.  Yikes :eek:

As relayed to me the other day by the CO:

CO to young 2Lt on contact trg "So 2Lt XXXXX, what section are you working in?"
Young 2Lt "I work in ______. What section do you work in Sir?"

Do geese like red wine?  ???  WTF???  Out of the mouth of my 12 yr old daughter, anyone know the answer?

ENGINEERS WIFE said:
Do geese like red wine?   ???  WTF???  Out of the mouth of my 12 yr old daughter, anyone know the answer?

Only one way to find out.......

ENGINEERS WIFE said:
Do geese like red wine?   ???  WTF???  Out of the mouth of my 12 yr old daughter, anyone know the answer?

Yes.  Geese taste good with like red wine.  ;)

The Tim Hortons by my work is the reason I've converted to Starbucksism.

Me:  Hi, Can I get an XL Double Double please?
Them:  Yes, of course.  1.49 Drive through please.
(Note that at this time the order screen says "Muffin")
Them:  1.49 Please.  Im sorry, we're out of your muffin.
Me:  I didn't order a muffin. I ordered a double double.
Them: What other kind of muffin would you life?
Me:  I want my double double.  I didn't order a muffin.
Them:  Ok, I make your double double.  Here is a cranberry lemon.
Me: I didn't order a muffin.
Them:  You must be hungry!

I paid and went on my way.  They made me take the muffin.  They also made what I can only assume is a 4 cream one sugar as far as my taste buds are concerned.

This happens 9/10 times.

Kyle Burrows said:
The Tim Hortons by my work is the reason I've converted to Starbucksism.

Me:  Hi, Can I get an XL Double Double please?
Them:  Yes, of course.  1.49 Drive through please.
(Note that at this time the order screen says "Muffin")
Them:  1.49 Please.  Im sorry, we're out of your muffin.
Me:  I didn't order a muffin. I ordered a double double.
Them: What other kind of muffin would you life?
Me:  I want my double double.  I didn't order a muffin.
Them:  Ok, I make your double double.  Here is a cranberry lemon.
Me: I didn't order a muffin.
Them:  You must be hungry!

I paid and went on my way.  They made me take the muffin.  They also made what I can only assume is a 4 cream one sugar as far as my taste buds are concerned.

This happens 9/10 times.

Free muffins!! What are you bitching about!!??  >:D

(Isn't there a recent precendent to fire someone's butt for giving out "free" stuff at Timmies??)  ;D

You know what, working Part Time at Tim Hortons, I can say that EVERYONE gives out free stuff.

Myself, I gave out at least $100.00 worth of free stuff over the course of my time there.  Including all the free food that we get ourselves, they lose a lot and still turn out big bucks in profit.

I want a muffin now  :-[

ArmyVern said:
Free muffins!! What are you bitching about!!??  >:D

(Isn't there a recent precendent to fire someone's butt for giving out "free" stuff at Timmies??)  ;D
I was late for work. :p

Yet still had time to run thru Timmies?? That's a true soldier if I've ever seen one!!!

Speaking of tim hortons, I've noticed that many of the employees get a little confused when you take your coffee anyway other than double double or *shudder* triple triple*/shudder*

I generally take my coffee black, but for some reason I just don't enjoy the taste of black Tim Horton's coffee, so I usually get it with one milk... anyway, on several occasions now i've found that instead of getting one milk, the employees have given me 4 shots of milk, which makes the coffee a latte. 
I still haven't figured out that one, if it's me slurring or what.

On another note I was in a Tim Hortons a few days ago and I saw a guy order 3 mediums with 5 cream and 5 sugars in each.  I thought double double was bad, but 5 creams & sugar?  wow.     

Try just asking for a large tea, 2 sugar, 2 milk.  You'll notice that "large tea" can sound awfully close to "large coffee" when going through a Timmies drive thru.  On numerous occasions I have been ambushed by a sip of coffee halfway down the highway to Fredericton!!

Luckily once I get to town an explain that once again they gave me the wrong thing, the local Timmies will correct the mistake at no charge..

Bzzliteyr said:
Yet still had time to run thru Timmies?? That's a true soldier if I've ever seen one!!!

Well if your going to be late may as well show up with a coffee ::)

Kyle, you would love the timmies in Oromocto; when you go their in the morning, you have a 50% chance of leavin with a Dubble Dubble (even if you didn't order one) ::)

Late because of the error. :p

Back