• Thanks for stopping by. Logging in to a registered account will remove all generic ads. Please reach out with any questions or concerns.

What's the dumbest thing you heard said today?

I live across the street from a subway station and have been riding the system all my life. I would be very hesitant to tap on their glass. From past experience, I know they don't like it!
People can see the chest moving. He was probably snoring like Fred Flintstone. That's not a typical position to find someone having a heart attack in. They don't typically take the time to cover their money hole with a piece of cardboard so they will not be disturbed while they die.

I should add. I agree, the correct thing to do would be to tap on the glass.

Man dies during 'Avatar' screening

James Cameron's 3D movie blockbuster Avatar has come under the spotlight again - it has been blamed for the death of a cinema-goer in Taiwan.

The unnamed 42 year old fell ill during a screening of the spectacular epic in the city of Hsinchu, and died eleven days later in hospital.

Doctors have determined he suffered a stroke, most likely caused by over-excitement, reports London's Metro newspaper.

An emergency room medic says, "It's likely that the over-excitement from watching the movie triggered his symptoms."

More on link

Wow, good thing he went to the movie and not a strip club......    ::)

Wow, just wow.  ::)

By Agence France-Presse, Updated: 1/27/2010

China woman wants Jessica Alba surgery to win boyfriend back

A Chinese woman is so keen to win back her ex-boyfriend that she plans to undergo plastic surgery to transform herself into his favourite actress: Hollywood star Jessica Alba.

China woman wants Jessica Alba surgery to win boyfriend back
A Chinese woman is so keen to win back her ex-boyfriend that she plans to undergo plastic surgery to transform herself into his favourite actress: Hollywood star Jessica Alba.

The 21-year-old, who identified herself as Xiaoqing, told the Shanghai Daily that she had met with doctors at a plastic surgery clinic in the eastern Chinese city who offered to do the work for free.

(...)

Liu Qi, an official at the Shanghai Time Plastic Surgery Hospital, said the woman would need eyebrow lifting, eyelid reshaping and nose reconstruction to look like Alba, the star of "Sin City" and "Fantastic Four."

(...)

Clinic officials confirmed the woman's story, but would not say when or if the surgery would go ahead.

The woman, who works for a web firm, described to the newspaper how her Alba-obsessed 28-year-old ex-boyfriend hung photos of the actress on his walls and stored her image on his mobile phone.

The man demanded Xiaoqing do her make-up as Alba does, even when she slept, and gave her a blonde wig for Christmas, which he asked her to wear all the time.

She told the newspaper they broke up last month when she threw her wig and fake eyelashes to the ground after passers-by laughed at her. But afterwards, she said she reconsidered.

(...)

Facebook threats a joke, student says

BARRIE, Ont. -- A college student who posted photos on the Internet of himself posing with guns and stating he was going to shoot everyone was just "kidding around," he told a judge yesterday.

Zameer Zahid, 28, of Newmarket, was a Georgian College hospitality management student in Barrie when he was arrested Nov. 12, 2008, after frightened college students reported the postings on his Facebook webpage.

On the witness stand, Zahid, dressed in a suit and tie, smiled when he explained the whole thing was meant as a joke.

"To go as far as arrest me over a Facebook photo -- I mean, I think it's insane," said Zahid. "It seems like 1941 Berlin, you know what I mean?"

"What was so funny about it?" asked Crown attorney Mary Ann Alexander.

The postings contained several photographs of Zahid posing with his finger on the trigger of a handgun and a shotgun along with the statements: "Zameer is collecting arms and ammo ... It's coming. Barrie's gonna burn!!" and "I'm gonna shoot everyone."

Zahid's lawyer, Robbie Tsang, argued Zahid must be found not guilty because he had no intent to threaten or harm anyone.

More on link

The guy's an idiot and so is his lawyer.

I believe its been said on here before. Common sense isn't so common!! Post a picture with guns and threats and don't think you'll be questioned on it.  ::)

Along the Avitar stream. I couldn't belive people were complaining that Sigourny Weaver was smoking. Sorry "Chain Smoking" Give me a break!! And the big one was the fact that the little white guy was helping the big blue people. It's "racist". Again give me a break.

IMHO it was great 3D entertainment for almost 3 hours. I never see movies more than once in a theater but I may go and see this one again.  :nod:

My  :2c:

ModlrMike said:
A new winner...

‘Idol’ leads to attempted murder

http://tvguide.ca/TVNews/Articles/100129_idol_fan_stabbing_GD
Caption under mugshot:
"Bettis-Ware took the show too seriously"

Uhhh, ya think?  :rofl:

Really, though, it wasn't really the show that caused the stabbing, it was the argument.  They could have been arguing over the age-old toilet seat up or down dilemma and it probably would've happened.  ::)

Overheard in the hallway at work today:  "Eating meat causes arthritis."  ::)

If it makes you overweight it does - also, can cause gout, which is a form of arthritis.  So he was right - to a point.  ;D

MM

medicineman said:
If it makes you overweight it does - also, can cause gout, which is a form of arthritis.  So he was right - to a point.  ;D

MM
Oh yeah.  I'm sure the same thing could be said about a great many things in that case.  Chocolate, potatoes, etc, not just meat.

The Merck Manual (which I'm sure you're familiar with  ;) ) also lists asparagus and mushrooms as risk factors for gout as is low dairy consumption.

Wonder if they were a vegetarian or a vegan? 

medicineman said:
Granola heads...maybe one of your PETA friends  ;D.
Actually, no, it was in the civilian section of the hospital.

I do have friends who are vegetarians and vegans.  I just don't accept invites to supper!  ;)

Tim Hortons bans complaining customer

Jimmy Craig complained about his coffee one too many times.

The St. Andrews, N.B., man has been banned permanently from his local Tim Hortons, as well as the one in neighbouring St. Stephen.

Craig had complained about his decaffeinated coffee's burnt taste.

"It was like brown, burnt water," he told CBC. "I almost, you know, got sick in the sink."

After meetings with the store manager, the store owner and corporate office, Craig finally received a letter banning him under province's trespass act.

Craig - who is now brewing his java at home - is contacting a lawyer in an attempt to have the ban overturned.

More on link

If he hates the coffee so much, why would he fight to get the ban overturned?  ::)

Hoping for freebies OR he's too useless to make his own.  Of course, he might just be one of those old codgers that hang around and complain about everything to let people know he's still alive.

MM

Craig had complained about his decaffeinated coffee's burnt taste.

"It was like brown, burnt water," he told CBC. "I almost, you know, got sick in the sink."

It's decaffeinated.  What do you expect it would taste like after all the coffee goodness had been removed?    ::)

medicineman said:
Hoping for freebies

"A St. Andrews, New Brunswick Paramedic has been banned from patronizing Tim Hortons during his off hours."
Without commenting on the Corporation or individual in question, because I was not there.

The town doesn't seem like the kind of place that needs regularly to phone the ambulance to cart away vagrants, who have over-stayed their 20 minute welcome in certain business establishments, to the hospital "to get checked out". I've known lots of Paramedics who ruined a ( officially frowned upon )  "good thing" for the others by taking advantage of it. ( Not just restaurants either ). Like bullying staff over something they feel entitled to from the neighbourhood. I've seen a few get suspended when they went too far.
That is not to suggest that may have been the case with the individual mentioned in this story.

As mentioned, this is not referring to the Corporation or individual in question. Just memories from my own past experiences with joints - other than the Corporation mentioned - in another town.

medicineman said:
Of course, he might just be one of those old codgers that hang around and complain about everything to let people know he's still alive.

Hello?!?!?!  I'm in the room!!!

Back