• Thanks for stopping by. Logging in to a registered account will remove all generic ads. Please reach out with any questions or concerns.

What to send to the boyfriend!

army_girlfriend

Inactive
Reaction score
Hi there guys.  I have looked throughout the forum for some ideas on what you guys like to recieve from back home, and the one I was going to post on said it had been longer than 100 days since it was replied to, so I decided to write a new one.. Sorry!

I was just wondering though - any new ideas on what to send to the boyfriend in the army?  He started his basic training in September and graduates on Dec 8th, so I dont have much time - but he is out on the field right now - for the next two weeks, so is there anything you think he may like to have while out there? I've tried the whole letter writing and I know he enjoys that, I just want to spice it up a little bitt - so please, anyone with some ideas, write me bacck!

Thanks a lott !  :cdn:

Depends on what he likes...if it was me:

Hand written letters (about once a week...don't go too crazy)
Beef jerky
Can of Gatorade powder
Hot drink mixes for the field

I can't stress it enough...hand written.  Getting a letter when you're in the field is one of life's truly great moments.

army_girlfriend said:
I've tried the whole letter writing and I know he enjoys that, I just want to spice it up a little bitt - so please, anyone with some ideas, write me bacck!

Thanks a lott !   :cdn:

In my experience, a set of 8 strap garters will do the trick, with some nice lighting and a high resolution camera. Throw a corset in if you have the $$.

When you're finished, send me the prints and I'll tell you if your bf will like them or not.  ;)

GO!!! is so selfless... always going out of his way to make sure troops get their due.  :salute:

Projectile: C'mon!!!!  Don't freak her out!!!!

What I liked to receive when I was in BMQ was hand-written letters like Dirt Digger mentionned, but with some of your perfum....  I used to lay in my bed with those letters for so long....

Ahhhhhhhhhh, BMQ memories!!!!

Frank

Ha ha ..... I see your still thinking of your boyfriend. Aren't you the ideal girlfriend. I wish I was half the girlfriend you are. I have to agree with these guys. I was one of few girls on my BMQ/SQ course and the guys always told me what the loved getting from their girlfriends. I was the girl they would show all their letters to and be asked what it meant by a certain phrase. When it comes down to it they all said the same thing. They wanted something that would make them forget all their worries or concerns about being on course. As much as that other dudes comment should seem offensive it is funny and he has a point. Spice it up and send the boy what he wants to see. Or what he wants to hear .....

+1 for the letters.

Also, depends on his trade and all, but I really like those first aid hot packs. They are really nice to warm up the sleeping bag on those cold nights. There is also the camping hot packs, they last longer, but aren't as hot.

Candy, gatoraid, books, magazines.

Maybe even a scarfs or a hankerchief that smell (good) like you.

enough candies to share with everyone, shower caps for boot covers, a letter or card from you, a recent picture of you....

I really like the feeling of getting letters too. In St Jean I LOVED going down the stadium seating in front of the PL And getting my letter when only some of us did.  all the guys wanted to read it.  One time i got a REALLY Raunchy one and it shivered me timbers.  lets just don't go into stall 3 in R800  LOL jk jk .....  all jokes aside  letters are awesome and the picture is a must because on inspections we have to have a picture frame and guess who gets the prime spot there... that would be you,  so make it a good pic!!!!  Some times we have to answer questions about who it is or whatever... like when the CO does an inspection he ALWAYS asks.    If it is St Jean then no candy is allowed  i don't know about the other places.

Gatorade, Gatorade, Gatorade... that stuff was like crack on my basic. I've actually seen people fight over the rare and tasty Strawberry Kiwi Gatorade! ;D

Perfumed letters are great...but keep in mind, up to 45 other guys will be smelling said letter

Yea, along with the liquer. It's not a surprise, really  ^-^. But do they actually look through the packages?

My husband always loved to receive:

-gatorade
-beef jerky
-smokes/chew as applicable
-crossword puzzle books
-magazines (the type of which were dependant upon the host nation/culture he was serving in)
-gum
-bags of candies (for giving to kids on his patrols)
-little Canada pins
-letters of the 'update what are we doing today type'
and most importantly
-letters 'of the raunchy what I am going to do to you when you get home type'

I later came to find out that when we were posted seperately, the letters 'of the raunchy type' had his name and mine torn from the paper and were 'posted' on the message board of the shacks. Quite embarassing indeed.

I get same from him when I'm deployed. (Except the mags and the type of smokes are different!!  ;D)

AoD71 said:
Yea, along with the liquer. It's not a surprise, really   ^-^. But do they actually look through the packages?

They did at bmq. I don't know about once your out of bmq. Keep in mind bmq is like a world unto itself. I'm told courses after bmq are quite different. So if you're talking about what to send a guy who's on bmq, you might want to re-think anything that might embarrass him. I know a few guys who went crimson when the MS handed out the mail.  ;D

In my BMQ, they always checked the packages....or made the receiver open it in front of the whole platoon...absolutely, always some people embarrassed.

I've never had that in an other course, other than guys smelling buddies perfumed letters from his girlfriend before he got to open it.

-Candy
-Smokes/Chew
-Recent Mags (I wouldn't suggest adult)
-a Book
-Gatorade is always good.

You could also ask the person you're mailing to what they might want.

armyvern said:
I later came to find out that when we were posted seperately, the letters 'of the raunchy type' had his name and mine torn from the paper and were 'posted' on the message board of the shacks. Quite embarassing indeed.

Since you've already been embarased..... ;)

Back