• Thanks for stopping by. Logging in to a registered account will remove all generic ads. Please reach out with any questions or concerns.

What religion do you consider yourself

So what do you consider yourself

• Total voters
karl28 said:
Now George Wallace  what did the Doc say about taking to much caffeine again  LOL but nice post had a good laugh on it .

Alright.  You caught me in a lie.  I really am a convert to the greatest of them all:  Timmies.  I must have my Large Double Double or my day just doesn't go right.  Now that Roll Up the Rim has passed for another year, I feel.........I feel.......I feel....so....confused.....I want to roll up the Rim.....but the cup is not the right colour......I feel.......so violated.

Flawed Design said:
Poor first post.

We get graded?  Rats!  I hate getting low marks.  I’ll work on my Jedi powers of intuition and persuasion in order to perform better from now on.

Thanks for the correction Yrys; I did try to begin with my 97th post, but it seems we all start at 1!  :(

George Wallace

Thats ok man we all feel the same way  LOL we just have to wait till next year LOL

kratz said:
I chose to vote Other because while I believe in Christianity, I do not support any one belief that was listed.

Which was the entire reason for Other. If the your religion was not listed or did not match the choices listed then Other is the blanket choice.

I received a couple of IMs concerning my use of the word "sect" below is the the definition in bold:
sect 
–noun
1. a body of persons adhering to a particular religious faith; a religious denomination.

2. a group regarded as heretical or as deviating from a generally accepted religious tradition. 
3. (in the sociology of religion) a Christian denomination characterized by insistence on strict qualifications for membership, as distinguished from the more inclusive groups called churches. 
4. any group, party, or faction united by a specific doctrine or under a doctrinal leader. 

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

[Origin: 1300–50; ME secte < L secta something to follow, pathway, course of conduct, school of thought, prob. n. deriv. of sectārī to pursue, accompany, wait upon, freq. of sequī to follow]
Dictionary.com Unabridged (v 1.1)
Based on the Random House Unabridged Dictionary, © Random House, Inc. 2006

I put down Agnostic just because my normal "choices" aren't listed - usually when someone gets on a religious tangent with me and wants to know what I am, I try to work around them by stating a bunch of different -isms such as humanism and utilitarianism. The problem with that, however, is you tend to start finding 20-30 different -isms that could potentially fit you :D

I was raised an RC on the prairies, so my I-Discs say that. I don't agree with the RC view on no marriages for priests, or their view of contraception either. Way too antiquated. As a kid and adult, church was limited to weddings and funerals after the age of 9 or 10. My Mom was an RC, and my Dad a 1st generation Canadian with a Northen Irish Protestant background.

If any thing, I am a typical Saskatchewan born and raised good ole boy, who apprecaites, 4X4's,  hunting, shooting, drinking beer and enjoying the good company of his friends.

Overall, I would say I have semi-good Christian-like right of centre morales and values, which were enbedded/imprinted on me by my parents, and our way of life. I believe there is a good and an evil, and something awaits us after our lives are done here.

Hope that makes sense.

Wes

Other

As I am Aboriginal I am trying to follow the "Red Path" of Native Spirituality, although I do slip back once in a while,  ;)

Mother was Presbyterian, so went to Presbyterian Sunday School as a youngster. The only Church in the Manitoba village we moved to when I was 13 was United, so went there - as did EVERYONE else in the village. Eventually confirmed Anglican, my choice, and have considered myself an Anglican ever since. I do occasionally make it up the street to a wonderful heritage church in the old C of E design, complete with rood screen and pipe organ.

:cdn:
Hawk

LAdies and Gentlemen

Lets not start with the innuendoes on religion, its a poll to figure out who is what. comments on so so's belief system have not been asked for nor desired. Consider this your final warning. Any more nasty opinions will result in a warning.

Any posts will be removed if they are controversial in any way shape or form.

Milnet.Ca Staff

I'm a convert to Roman Catholicism.  Because it has a long history of teaching and tradition, it appeals to my mind as well as my heart.

Born, raised and still practicing RC.
Wesley  Down Under said:
I don't agree with the RC view on no marriages for priests, or their view of contraception either.
I also have some issues, but I believe in my faith; maybe I'm what PJP called a "cafeteria" Catholic. However I truly believe that one can still be strong, faithful member of a faith community while disagreeing with certain aspects (ie. doctrine). I firmly believe in the dogma of the Church, which is the most important part. I try to tell my students this as well (I teach in a Catholic school); disagreeing with a teaching of the Church is no reason to turn away from it. Just my opinion though.

On a side note, I noticed that the list did not include "Pastafarianism." I had never heard of this until one of my students claimed he was one.
http://www.venganza.org/
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Flying_Spaghetti_Monster

ex-Sup said:
Born, raised and still practicing RC.I also have some issues, but I believe in my faith; maybe I'm what PJP called a "cafeteria" Catholic.

On a side note, I noticed that the list did not include "Pastafarianism." I had never heard of this until one of my students claimed he was one.
http://www.venganza.org/
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Flying_Spaghetti_Monster

Search "Flying_Spaghetti_Monster" here, and you will find 8 thread about it :). I didn't try the pink invisible unicorn, it has less appeal to people here...

I think that there a lot of "cafeteria" Catholics around the world. If you regard all the dogma and the custums of the Vatican, I'm sure there is almost always
a belief or a custom that someone has in dispute. Even if the minimum standard of the RC is not that high (read on the Vatican website : mass every Sunday,
Eucharitie and confession once a year, and support the Holy mother church).

421_434_226, you slip back into what ?

Yrys said:
This is techically my 2530 post, which mean I post "often" in my lane ;) ...

Technicly, 833 of those 2530 (that's a whopping 32.92% !!) posts of yours have been in Radio Chatter, with your other 1697 posts distributed throughout many many boards. Proportionately, we know where your lanes are!!  >:D

Technicly, this is my 2,997 post :D

But, with regards to the FSP, I am at a loss for words.

Baker

ArmyVern said:
Technicly, 833 of those 2530 (that's a whopping 32.92% !!) posts of yours have been in Radio Chatter, with your other 1697 posts distributed throughout many many boards. Proportionately, we know where your lanes are!!  >:D

Heck, what DID you expect, I'm a civy  >:D

I clicked athiest, but according to Wikipedia ... being an athiest means that I really can fall into the category of FSM.

:-\

Changing to appropriate avtar now, I'll be over it by Sunday.  ;)

ArmyVern said:
I clicked athiest, but according to Wikipedia ... being an athiest means that I really can fall into the category of FSM.

All hail the Flying Spaghetti Monster!!!!
*bows down*

Midget

Back