• Thanks for stopping by. Logging in to a registered account will remove all generic ads. Please reach out with any questions or concerns.

What is it the maximum of push-ups and sit-ups you have doing in the BMQ?

hoote said:
I think we could distinguish between useful and useless weight.  
Speaking of myself, I have about an extra 20 pounds of chubby that I want to lose by basic.   Carrying that weight around is an undue burden on my joints for sure.   Now if that 20 lbs were muscle, then I think its a bit different.   Having stronger legs, arms, back and chest would help me run and I think prevent injuries because I am more capable of carrying my own and any additional weight.  

This goes within reason though.   I am sure if I was 275 pounds of solid muscle, my little 5'8" joints would suffer even if the extra weight was muscle.

Stonger muscles do not alway equal bigger muscles.  Also if your cardio is weak it won't matter if you are musclar or a tub of lard, your body sees both as weight that needs to be moved.

I was once told that as muscles get stronger, they get more dense, not always bigger. 

And about the cardio, I agree.  I am amazed when I see chubby older people burning past me on the trails!

Back