• Thanks for stopping by. Logging in to a registered account will remove all generic ads. Please reach out with any questions or concerns.

What is appropriate to wear to DP1?

Aries

Inactive
Reaction score
I have searched and asked knowledgeable people, but have yet to get a straightforward answer. I was hoping one of you might be able to help out.

Do I show up for DP1 with a black beret and Armoured cap badge (or possibly cornflake), or do I keep my Jimmy cap badge and green beretfrom my old trade until I am DP1 qualified. Same question goes for the Buttons and stuff on my DEU's.

Any and all help is appreciated.

Aries....
You wear the kit that you have been issued.
You do not wear a cornflake & you do not strip off your DEUs of your old badges ..... you wear your jimmy gear till such time as you get your new qualification (or someone in authority issues you new gear and gives you instruction to wear em)

Wear what you have now. Once you arrive to holding troop, you will be taken around base to get cleared in and such. During this time, when you clear into the J-7 QM, you will receive your armoured school cap badge. However, they will make you buy a black armored beret if you don't already have one. And a word of advice: make sure you get it before you show up (if you haven't already) and make sure there is no trench in the front of your beret.

Cheers, and have fun on DP1. ;)

Agent Zero said:
Wear what you have now. Once you arrive to holding troop, you will be taken around base to get cleared in and such. During this time, when you clear into the J-7 QM, you will receive your armoured school cap badge. However, they will make you buy a black armored beret if you don't already have one. And a word of advice: make sure you get it before you show up (if you haven't already) and make sure there is no trench in the front of your beret.

Cheers, and have fun on DP1. ;)

Just order one online for free

Clothing online - logistkunicorp.com.

I'm looking at it now, and I'm offered the choice of green, black or maroon berets.

Agent Zero said:
Is that even possible?

https://www.logistikunicorp.com/DND/DndGetAccess.asp?lang=E

If you have problems setting up your account -- let me know.

HighlandIslander said:
Clothing online - logistkunicorp.com.

I'm looking at it now, and I'm offered the choice of green, black or maroon berets.

Get a tan beret with an armoured school cap badge.

That would be awesome to see marching around base.

ArmyVern said:
https://www.logistikunicorp.com/DND/DndGetAccess.asp?lang=E

If you have problems setting up your account -- let me know.

That's okay Vern. I currently have a beret.

Thanks anyways :p

Agent Zero said:
That's okay Vern. I currently have a beret.

Thanks anyways :p

Yeah, but do you have an account registered with Logistik yet?? Your points are just withering away??

Agent Zero said:
Get a tan beret with an armoured school cap badge.

That would be awesome to see marching around base.

Sorry, we don't wear a beret. Or a capbadge, for that matter. I'd be lynched.

buy one from the armour school canteen the logistic corp barets arnt very good

Agent Zero said:
And a word of advice: make sure you get it before you show up (if you haven't already) and make sure there is no trench in the front of your beret.

???  What's that?  (and I guess, out of random curiousity, why?)

Dimsum said:
Agent Zero said:
And a word of advice: make sure you get it before you show up (if you haven't already) and make sure there is no trench in the front of your beret.

It was a polite way of referring to a certain part of anatomy.

George Wallace said:

It was a polite way of referring to a certain part of anatomy.

And, with that clarification ... even I get it!!

Fluffy ... perhaps/perhaps not.

In regards to the buy a beret from the canteen, versus ordering one from logistikcorp, the berets from logistikcorp are the same. The only difference is that there is a cardboard backing that is easily taken out. They are of the same Belgian style with the cloth band.

In regards to the "make sure you don't have a trench in the front of your beret", that is a bunch of bull crap. Lots of guys at regiment have trenches. The forming of the beret is a very personal thing, and as long as it doesn't look like a bag of hammers no one cares, inf, armour or otherwise.

Xfire said:
buy one from the armour school canteen the logistic corp barets arnt very good

The new ones available thru Logistikunicorps are a huge improvement, and having worn both, I'd say order one online before you chuck your $20 away at the canteen.  The new ones have a cloth sweatband and are not big pizza-dough slinging ones like they used to issue.

HULK_011 said:
In regards to the "make sure you don't have a trench in the front of your beret", that is a bunch of bull crap.

And hence the comments as to what is "In the beret and under it".

HULK_011 said:
Lots of guys at regiment have trenches.

Not too many that I have seen.

HULK_011 said:
The forming of the beret is a very personal thing, and as long as it doesn't look like a bag of hammers no one cares, inf, armour or otherwise.

True.  However, those with the large C**t behind the hatbadge are usually the ones who look like a bag of hammers and get ridiculed.

Back