• Thanks for stopping by. Logging in to a registered account will remove all generic ads. Please reach out with any questions or concerns.

What is appropriate to wear to DP1?

Counted the trenches of the 30 ppl at work today, and at least seven of them had trenches, including 2 cpls, and one mcpl. So it cant be that uncommon.

Well , I can't speak for everyone but...when I wore the black beret, at first it was with a trench, but then I changed the errors of my ways  ;D (I used to wear a green one before the black so...) and looked around at the way most of the folks were wearing it, like the SSM and Tp WOs and such.  I much prefer the non-trench 'style' and even now, my blue beret is still worn what I consider 'properly' (yes, I know thats subjective).  I've even had a few people say 'what were you, Armoured before or something?" to which I reply "yup" and then it seems to make sense to them.  FWIW, I'd say half the people who I see could learn a thing or two about beret-wearing from the BMQ course that is currently on ground. 

To each his own but, IMHO, one of the things I used to find that set 'us' apart from other Corps/Branches was the black beret itself, and the way most of us wore it.

Back