• Thanks for stopping by. Logging in to a registered account will remove all generic ads. Please reach out with any questions or concerns.

What can i do?

Scorp2586

Inactive
Reaction score
A month later and still no word! When i was in Saskatoon a Captain Mayers put me on the merit list, and now that I've moved back to Hamilton they've taken me off.  I wish i could get Captain Mayers on the phone or email, but since I've left Saskatoon they've closed down the recruiting center. I've even recieved an email from Peter Mackay stating that the Canadian Forces has found me to be eligible for recruitment and that i would just have to wait for a position to come available. I've done anything and everything I've been asked to do to get my past straightened out for recruitment. If theres anyone that can help me with my recruitment please PM me!

If you know that you have been removed from the merit list then obviously you are in contact with someone. I'm sure the recruiting centre would have told you where they are passing the files they have too. Obviously they know you have moved to Hamilton so maybe they are sending your file to the nearest recruitment centre there. I'd be asking questions to who ever is taking over from the closed recruitment centre.

Correct, my files have made it to Hamilton. It is here where another Captain had decided to take me off the merit list. I'm not going to pretend to know what goes on behind the scenes in the recruiting process, but after over ten years of application freezes, file transfers and terminations, it would be nice to just catch a break. I believe it's quite obvious mine is not a typical application, I had a lot of things I needed to do to get to where I am in my application process. And to be put on the merit list and then taken off by another Captain a month or so later, its really just been a kick in the...! I will head down to the RC tomorrow and see if i can get any answers, or reach any sort of progress. Thanks for the response Teager,

Cheers

Scorp2586 said:
I believe it's quite obvious mine is not a typical application, I had a lot of things I needed to do to get to where I am in my application process. And to be put on the merit list and then taken off by another Captain a month or so later, its really just been a kick in the...! I will head down to the RC tomorrow and see if i can get any answers, or reach any sort of progress.

A few things to consider:

1. No one is particularly "special" to the recruiting process - unless you have a particular skill set that is highly in demand, you are likely to be listed according to your merit. You "doing a lot of things" is what most applicants do when they want to be hired; they make themselves viable candidates and meet requirements for the job/career.

2. I am sure due to a throughout search of this website you are aware that a merit list is a fluid listing.  You may have at the time of your interview scored high enough to be placed on the merit list, only to have that bottom line be raised for applicants etc.  Point is I highly doubt there was anything malicious about said Captain removing you from the list.  It is however a good idea to check and see if it was a clerical error or something lost in the shuffle.  Checking in with the Recruiting center every once and a while is never a bad thing.

Good luck! 

Sorry for any confusion, by no intent did i try to make myself seem more important than any other applicant. Also it was not my intent to blame any officer of the CF. I'm in my position due to the actions i had taken and the laws i had broken leading up to recruitment. Im just confused because i had been placed on the merit list back in spring before I left Saskatoon, and I had recieved an email from our defense minister Peter Mackay stating that the CF had found me eligible and just had to wait for a position to come available in the trade i had chosen.(combat eng, infantry, crewman). Im just a little confused to how this all works. I did go in today to see the Captain, and recieved word that my file has gone to the higher ups for review. At this point, I don't think they will allow me to state my case and or give explanations. I just dont think my file will serve me well before people who will only know me from a stack of paper. Well i have three weeks to go stir crazy while i wait for my answer from the higher ups. Best of luck to all that have given me advice in the past and its a long shot but hopefully i recieve some good news in 3 weeks. :salute:

Back