• Thanks for stopping by. Logging in to a registered account will remove all generic ads. Please reach out with any questions or concerns.

What book are you reading now?

Just put down "Renegades - Canadians in the Spanish Civil War" by Michael Petrou, 2008.  A definitive history of the MacKenzie-Papineau Battalion; who they were, why they did it, what they experienced, and what became of them.

http://www.chapters.indigo.ca/books/Renegades-Canadians-Spanish-Civil-War-Michael-Petrou/9780774814188-item.html

The Iceman - Confessions of a Mafia Assassin

The guy's name is Richard Kuklinski. He had personally killed over 200 men. Bizarre chap.

Currently reading 3Para and skimming through Green Eyes and Black Rifles.

Cinderella Army by Terry Copp. Great account of the 1st Canadian Army after Normandy, doing all the crap jobs in NWE, clearing the channel ports , the Breskin Pocket Walchern etc.

First In...an insiders account of how the CIA spearheaded the war on terror in Afghanistan. :cdn: :cdn:

medicineman said:
"Dragonfly in Amber" by Diana Gabaldon.

How do you find it? I read the entire Outlander series--couldn't put it down.

I loved the beginning books that deal with The Battle of Culloden in Scotland but found the later books of the 7 book series (the books dealing with Jamie and Clare's adventures in America) less appealling.

Diana Gabaldon is quite the Scottish scholar and usually attends the Highland Games in Fergus, Ontario each August.

Currently reading:  The True Intrepid: Sir William Stephenson and the Unknown Agents by Bill Macdonald. Fascinating to discover what a large role a few lesser-known "quiet Canadians" played in helping the Americans set up the CIA; and more importantly win WWII.

" Soldiers made me look good", by MGen(ret.) Lew MacKenzie. 
Good read  :)

The "Gothic Line" by Mark Zuehlke.

I am posted in Italy so I might as well learn all about those D-Day Dodgers.... Who knows I might get to visit a few of those battle sites up near Rimini.

Cheers,

Gasplug  :salute:

Two books I think are a must read (which I failed to mention yesterday)  are 15 Days.....and  Contact Charlie. :cdn:

I just started Fifteen Days, and My first 1,000 words (with the little one :D)

Licensed to Kill  Robert Young Pelton      An amazing read and insight into the private military/security companies like Blackwater and how they are used in Iraq and Afaganastan.

On Killing  LCol Dave Grossman    A real eye opener into how we are brought to the point of being able to break the largest of all societal taboos, killing another human being,

Lords of the Bow by Conn Iggulden.  Genghis Khan must strive against blah blah blabbity blah blah....  not a bad read, typical lightweight historical fiction.  Killed a couple of afternoons so far.

Kat Stevens said:
Lords of the Bow by Conn Iggulden.  Genghis Khan must strive against blah blah blabbity blah blah....  not a bad read, typical lightweight historical fiction.  Killed a couple of afternoons so far.
I picked up the series and will be tackling them once finished Cussler's 'Navigator'

WrenchBender

Just finished "Contact Charlie".........excellent read!  Highly recommended

Back