• Thanks for stopping by. Logging in to a registered account will remove all generic ads. Please reach out with any questions or concerns.

We're human too!

Status
Not open for further replies.

dq6t9

Inactive
Reaction score
Here's what I DON"T get. At school I get made fun of because I am in Army cadets like whatever. Hwy should they get all worked over it.Besides how should they know what Cadets is like if they nver tried it? I tell them that but NO they still make fun. Say I am just a soldier wannabe. It is getting so ANNOYING  :rage: Anybody here no any hot comebacks to them, or any help to injore them. Becuase it gets worse evrytime.

Thanx
MAndee

I used to get the same thing when I was in cadets,

Ignore them, like anything else kids do if you ignore it they'll stop, if you use a comeback no matter how good it is they'll just keep at it and it will only get worse.
Have some confidence in yourself and rise above it.

As a cadet (especially in your senior ranks), you will learn patience. Alot of it.

The only effective way to deal with bullies is to simply brush it off, and don't give them any reason to razz you.

Show pride in your uniform, and what you have accomplished. Being a cadet is one of the greatest experiences you will have as a teenager.

The ones most likely to call you a wannabe are the sad little people who have nothing going on in their own lives.  They make themselves feel good by putting others down.  Ask yourself what it is they have going on, then take comfort in the fact you have joined something that is bigger than yourself.  And then ignore them, as suggested.

You have accoutrements with the word 'CANADA' on it, while your peers wear their hats sideways, talk gutter/rap english and emulate the culture of a disadvantaged social group in a foriegn country.

So who is the wannabe?

Tom

As everybody has been saying, ignore them. And slowly try explaining to them what cadets is about. Show pride in yourself and what you are doing and make sure you let them know when necessary.

TCBF said:
You have accoutrements with the word 'CANADA' on it, while your peers wear their hats sideways, talk gutter/rap english and emulate the culture of a disadvantaged social group in a foriegn country.

So who is the wannabe?

Tom
Well said Tom.

I heard somewhere that like 50% of the soldiers who fought in WWII were former army cadets.  Tell them that if it werent people like you they'd be speaking German and eating strudel.  I never got made fun of at my school, in fact i think alot of people were fascinated by it and regretted not joining when they were younger.  No matter what people are gonna make fun of other people for something, thats life, so just suck it up buttercup.

Just wait a few years until after High School.  When there are endless opportunities for you and others are flipping burgers.  You'll find that high school doesn't mean a whole lot when you're out in the real word.  As far as popularity factors go anyway.

ARMYboi69 said:
PLUS, no where else outside of cadets will you see a 17 year-old being referred to as 'sir'.

Wow,  I didn't know that getting a superiority complex was a reason for joining cadets.  ::)

Piper said:
I head somewhere that 78.97% of statistics are made up on the spot. And I like eating strudel.

I heard it was 125.66%..which doesn't make sense but its a statistic!

I hope your are not advocating the position because you join cadets you are more entitled to respect, then someone for whatever reason, who did not join is?

here is what you should do.

March in a relaxed manner everywhere..
Check you arms anytime you go up steps of any kind
only hold things in your left arm and kept it tight to your body when walk.
Always stand at ease when not movie but standing.

That'll show them :D

I totally get the opposite treatment at my school. People are intimidated even though I'm a nice guy. The ladies get turned on too ;)

It's always amazing; every day at least one person asks me in all seriousness if i've ever shot anyone "cuz im in da army" ::), EVERYDAY.......ignorance, what a thing.

I always get asked if i'm going to join the army when people find out if i'm in army cadets.  And I always smile and say "yup"

mandal said:
It's always amazing; every day at least one person asks me in all seriousness if i've ever shot anyone "cuz im in da army" ::), EVERYDAY.......ignorance, what a thing.

I get that to time to time. It gets annoying but oh well.

ryanmann356 said:
I always get asked if i'm going to join the army when people find out if i'm in army cadets.   And I always smile and say "yup"

I get that everyday usually at school, so I tell them I tell them hopefully I will...

To the people who talk about McDonalds like its Mc Dicks...I kind of work there...Funny thing is, is that my manager pretty much hired me for BEING in army cadets..Well thats what i think.....Thank you guys for being, er supportive?...Everybody needs a helpful handful of encourging words everyday....Thanks... and am I proud to be in cadets? Yes I am...my life revolves around, cadets, school and work at "mcDix" And the spare time is for my REAL friends...Thanks again :)

Mandee ;)

I was an army cadet in school too.  Was always tease for it, but the ones doing the teasing were the ones who had nothing to do with thier time.  The sports players, the chess club, the ones who had jobs etc, never had time to tease.  Sure they asked questions, but they understood what it was like to belong to something they felt was important.  The party crowd who's life was drugs and crime, they pick on anyone who had some direction in thier lives.  Now 20 years after I left school I find that the people who picked on me about cadets still tease me about joining the army.  Guess where they are now, in jail, dead or on welfare.  So go and enjoy what ever activities you are interested and know you are a good person with lots to contribute.  In the end you will walk tall and have something to be proud of, maybe even go on to a successfull military career, become a doctor or what ever else you wish and they shall still be nothing.

Just my 2 cents worth.

I know a few guys i worked with in my younger years at an Amusement park, and can honestly say id prefer to work with some of those guys in the field than some i currently work with in my unit, solely based on work ethic.

Like piper said, Cadets arent something to be taken so seriously. We had plenty of EX-Cadets quit the Army shortly after joining...

Mandee, grow thicker skin. It will do you a lot of good in later life.

On a side note, I like McDonalds   ;D

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back