• Thanks for stopping by. Logging in to a registered account will remove all generic ads. Please reach out with any questions or concerns.

weighted vest for PT

missionessential

Inactive
Reaction score
comes complete with 40 lbs of weight in individual 2.5 lb bags
vest is constructed of cordura and military grade webbing
fully adjustable with four straps and Fastex buckles allowing for weight to remain secure during rigourous PT
enhanced padding on shoulders, chest and back
perfect for developing strength, speed, agility, endurance and plyometrics
much more comfortable and versatile than a ruck!

$200 + 8% PST

contact missionessential@cogeco.ca with any questions

Shipping would be killer on that!! Can you individually package every sand grain?

How about shipping the weights bags empty, with a zipper or some such closure, to be filled by the end user.  I don't need to mail order sand, I'm a block from the ocean!

For that matter, some may elect lead shot or other, weightier option.

Whatever happened to eating healthy and going to the gym..

Ohh the silliness some people will develop, knowing that some people will actually buy that!

If your that hard core buy a real vest or use your TV....... ::)

Oh, come on!  It's only $216 for some sandbags!

You're just not commited to PT  ;D

Meh the only sandbags I try and willingly carry is on mountain man.

Thats just effective marketing speaking for you. :)

Here's what I did:
Get your small pack and put a 20 lb bag of kitty litter in it.  When that is too easy, put a 40 lb bag of kitty litter in it.  If that gets too easy, you don't have a fitness issue any longer.  The bags are just about the perfect size for the interior space of the small pack, and are nice and compact.  If you dial up the straps on the small pack you can get the bags fairly tight and close to your back.  I believe there are also small bags of litter in 10 lb sizes. 

Cost:
Small pack--issued= Free

Cat litter
20 lb--$6.00
40 lb--$9.00 (and on sale with a nice fresh scent)

Shipping--whatever it costs you to drive to PetSmart or where ever. 

Make sure you have some good running shoes.  And don't start with the 40.  You will regret it. 

Zipperhead Cop, you missed some important factors:

LCF.  Everyone has a smallpack.  Who has a personal anti-flotation vest?  And how much conversation has a simple, effective, and inexpensive solution ever started?

Shamrock said:
Zipperhead Cop, you missed some important factors:

LCF.  Everyone has a smallpack.  Who has a personal anti-flotation vest?  And how much conversation has a simple, effective, and inexpensive solution ever started?

My dumb.  I'll buy three. 
sm_bounce2.gif

missionessential said:
comes complete with 40 lbs of weight in individual 2.5 lb bags
vest is constructed of cordura and military grade webbing
fully adjustable with four straps and Fastex buckles allowing for weight to remain secure during rigourous PT
enhanced padding on shoulders, chest and back
perfect for developing strength, speed, agility, endurance and plyometrics
much more comfortable and versatile than a ruck!

$200 + 8% PST

contact missionessential@cogeco.ca with any questions

Crikey, looks liike a suicide vest!

Does anyone know what this does to your body running round with all that weight?

Its gets ruined. All fine when you're 18 and bullet proof.

My suggetion, keep fit, run longer, harder, and faster, even power walk for long distances. Stick to a good PT plan, eat well, drink plenty of water, work on various muscle groups, upper and lower body, etc, and SAVE your knees and back.

When it come time to do a ruck run, your body will be ready, abusing by doing SILLY things like repetitive running with weight proves nothing but turn the clock against you, aside from making you look macho.

Cheers,

Wes

zipperhead_cop said:
Cost:
Small pack--issued= Free

Cat litter
20 lb--$6.00
40 lb--$9.00 (and on sale with a nice fresh scent)

Once you reach an acceptable level of fitness where you no longer find 40 lbs of cat litter heavy, donate it to a shelter and get a tax receipt.

Ziperhead cop, once I emptied out the litter into my bag.. I found it had the habit of sneaking out off all the holes in the fabric!!  The once I was done.. it took forever to vaccum out all the darn litter!!! Your idea is horrible!!

hehe

Not to mention tripping over all those damn cats.....

Thanks for all of the witty responses!

To answer some of your queries, questions and concerns ...

The weights are individual 2.5 lb bags of #9 shot. Each is sealed in a plastic bag and sewn into a cordura "beanbag". This will alleviate any spillage or vacuuming issues. They are evenly distributed about your upper body so it will not cause any undue strain on your lower back like a ruck or a small pack. The individual weights also offer the wearer much more versatility in changing the weight required.

This piece of equipment is not specifically designed to be worn while running. It can be used as a supplement or replacement for weight training. When the individual is on leave or does not have access to a gym, simple calisthenic exercises become much more effective when weight is added. The strapping system will also keep the weights much more secure than a small pack when doing agility or plyometric work.

I hope this alleviates some of your concerns.

You can get similar vests from places like fitness depot and fitness source, for cheaper.

Back