• Thanks for stopping by. Logging in to a registered account will remove all generic ads. Please reach out with any questions or concerns.

64 Pat Rucksack Mounted on Downeast 1606AC Airborne Molle Frame

fraserdw pm'ed me earlier about CPGear's new Multiframe Gen4 64 Ruck.

http://www.cpgear.com/store/pack/64_pack_t62-1_rucksack.htm

Lots of cool improvements, both to the bag and harness.

Slightly off topic I noticed this pack and all the materials are made in te US/Canada.
That's awesome, I never cared before but these days everything seems to be made in china. When I shop the first thing I check now is where was it made.  Good on CP gear

This Gen4 is looking pretty good,  has some nice improvements/new features.  Ability to use issue pouches is nice,  as well as being able to use those DEI frames.

For anyone who's wondering(I was anyways),  I emailed CP Gear and asked if the ruck can be mounted high,  as well which CTS pouches(small pack or ruck) can fit the 64pack.

Hi Mike,
Thanks for for email.
1. No I don't think mounting high is going to work. You'll run out of places to attach because you also have the shoulder straps and yoke in that area too.
2. The CTS pouches and Butt Pack in the video are the DND issued ones (we don't make them). Not really sure what pack in the CF they originate from...sorry!
Hope this helps

Mark Wheeler
President
visit...www.cpgear.com
1-800-561-3040
Skype - cpgear

CPGear...Celebrating 25yrs of making High Quality Military Gear

On 2012-06-30, at 9:22 AM, CPGear Tactical wrote:

Submitted on 06/30/2012 - 06:22
Submitted by anonymous user: [76.65.47.83]

Submitted values are:

Name: Mike xxxxxxxx
Email: xxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Telephone: xxx-xxx-xxxx
Subject: Gen 4 Multi Frame 64 pack
Image Attachment:
Your Message:
First off, the new ruck looks amazing,  congrats on improving the ruck even more. I  just want to confirm two things.

1.)  Can the pack be mounted high on the DEI 1606 frame,  so the valaise can be attached below?

2.)  I can't really tell from the pictures/videos,  the CTS pouches(top loaders, not buttpack) that can attach to the pack are they from the small pack or rucksack?

Thank you
-Mike

CTS pouches, whether rucksack or patrol pack mount using the daisy chain system, either should mount but I think they are the same pouches.  ANyone with both know?

You can mount high if you use the P64 Yoke by CP Gear instead of the new backpad and shoulder strap system on the P64. P82 and ALICE frame anyway.  I have not tried the yoke on the 1600 series frames.  But the data on mounting the yoke to the 1606 above by the original OP would apply probably.

fraserdw said:
CTS pouches, whether rucksack or patrol pack mount using the daisy chain system, either should mount but I think they are the same pouches.  ANyone with both know?

Yes, they both mount using the same system,  but the size of the pouches that come with the Rucksack are larger then the Small Pack Pouches.  I watched the video again,  and they were using the small pack pouches.

I just compared the small pack pouches to the rucksack ones and unless CP Gear has more attachment points the rucksack pouches won't fit.  There is an extra 2 inches of spacing between the top and bottom attachment clips on the rucksack pouches compared to the small pack ones.

Roger that, so the pouches are from the small or patrol pack.  Still it is an excellent use of issue equipment with Gucci Kit to give re-birth to a tried and true rucksack sytem.  I guy can use his issue kit to save a little and still get that custom look and feel.

Received my GEN4 CP Gear pack today.  I approve.  The pack has been re-designed to fit both patrol pack and rucksack pouches.  The bag is deep and the waterproof liner is excellent!

I ordered one today a long with the MoFOCR. Cost a shit-load, but at least I know I'll have some solid, reliable kit.  I have a 64 frame and I purchased the 1606 so I'll see which one I prefer better. The big thing that concerned me and that I talked to Mr. Wheeler about was there seemed to be a gap between the back bad and the hip bad, especially noticeable while mounted on the 64 frame.  I'm 6'4" so we'll see if the gap causes any concern. I'm definitely excited for my order to come in.

I hope you checked with your CoC to confirm you are able to use those items before you spent that kind of money.

-Skeletor- said:
I hope you checked with your CoC to confirm you are able to use those items before you spent that kind of money.

In unit lines, Rucksuck is a go, so far the Rig is a no go, but up for review.
Fortunately, I'm going to be attached with the infantry and get some time off from the meat-locker. My OC over there already gave the green light.. and co-incidentally uses the same rig.

Back