• Thanks for stopping by. Logging in to a registered account will remove all generic ads. Please reach out with any questions or concerns.

Wearing Uniform in Public (merged)

I remember being on the bus in Halifax one very cold day and seeing a reserve Lt wearing an orange survival suit over his navy uniform, had to shake my head on that one.  He was the same Lt that fell in Halifax harbour when not hanging on properly on a RHIB and halting the entire exercise.

Robert0288 said:
That just sounds... special.  Doesn't take much effort to clip a helmet onto your tacvest.

But then he would be hatless, having left his beret in his locker.

ME

Sigs Pig said:
But then he would be hatless, having left his beret in his locker.

ME

It was in his pocket, BCR badge sticking out the top of the leg cargo pocket... He's just trying to pick up all those Granola-eating hippie chicks in East Van  ;D

NavalMoose said:
I remember being on the bus in Halifax one very cold day and seeing a reserve Lt wearing an orange survival suit over his navy uniform, had to shake my head on that one.  He was the same Lt that fell in Halifax harbour when not hanging on properly on a RHIB and halting the entire exercise.

Probably related.

NavalMoose said:
I remember that. The guy had the same name (first and last, same rank too!) as my EO at the time. (I think it was TOR). We gave him a hard time for quite a while!
That said, that's a new one-Have never seen that though I have heard of people out in public in NCDs and canary rain jacket.

Ok,  everybody is right in a way. Lets not forget we are in 2012 all  the CF regulations were riten long long time ago way before Human Rights came in play. Today a Private can listen to his IPode, talk on his Cell phone etc while in Uniform and  you can't say anything or you will get in trouble.  RIGHTS. I keep hearing everyday  Discrimination or Singling Out words.  What is more sad that I am in Borden where suposed to be more discipline

"Today a Private can listen to his IPode, talk on his Cell phone etc while in Uniform and  you can't say anything or you will get in trouble"

Let me be the first to say that you are talking out of an area usually reserved for funny noises and bad smells.  No one in uniform is allowed to have their headphones in rocking out to whatever, I don't know where you got that information but I may have some swampland in Florida for sale if you are interested.

6V666 said:
Ok,  everybody is right in a way. Lets not forget we are in 2012 all  the CF regulations were riten long long time ago way before Human Rights came in play. Today a Private can listen to his IPode, talk on his Cell phone etc while in Uniform and  you can't say anything or you will get in trouble.  RIGHTS. I keep hearing everyday  Discrimination or Singling Out words.  What is more sad that I am in Borden where suposed to be more discipline

Oh wrong wrong wrong... Walk around with iPod earbuds in your head and I, and folks like me will talk you out of it... We might not give you three weeks of pack drill anymore, but we will not just let one walk about flaunting the rules. Rights do not trump rightful regs.

6V666 said:

Hahaha, okay there Champ. Try and say the same thing to your Course WO or RSM.

You do realize that within the Ethos and even in the papers you signed... it states that you agreed to surrender some of your freedoms and rights etc. in order to adhere to uniformity of service... right? You know that right?

I dare you guys. Next thing we will meet again in diferent place with  a Lawyer and CBC present. It is a new World  not 1960!!!!

6V666 said:
I dare you guys. Next thing we will meet again in diferent place with  a Lawyer and CBC present. It is a new World  not 1960!!!!

:facepalm:

Ah, the future messdeck lawyer, do yourself and the CF a favour and get out now, you are just making a fool of yourself.

delete the post please

Okay.. I did say "It sounds like a personal problem."  ;D

6V666 said:

Oh, you're one of THOSE guys, enjoy your career.

6V666 said:
I dare you guys. Next thing we will meet again in different place with  a Lawyer and CBC present. It is a new World  not 1960!!!!

Jr, you had best go sit in a corner and take a time out before you dig that hole any deeper.  And while your there given your life choices a second thought, maybe signing on the dotted line wasn't the best choice you have made, ya just don't seem to be cut out for it....  Try the boy Scouts...

Guys, in fairness he is absolutely right. There was no regulation governing the usage of IPhones in the 1960's.

He's probably on Facebook, counting his "likes" right now, hopefully he will give us some more of his wisdom and experiences soon.

6V666 said:
Today a Private can listen to his IPode, talk on his Cell phone etc while in Uniform and  you can't say anything or you will get in trouble. . 

No they can't and since you don't know what you are talking about please STFU........

And Schools/Units can impose their own rules....

Back