• Thanks for stopping by. Logging in to a registered account will remove all generic ads. Please reach out with any questions or concerns.

Wearing Uniform in Public (merged)

I thought 265 didn't apply to the 'fairer' blue!
I am looking for a 'wind up' emoticon!!
Come on now, you guys (and gals) know we in the Navy love you!!...but your 'old cars' keep leaving big stains in the 'driveway'! We even had to change the colour of the flight decks from green to...'leaky helicopter' grey.

Pat

Bluebulldog said:
The green cloth with black elastic you armour types use to check the dipstick on the G-Wagon.......

If I have to check the dipstick on the G-Wagon, I typically just talk to him. I don't show him my underwear. You have us confused with the Navy guys (sodomy, the lash and all that).

recceguy said:
If I have to check the dipstick on the G-Wagon, I typically just talk to him. I don't show him my underwear. You have us confused with the Navy guys (sodomy, the lash and all that).

:duel:............well played sir...well played.

recceguy said:
:rofl:
Oh, sorry. So funny, I have tears in my eyes...

I do like the fact (and I didn't quote, I just saw it above) the undergarment can be of any colour, so long as it does not show through the cadpat... however, the slightest bit of colour which should happen to appear as a person is.... ermm.... bent over a task, well. That may be an issue

blackberet17 said:
I do like the fact (and I didn't quote, I just saw it above) the undergarment can be of any colour, so long as it does not show through the cadpat... however, the slightest bit of colour which should happen to appear as a person is.... ermm.... bent over a task, well. That may be an issue

Wouldn't we all look like baboons if we had to paint our "Plumber's butt" to comply with regulations?

George Wallace said:
Wouldn't we all look like baboons if we had to paint our "Plumber's butt" to comply with regulations?

Hmm... only if we paint them pink?

blackberet17 said:
however, the slightest bit of colour which should happen to appear as a person is.... ermm.... bent over a task, well.

The 10 TAG (now 1 Wing) Change-of-Command Parade in St-Hubert many years ago featured, aside from the conventional Officers and NCMs formed up neatly in dress uniforms, several Twin Hueys and Kiowas arranged behind them. Crews were standing beside their mounts, dressed in the old tan wool/poly flying suits.

It rained significantly, with two effects on the tan flying suits.

They smelled like wet dog.

They went somewhat semi-transparent and stuck to skin and undergarments.

The fellow in the bright red gotch drew the most comment from Mrs Comd 10 TAG. Orders regarding undergarment colour swiftly followed.

6V666 said:
Ok,  everybody is right in a way. Lets not forget we are in 2012 all  the CF regulations were riten long long time ago way before Human Rights came in play. Today a Private can listen to his IPode, talk on his Cell phone etc while in Uniform and  you can't say anything or you will get in trouble.  RIGHTS. I keep hearing everyday  Discrimination or Singling Out words.  What is more sad that I am in Borden where suposed to be more discipline

Didn't see the rules posted on this so here it is
From the 2011 edition of the Dress Regs

3. Military Presence. Personnel in uniform
shall be well groomed, with footwear cleaned and
shone, and uniform cleaned and properly pressed. In
particular, buttons, fasteners and zippers shall be
kept closed; pockets shall not be bulged; items such
as glasses, glass cases, sun-glasses, pens, pencils,
key rings or paper shall not be visibly extended nor
protrude from pockets or be suspended from waist
belts or pockets; nor shall commercial headsets from
either a radio receiver or tape/CD player or a nonissued cellular phone be worn, except where required
in the performance of a military duty
. CF personnel
wearing civilian clothes on military installations and in
military groups or settings shall dress and comport
themselves at all times as befits members of a
disciplined, cohesive force.

7.  Commercial Headsets 7.  Casques d’écoute
a. Commercial headsets from either a radio
receiver or CD/tape player shall not be worn
by personnel in uniform, except where
required in the performance of a military duty.
Similarly, personnel on duty wearing civilian
clothes shall not wear a commercial headset.

Bzzliteyr said:
Intersting, using the search terms "CF dress regulations" and "cfp 265" I get nowhere near that site (using Bing on DND computer).

What term did you use?

On your DWAN computer, into the address bar, input:

publications

That's it.  No www.  No .mil.ca.  Just publicatons.

I have to say... Who knew that a thread on dress regs, could be so entertaining?

Pat in Halifax said:
Grammar Nazi - It is NCM, NCO is an Americanized term!...but...

NCO is not just an Amercian term.  I have a book circa 1970s somewhere called the NCOs Handbook, CAF issue.  Jnr NCO and Snr NCO are pretty common terms.  Also not properly used in todays CF.

::)

6V666 said:
Ok,  everybody is right in a way. Lets not forget we are in 2012 all  the CF regulations were riten long long time ago way before Human Rights came in play. Today a Private can listen to his IPode, talk on his Cell phone etc while in Uniform and  you can't say anything or you will get in trouble.  RIGHTS. I keep hearing everyday  Discrimination or Singling Out words.  What is more sad that I am in Borden where suposed to be more discipline

Eye In The Sky said:
NCO is not just an Amercian term.  I have a book circa 1970s somewhere called the NCOs Handbook, CAF issue.  Jnr NCO and Snr NCO are pretty common terms.  Also not properly used in todays CF.

::)

NCO is an accepted term in the CF and has been for many many years. NCM is an invented term from the 80s to describe those pers that are not commissioned. Before we went to the term NCM if I remember correctly, it was officers and Other Ranks (OR).

...and if you really consider it, NCM could and perhaps should include OCdt/NCdts, who in fact have not been Commissioned yet.  >:D  They are NCMs.

;D

Back