• Thanks for stopping by. Logging in to a registered account will remove all generic ads. Please reach out with any questions or concerns.

Warning regarding Big Bad John (John Melvin Hill)

HFXCrow

[Deleted comment].  You have provided no links.

[Edit to add after Vern provided link -  It appears he is bold enough to revisit areas of past operations.  That report was from 2002 and he was back in the Ottawa area in 2005-06.]

i knew john melvin hill this summer in calgary alberta he was working as a chef at bass brothers restaurant i meet him while he was residing at the salvation army booth center a homeless shelter in calgary on 7 street south east he stay there from may 2007 to september 2007 i left calgary to come back to ontario on the 8 and he was still living there in a room, john used to be the chef at the restaurant i was working i got hiring by him and he started making pass and big promises at the waitress and girls working there and telling a lot of lied , the last day of his work he told me that he was a royal marine and was a reserved officer in the candian forces in calgary i thought it was wrong since the restaurant were i worked was the main restaurant that the reserved forces in calgary came to since we were about 5 minutes from the reserved armoury he change to become a mexican chef at broken city restaurant the next week and did a show on breakfast telivision in calgary a lot of people in calgary did not believed john and now we got our proof this week end with w five report on john melvin hill my father serve during the 2 ww in the r22r as a cook so i can related to people that dont like liard about military past good luck to this page

dynaglide said:
Hey,
Just saying..  I've seen others torn to shreds on this site for grammatical misgivings that weren't nearly as bad as that.

Moving on

Milnet.ca staff

psperron said:
i knew john melvin hill this summer in calgary alberta he was working as a chef at bass brothers restaurant i meet him while he was residing at the salvation army booth center a homeless shelter in calgary on 7 street south east he stay there from may 2007 to september 2007 i left calgary to come back to ontario on the 8 and he was still living there in a room, john used to be the chef at the restaurant i was working i got hiring by him and he started making pass and big promises at the waitress and girls working there and telling a lot of lied , the last day of his work he told me that he was a royal marine and was a reserved officer in the candian forces in calgary i thought it was wrong since the restaurant were i worked was the main restaurant that the reserved forces in calgary came to since we were about 5 minutes from the reserved armoury he change to become a mexican chef at broken city restaurant the next week and did a show on breakfast telivision in calgary a lot of people in calgary did not believed john and now we got our proof this week end with w five report on john melvin hill my father serve during the 2 ww in the r22r as a cook so i can related to people that dont like liard about military past good luck to this page

For what it is worth:
http://lphs76.ca/forums/viewtopic.php?p=765&sid=5999985017bffd05b6023e47cdedc0f2

This guy just don't want to give up does he ::)

So should we join the forum and out him or just have someone in the Calgary area show up at their M&G and do it in person?  >:D

You should! Nothing should stop you from telling that DA what you really think of him ;)

I wanted to thank all those who put in hours behind the scenes at army.ca to bring this to the forefront. I know it will prevent others from falling for his act.

Thanks
emm

This has got me thinking, who is John Hill? I mean really. I wonder if he even know's anymore. With all the lies he's sculpted over the years, some of which lasted for quite some time it makes me think that maybe he has an inability to be himself, and must piggy back on other personas in order to feel successful. Before we pile on me, I am not excusing his actions, nor am I complacent about them or him. I feel quite disgusted with the whole matter.

I reside in Calgary, AB and met John Hill over the course of last years Calgary Stampede.  He didn't manage to get any money out of me but from the brief encounter I had with him, experienced him to be an extremely dangerous sociopath.  He was working at 'The Whiskey Bar' as a cook and had all sorts of lies about having a private plane to go to France, etc. wanting to marry me and have children with me after knowing me for a day. He turned out to be very emotionally damaging and I would never wish this man on my worst enemy.  He is in Calgary right now and all females here with their heart on their sleeve...HEADS UP, this man is beyond BAD! 

From the W-Five information, along with the facts that he has a long line of criminal activity; He is obviously known to the authorities it sounds like. However; perhaps somewhere his whereabouts are being looked into? perhaps this information should be sent along to the proper authorities?

JBoyd said:
From the W-Five information, along with the facts that he has a long line of criminal activity; He is obviously known to the authorities it sounds like. However; perhaps somewhere his whereabouts are being looked into? perhaps this information should be sent along to the proper authorities?

Why?  One of the sad facts of life is that it is not illegal to be a total a&*hole.

Bruce Monkhouse said:
Why?  One of the sad facts of life is that it is not illegal to be a total a&*hole.

Well yes that is a sad fact, However it just sounded like there may be an open case of fraud involving him somewhere. You never know, perhaps they are looking for him under a pseudonym or alias.

Maybe that case in the Glebe 2002 is still open. See my post and Vern's following link

My husband and I met him a few months back when he was posing at the Broken City as a Mexican Chef.
They got rid of him not long after the Breakfast Show, and I suspect he is gone from the city.

JBoyd said:
Any proof that it is the SAME John Melvin Hill? (hoping it is)

Did you even watch W5?

Did you read the links provided in this thread to the W5 portion?

"Convicted of theft ... from UBC in BC ...  $250 000"

Walks the catwalk like a poser ... must be ....

well... guess there are no redeeming qualities for the man... Putz!

I met John Hill when he was in Calgary. He was working as the chef of Broken City for a few weeks. Broken City terminated him due to "issues" about the time the morning show was on the air, so I doubt he is still in Calgary. I am guessing these issues had to do with him being both a criminal & a con-man, and that information reaching the staff at Broken City. He did not buy into the Broken City in any way shape or form, albeit I hope for the management and owners of the establishment that they did not lose anything due to the purchasing a chef may need to make.

Both my husband and I talked with him many times, and although it never crossed my mind at the time that he was not what he seemed to be, or said he was, I can look back and see warning signs. We were lucky, we didn't have time to get closer - after all he was quite a charming person, and it was easy to like him.

He never mentioned a military past to me, but he did try to impress me with having worked at Microsoft (which I find funny in retrospect, considering that I am a linux programmer and most people who have been or are programmers KNOW Microsoft vs. Linux is a religious issue).  Had he been a programmer, he'd know this.

With my husband he did mention being former British military, but my husband mentioned his dad was RAF and his brother was Canadian Air Force, to which John did not respond. John only became busy, and had to return to the kitchen.

Beyond that, he made conversation too easily, and was overly friendly, and made too much eye contact. Another thing is when the topic got too close, John became busy. Generally, I wrote it off as being new to the city, over-eager about the job, and nervous.

I am glad you guys have this topic, and I hope people learn to Google potential mates, employees and anyone else they meet whom they question in any way - and I hope for those who meet John that they google his name and find this page.

Back