• Thanks for stopping by. Logging in to a registered account will remove all generic ads. Please reach out with any questions or concerns.

Warning for Kingstonians

211RadOp

Reaction score
There are a group of people going around the north end of town breaking into houses. They suspect that there are three of them. Mine has been broken into twice in the last week. There are also at least 4 others that I know of and at least 3 attempted that I know of as well.

They are watching houses and wait until no one is home. They are in and out very quickly. KPF is watching some known individuals and has increased, so they say, the patrols in the area.

211RadOp said:
There are a group of people going around the north end of town breaking into houses. They suspect that there are three of them. Mine has been broken into twice in the last week. There are also at least 4 others that I know of and at least 3 attempted that I know of as well.

They are watching houses and wait until no one is home. They are in and out very quickly. KPF is watching some known individuals and has increased, so they say, the patrols in the area.

Which area of town is that?

potato

I'm sure if you promise free beer a lot of us RMC folks would be glad to organize a vigilante to protect the citizens of this "fine" (yeah, right) city.  ;D

Are you kidding, that would be worse, a bunch of drunken RMC students parading around my house!!  :eek: ;D

211RadOp said:
Are you kidding, that would be worse, a bunch of drunken RMC students parading around my house!!  :eek: ;D

Yeah, I'd take the break-in over that as well. At least those are insured.

Kingston generally frowns upon congregations of any post-secondary students outside of their respective academies.

Shamrock said:
Kingston generally frowns upon congregations of any post-secondary students outside of their respective academies.

Thankfully, CFSCE students don't fall under that category...Although the girls at the bar seem to do enough frowning for the rest of the city.

Shamrock said:

Well they don't seem to mind Queen's riots.. erm...  "homecoming" that much. I mean, there's no head-busting going on (sadly) around there!

Besides, we're not an Academy, we're a College by name, University by character. We actually have, y'know, classes and stuff that are useful in real life, unlike US service academies.  :p

And the girls at the bar frown upon anyone who isn't a hippie, Des, it's not just you CFSCE guys.

Frederik G said:
and stuff that are useful in real life, unlike US service academies.  :p

You mean like "webbing" marches?  ;D

At least it's not just us, then

Scrooge_Des said:
You mean like "webbing" marches?  ;D

At least it's not just us, then

Webbing? Who said anything about us having webbings?

And that falls into the whole "let's turn RMC into West Point Junior" deal some senior officers have been planning, anyway.

Luckily in Westpark, four of my immediate neighbours are cops, and the OPP S.Sgt often brings a cruiser home...not many problems out in our neck of the woods.  ;D

211, consider getting a high capacity Halon thief fire extinguishing system for your home computer...  >:D

G2G

Ok, you fellows have managed to confuse the thread...are we being warned about the break ins still? Being warned about drunken RMC students who are confused about being West Point weenie wannabes? Warned about comm/sig guys on the hunt for women who can't tell long hair from a number one on the side and back? Or are we being warned about being a Kingstonian (because it sounds like being one of those means... well...ask fred...)?

Actually Fred (and yes PMed Moe, I'm refering to your other half) doesn't live in my area.

I put this up as a warning to other Kingstonians who may live in my area. As of today, still no leads from the police.

My house was robbed as well - and I am WAAAAAY north of Kingston - about an hour northwest of Rideau Heights in the country. We have an alarm that scared them off - but not before they got my laptop and digital camera :(

Seems to be that time of year.

muffin

Not gonna lie, I don't think you guys are doing much for Tourism Kingston.

Well Edmonton seems to have the highest murder rate for Canada currently... so that should help Kingston a bit.  ;)

Pea said:
Well Edmonton seems to have the highest murder rate for Canada currently... so that should help Kingston a bit.  ;)

Who the hell wants to go to Edmonton in the first place?

Back