• Thanks for stopping by. Logging in to a registered account will remove all generic ads. Please reach out with any questions or concerns.

Wanted - Vert Grip for C7/C8

I purchased my vert grip and rail from Dave's. I probably should have hunted around Ebay first, because it seems like I missed out on some good deals. I paid around 80$ for the two items, but that's probably because both were name brands (GG&G rail, KAC vert grip). It was a little pricey but the disco from Dave's made it easier to digest. A kindly WO from my unit even gave me a spare handguard he owned so that I wouldn't have to fiddle around with installing the rail every time I drew my rifle. I really like having it and I notice it makes a difference for me when I go shooting (bearing in mind that I don't see much range time as a mo' bum.).

My 0.02

brucekie said:
Marstar.ca sells rails that mount on the hanguard for 15$. They are tapered so they stay parallel with the barrel. Vertical grips can be bought from paintball stores.http://www.marstar.ca/AR-15.htm

I'll second that- for $15 bucks you get two ~6" metal weaver rails (not sure if they meet Picatinny standard, but weaver stuff fits just fine). They mount onto the stock handguards with three nuts, takes only a couple minutes to do with an alan wrench. Some Loctite would be a good addition to keep them tight. Mine mounts a vertical grip and a flashlight just fine- the light is in a couple of 1" Weaver scope rings, I just push the end cap with my knuckle.

For $15 for two metal rails, you can't do much better. Shipping is pretty cheap, and out of Ontario. Ordering from them can be a minor hassle, but they're reliable.

http://www.marstar.ca

Just found out that our C7A2s now got this issue vert grip; gonna test it out over the next two weeks see how that is, if it blows I'll pick one up.  Found a place out here in Manitoba that has 'em  Wolverine Supplies.

I purchased a VFG and mounting rail (both GG&G) from Dave's. Pricey but well worth it, as I noticed a difference immediately. The VFG  created a more stable shooting position, reduced wrist fatigue, limited muzzle climb during bursts of full-auto, and naturally forced me to square my body to the target. IMO they are the cats anus and well worth every penny. As with all kit, you might as well spend a few extra bucks on quality rather than go cheap and have to replace it later.

Cheers,

AJB

I contacted Daves Surplus a few days, they are out of stock on all their rails an vert grips  :(

The same thing almost happened to me when I went in to get my VFG. I bought their last GG&G rail (at the time).

www.sealsactiongear.com
Based out of Calgary have some good rigs as well as rails.

The Cadex grip is JUNK!!!!!

Just trust me it's a waste of your money if you buy and it was waste of CF money to get it for the weapons overseas....

uy your own at $80-110 you can't go wrong just do a wee bit of research as to what you want and how it attachs. Personaly I like the KAC rail and grip

Also another good vertical grip  is made by  TDI-Arms Technology perfect ergonomic fit....

http://www.thecountryshed.com/svgdtan1.jpg

just my 2 cents

jeves_Calgary said:
Also another good vertical grip  is made by  TDI-Arms Technology perfect ergonomic fit....

http://www.thecountryshed.com/svgdtan1.jpg

just my 2 cents

I ordered my grip from TDI arms.

Thirty dollars for the grip, ten for shipping and handling, and then when it showed up those bastards at UPS charged me a $40 'customs brokerage' fee on a $30 item.

I will never order from TDI Arms again.

Brihard said:
I ordered my grip from TDI arms.

Thirty dollars for the grip, ten for shipping and handling, and then when it showed up those bastards at UPS charged me a $40 'customs brokerage' fee on a $30 item.

I will never order from TDI Arms again.

reason to always ask for USPS, as Canada Customs isn't going to charge that much on a $30 item.

Yup, I assure that any purchases I do from the US are done with USPS and not UPS... I had a guy on Lightfighter send me stuff through the latter.. it cost me a fortune and I was livid.  One simple letter difference costs so much!!

Bzzliteyr said:
Yup, I assure that any purchases I do from the US are done with USPS and not UPS... I had a guy on Lightfighter send me stuff through the latter.. it cost me a fortune and I was livid.  One simple letter difference costs so much!!

Ah! I remember reading that. That was a raw deal for you mate. Raw deal.

Worst thing was, I had specified it.. then the guy raised a stink when I added his name to the "blacklist" of buyers on the forum!!  He shafted me and others needed to know.  Meh.

Guys never buy fron CAA, TDI, Mako,TAPCO,or UTG they are knock off crap that do not belong on a real firearm. There is a reason why Magpul,LaRue,Tango Down,Knight's Armament and VLTOR cost so much is that the standards of quality control and materials are greater than the rest...pay more buy once.

I was wondering about the quality of those items after looking around the rest of that site and seeing "no-name" optics and such.

Is there a convenient, recommended, one-stop-shopping place in Canada for these things, or a US one that ships to an APO?

Loach,

www.dstactical.com

If it's not on there send em an e-mail or phone them they can get you many things.

Cheers!

Back