• Thanks for stopping by. Logging in to a registered account will remove all generic ads. Please reach out with any questions or concerns.

Wanted- Peltor ComTac Ear Defenders

dangerboy

Army.ca Veteran
Subscriber
Mentor
Reaction score
Was wondering if anybody knew of any Canadian Online stores that sell Peltor ComTac ear defenders.  My google skills are not up to par today.  Thanks.

Yeah - how much do these go for??  I have a set that I don't need anymore and may be willing to part.  ;D

Bin

I'd recommend the Peltor Com Tac II with the applicable radio cables, if your going to be carrying a radio, its a pretty decent set up. Another company that has a different version of this is TCI, Tactical Command Industries, the Liberator and Liberator II.

Just some options.

https://www.vikingpolice.com/product_info.php?products_id=4206&osCsid=kmsayffgfyflgg
something similar ....maybe

Ahhhh Jeeze - 600 bucks!  That's a pretty expensive goody.

Mine are the non-radio style.  Mint for the ranges.  No more straining to hear the words of command with those damned ear plugs.  Should be standard use for training I think - it they weren't quite so clumsy to wear.

Bin

These are what I use in my wood shop:

http://www.leevalley.com/wood/page.aspx?c=1&p=49918&cat=1,42207,42227

They have a mini-jack which I can plug anything I want into - I imagine that a radio output could be plugged in there.  And it is nice to be able to carry on a normal conversation while filtering out the dangerous noises (this particular headset is good at that function - but not perfect).

I'm not sure that these would filter out percussive sounds - my environment involves loud, steady noises - although when using an airgun or percussion assisted fasteners (.22 Ramset) they are adequate (as far as I can unscientifically tell).

The colour, of course, would need to be modified.

These aren't terribly expensive - it may be worth spending $35.00 - even to find out that they're not what you're looking for.

Back