• Thanks for stopping by. Logging in to a registered account will remove all generic ads. Please reach out with any questions or concerns.

Wanted: Hip Belt for ALICE or Downeast 1606

Ayrsayle

Inactive
Mentor
Reaction score
Started looking to upgrade the ruck a bit after hiking the West Coast Trail in BC and found my current hip belt didn't stop the ALICE frame from digging into the kidneys/hips:

If someone had a spare they are willing to part with (not the small issued belt that comes with the ALICE packs), or could recommend a website that offers a few options for the listed frames, I'd be very thankful. 

I'm aware of cpgear.com 's version, but it looks quite large and/or bulky.  Looking for other options.

Thanks!

I have a MOLLE 1606 (AC), $20 plus the shipping, it is foliage green.

Your belt options are numerous.  The MOLLE II Gen IV (Latest type) is better than CPGear and not as bulky.  I have on in ACU Camo, brand new, you can have it for $10 with the frame above, plus the shipping. 

You could try Fireforce USA, they make ALICE Large packs in modern camo types with an enhanced shoulder strap and a better ALICE type belt.  HSGI and Tactical Tailor do something as well, You can also get Aussie Army ALICE gear of Ebay, their latest belt looks good. 

In Canada, Dropzone Tactical makes a wide belt with limited padding for the ALICE frame, expensive.  Finally there is Warrior Gear who makes a belt designed for the ``P64`` frame but of course works on the ALICE.

Are you using the ALICE Large Pack (AKA the Big Green Tick) on your trips?  IF so, there is some soldier fixes taught to me by my wife`s Yank relations to balance the load closer to the body.

You can also use a Condor Molle Battle Belt with a P82 Waist Belt on an ALICE to make a wide thin padded waist belt.  I have done it and it works but you have to keep the belt tight at all times. 

Much appreciated - I'd be happy to take the frame and hip belt off your hands (sent you details via PM).

Knew options existed, but my sweep of military retailers was coming up empty.  Thanks again!

Back