• Thanks for stopping by. Logging in to a registered account will remove all generic ads. Please reach out with any questions or concerns.

Wanted: Engineers

KingofKeys

Inactive
Reaction score
I am a little confused. Here is why:

At the homepage of forces.ca, it shows 4 ads in large poster format, and one of the ads states "Wanted: Engineers", and when I click on it, it takes me the Engineer Officer information page (http://www.forces.ca/en/job/engineerofficer-21).

However, the Browse Jobs section does NOT have Engineer Officer listed as "in demand".

Why is this?

edited to include "NOT". Makes a world of difference!

I'm not sure what you are asking here...

You saw a poster saying Engineers are wanted on the recruiting website,  you click on it and it takes you to the Engineer Officer info page,  and it is listed as a in demand trade on the browse jobs section.  Too me.. that makes sense..  what has you confused?

As to why it says this,  I would assume it means there is openings for Engineer Officer in the Canadian Forces.  As too why you see what you see on that website,  why not email the website?  You know the source.

Opps :)

I just edited my original post - included the word "NOT". Makes a world of difference, eh?

There is a green check next to "Engineer Officer" (i.e. it is "in demand"). Perhaps you meant "Accepting applications"?
I have it listed as my first choice, and as of last week I was informed that the CFRC were still accepting DEO applicants.

KanD said:
There is a green check next to "Engineer Officer" (i.e. it is "in demand"). Perhaps you meant "Accepting applications"?
I have it listed as my first choice, and as of last week I was informed that the CFRC were still accepting DEO applicants.

Green check = accepting application
Red star = in demand

I guess the website is just not updated very frequently. We'll just have to wait and see.

take what the website says in regard to open closed trades with a grain of salt, the marine eng. trade is listed as in demand, but its closed till Nov. as from what I was told

Yea i think Eng O is in demand, there were even spots for DEO from last year (which I applied and didnt get it). High demand for that trade. 

therickiness said:
Yea i think Eng O is in demand, there were even spots for DEO from last year (which I applied and didnt get it). High demand for that trade.

Why were you not accepted into Eng O?
Have you applied to anything else since?

I applied as an Eng O (only trade) for ROTP this year and didn't receive any offer as of yet despite being told that I had a competitive file. I heard in some rare cases people receive calls this late in the game. Here's hoping to miracles!

Back