• Thanks for stopping by. Logging in to a registered account will remove all generic ads. Please reach out with any questions or concerns.

Wanted: Empty cartridge/casing ammo used by NATO/CF forces

Status
Not open for further replies.

tech2002

Inactive
Reaction score
I would like to find out if one of member of CF can obtain for me empty/discharged cartridges/casing of ammo that are currently used by CF, I am looking for set of 2 of each sizes, starting from 5.56mm , 7.62, 9mm, other sizes if possible , they don't have to perfect condition, as far of color, or paint, as long they have the shape. one is to be cut in half and will retain it's shape and they will be sinked in clear silicone.. this if for a presentation I am preparing for

I will pay for cost of shipping/packaging (paypal,MO,cash)
If you can help me , please sent me email, with the info..
Thank you. . :salute:

I have obtain permission from site owner to ask for it

It is illegal for a CF member to possess 'range produce' obtained from CF range or CF property. However, they can be legally obtained at gun shows, which are common coast to coast.

CF spent brass is soild for scrap, and not reloaded. Once sold it becomes private property. The brass ends up in lots of places, some buy it for relaoding, and some ends up at the smelter, it just depends on the circumstsances.

CF SAA is identifed on the base of the cartridge as IVI, or DA in older cases. The year of manufacture such as 04 is also present, with the NATO acceptance mark of a circle with a cross in the centre.

Various natures of expended SAA of all shapes and sizes can be found.

EDIT: US marked spent brass such as 5.56 x 45mm, 9 x 19mm, 7.62 x51mm, and 12.7 x99mm  may be easier to source at a gun show, and these are identical, shy of markings to the type encountered in the CF. US markings include DEN, LC, FA and WCC just to name a few.

Roger that..

When there is one coming up in GTA area that is open to public  ?,
I looked on net and found that there is quite a bit in Alberta, but in Ontario nearest coming shows is in September,
I was hoping to get by end of April, is there a another legal way get it beside gun shows ?

I dont know about TO, but they are more common in the cold months, not so much in the summer.

Good luck.

RetiredRoyal said:
i have no live rounds or empty casings in my possession....SIR!

thanks for reply, please lock this thread, I have obtained the casings , little research and contact let me obtain the casings, the primer was removed and the casing was drill through this how legally can be obtained.. not a problem..

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back