• Thanks for stopping by. Logging in to a registered account will remove all generic ads. Please reach out with any questions or concerns.

DEFENCE BULLYING REPORT - Air Force Worst of the Three Services

No worries, niner, there is a nice GC 1/2 way to Belleville.  Besides, no one likes to hear Herc engines in the middle of thier backswing. 
:D

BYT Driver said:
No worries, niner, there is a nice GC 1/2 way to Belleville.  Besides, no one likes to hear Herc engines in the middle of thier backswing. 
:D

Oh gawd,

she'll get used to that. Those two Belleville courses are on the Trenton approach path after all...  ;)

Shocking... (and a laugh at the expense of our boys and girls in blue)

Subject: Bullying in the Canadian Armed Forces

DEFENCE BULLYING REPORT - Air Force Worst of the Three Services

A recent report by the Auditor General has found that allegations of "a culture of widespread bullying and brutality" within the Canadian Forces are, in the most part, unfounded. The audit team, which traveled to every Defence establishment across Canada and abroad and interviewed staff from all three services, found surprisingly few cases of unfair treatment and bullying within the Army and Navy.

When it came to the Air Force, however, the report told a different story. Complaints to the OAG came from a total of 3,555 Air Force members, compared with three from Navy and just one from Army.

While this statistic is alarming in its own right, it becomes horrific when one considers that each complaint represents a sad story of abuse, mistreatment and neglect. As one senior Air Force officer put it, "Each story is, in itself, a sad indictment on the Canadian Forces. When taken as a whole, however, they demonstrate a reprehensible lack of regard for personnel on the part of managers at all levels."

One young pilot told of having to spend two nights in tented accommodation, despite the fact that there was an empty five-star hotel just 1 kilometer away.

Another said that he had been forced to endure a grueling fitness test every year since he joined in 1997.

One airwoman alleged that she had been overlooked for promotion on numerous occasions, simply because she was fat, lazy and stupid.

An aircraftman stated he had been refused permission to wear civilian attire to work, despite the fact that his uniform clashed with his eye colour.

Another had been forced to wear uncomfortable safety boots for periods of up to eight hours straight.

A clerk could not understand why she had been sent to work in a Joint military headquarters, "I have been forced to work for horrid Army people who just don't understand what the military is all about.  I feel the Air Force has victimized me by forcing me to do this...I will be seeking compensation..."

Shockingly, Air Force senior ranks are also subject to mistreatment.  One SNCO stated, "I was deeply upset when I was addressed as 'Sergeant' by an officer.  He knew my name was Robert.  It was just horrible - I have never been more humiliated in my life."  In response a senior officer stated, "the officer in question has been moved on...".

A number of personnel complained of having to attend courses that were not relevant to their jobs, such as rigorous ground combat courses and drawn-out lectures on occupational health and safety. To add insult to injury, a young corporal was even ordered to pack up chairs in the classroom after one such course.

The huge backlash against treatment of Air Force personnel should provide senior officers with a vital clue with regard to the massive retention problems experienced by the CF in recent times.  Over the past two years, National Defence has spent millions looking into the issue.

Not all of the Air Force's hierarchy, however, were upset by the revelations. Said the outgoing Chief of the Air Staff, "I'm delighted with the result. I am very happy that our retention problems are due, in the most part at least, to something as harmless as bullying. I thought everyone was leaving because of me."

oops... already posted by George Wallace! Note to self "ready, aim, then fire"

Nothing worse then trying to line one up and the Illusion flies overhead with a rumble...it's NOW a good idea to duck when one of those fly over..one took out the fence the other day...oooppss :D
I can't believe the idiocy I have to put up with at work these days.  Here we are about to deploy and our highers expect us to show up for work in the morning.  Makes me almost embarrassed to [pick up] my paycheck on payday.  And, on top of that, we HAVE to wear a uniform.  I mean, come on people!!!!  Why can't I show up for work in my  Bermuda shorts and flowery shirt with a dacary in my hands.

8)

What a bunch of babbling Air Farce bulsshit, they don't get mollycoddled enough !

What's next breakfast in bed for the Airman Recruit ?

Give me a bloody break.

Cheerz
Paul

Dodger1967 said:
What a bunch of babbling Air Farce bulsshit, they don't get mollycoddled enough !

Give me a bloody break.

Cheerz
Paul

What part of IT'S A JOKE did you miss?

Well, losing the back 9 (or front 9) wasn't a joke...;) Stay tuned for great big hangers instead of a par 3.  :D

Dodger1967 said:

Give me a bloody break.

Cheerz
Paul

Guess you are still re-living 1967

::)

::)  :-X :-X :-X :-X :-X :-X :-X plus add just one of these  :bullet:

Maybe it is too early in the morning, but what is that reply supposed to signify?  Take it easy, enjoy the humour and sarcasm, it is in Radio Chatter for a reason.

Have a good one.

Juvat said:
Maybe it is too early in the morning, but what is that reply supposed to signify?  Take it easy, enjoy the humour and sarcasm, it is in Radio Chatter for a reason.

Have a good one.

Relax man, I had my tongue jammed in my cheeck when I made the 2nd reply.

Cheerz

Papa Alpha Uniform Lima

niner domestic:
great big hangers instead of a par 3

Well, if the hangar is big enough...they are for CC-177s, no?

Mark
Ottawa

Mark:

Absolutely!

I have about a year left to do as many rounds of golf as I can. 

ETA: If giving up the course means that the CF finally gets its CC-177s and has a place to keep them at the ready, I'll be the first one in there pulling up the turf to make room for the hangers. 

A recent report by the Auditor General has found that allegations of "a culture of widespread bullying and brutality" within the Canadian Forces are, in the most part, unfounded. The audit team, which traveled to every Defence establishment across Canada and abroad and interviewed staff from all three services, found surprisingly few cases of unfair treatment and bullying within the Army and Navy. 

When it came to the Air Force, however, the report told a different story. Complaints to the OAG came from a total of 3,555 Air Force members, compared with three from Navy and just one from Army. 

While this statistic is alarming in its own right, it becomes horrific when one considers that each complaint represents a sad story of abuse, mistreatment and neglect. As one senior Air Force officer put it, "Each story is, in itself, a sad indictment on the Canadian Forces. When taken as a whole, however, they demonstrate a reprehensible lack of regard for personnel on the part of managers at all levels." 

One young Herc pilot told of having to spend two nights in tented accommodation, despite the fact that there was an empty five-star hotel just 1 kilometer away. 

Another said that he had been forced to endure a grueling fitness test every year since he joined in 1997. 

One airwoman alleged that she had been overlooked for promotion on numerous occasions, simply because she was lazy and stupid. 

An aircraftman stated he had been refused permission to wear civilian attire to work, despite the fact that his uniform clashed with his eye colour. 

Another had been forced to wear uncomfortable safety boots for periods of up to eight hours straight. 

A clerk could not understand why she had been sent to work in a Joint military headquarters, "I have been forced to work for horrid Army people who just don't understand what the military is all about. I feel the Air Force has victimized me by forcing me to do this...I will be seeking compensation..." 

Shockingly, Air Force senior ranks are also subject to mistreatment. One SNCO stated, "I was deeply upset when I was addressed as 'Sergeant' by an officer. He knew my name was Robert. It was just horrible - I have never been more humiliated in my life." In response a senior officer stated, "the officer in question has been moved on...". 

A number of personnel complained of having to attend courses that were not relevant to their jobs, such as rigorous ground combat courses and drawn-out lectures on occupational health and safety. To add insult to injury, a young corporal was even ordered to pack up chairs in the classroom after one such course. 

The huge backlash against treatment of Air Force personnel should provide senior officers with a vital clue with regard to the massive retention problems experienced by the CF in recent times. Over the past two years, National Defence has spent millions looking into the issue.

Not all of the Air Force's hierarchy, however, were upset by the revelations. Said the outgoing Chief of the Air Staff, "I'm delighted with the result. I am very happy that our retention problems are due, in the most part at least, to something as harmless as bullying. I thought everyone was leaving because of me."

SupersonicMax said:
Isn't it the third time we see it around here??
;)
Max

Red 6 said:
This is a joke right?

Well, it isn't in "Radio Chatter" and it has been posted three times..... 

Thoughts?? 

well I am tired and haven't seen it posted before.  I take it as sarcasm but was hoping to dupe a few people before it was locked, moved, or deleted.

Maybe it's funny BECAUSE it's true....

Back