• Thanks for stopping by. Logging in to a registered account will remove all generic ads. Please reach out with any questions or concerns.

Wanted: 1000 x new rucksacks for (at least some of) CF

quadrapiper said:
Why aren't the tiny portion of the RCMP that need something camo issued CADPAT? Seems like it'd be cheaper. LCF?

I met a RCMP tac guy once who told me that they have not taken CADPAT because they do not want to be mistaken for the military.  Multicam and being mistaken for US military but heaven forbid they be mistaken for Canadian military.  Kinda funny given that they were sore thumbs in the spruce forests of Rexton during those protests.

Lightguns said:
I met a RCMP tac guy once who told me that they have not taken CADPAT because they do not want to be mistaken for the military. 

Yea the free coffee's, pats on the back and thank you's would really throw off their game  ;D

ObedientiaZelum said:
Yea the free coffee's, pats on the back and thank you's would really throw off their game  ;D

You funny, GI!  I like you!

Edit.  I never liked the free coffees, I always paid for them to their tips.  I make too much to take a coffee free from someone who makes so little.

At this point I feel like making the RCMP wear red serge and riding boots year round, I think some pillbox hats will be nice to.

Bzzliteyr said:
Because CADPAT belongs to the military.. not the RCMP.
::) So? We're not Americans; there's no sharp foundation-level separation between police and military - and expect the RCMP's camo requirement is pretty close to a rounding error on the CADPAT contract.
Lightguns said:
I met a RCMP tac guy once who told me that they have not taken CADPAT because they do not want to be mistaken for the military.  Multicam and being mistaken for US military but heaven forbid they be mistaken for Canadian military.  Kinda funny given that they were sore thumbs in the spruce forests of Rexton during those protests.
US military, PMCs, or airsofters. At that stage in the game, who cares what the police look like.

Seems by the time the police need camo, we're in the sort of military-ish situation that led to the NWMP being equipped and organized like a cavalry force, rather than Peelers on horseback.
Colin P said:
At this point I feel like making the RCMP wear red serge and riding boots year round, I think some pillbox hats will be nice to.
Really getting into the whole retro thing? Seems to be "in" right now!

Colin P said:
I believe that RMC and Emirates Airlines have cornered the global supply of pillbox hats. If the RCMP want some, they'll need a contact through PWGSC with the usual appropriate regional benefits.  ;D

ArmyDoc said:
I believe that RMC, Porter Airlines and Emirates Airlines have cornered the global supply of pillbox hats ....
FTFY

Well, I can understand why you don't want purchases discussed in the original Merx thread; this one is ready for Radio Chatter....

this is semi related and was posted on Canadian Defense Review

Canadian FELLFAB Partners on Load Carriage Systems

FELLFAB President Eric Taylor and Granite Gear, LLC CEO Bryan Kinsley jointly announced that a strategic alliance has been set in place between the two companies. Granite Gear, LLC of Two Harbors, Minnesota, has granted FELLFAB, based out of Hamilton, Ontario, the sole licence to make, manufacture and sell their Load Carriage Systems in Canada.

These products will be jointly designed and developed by both companies for Canadian Military applications and the tactical class of trade in Canada by means of sharing technologies. Within the agreement, FELLFAB® has been appointed the exclusive representative and dealer for Granite Gear, LLC in Canada.

By combining FELLFAB®’s manufacturing scale, engineering excellence and project management expertise with Granite Gear’s award winning, cutting-edge excellence in design and construction of backpacks and tactical equipment, the parties believe that they can offer the customer a high quality, Canadian made product to meet their evolving equipment needs, on a scale not previously possible.

Granite Gear.  Mid priced, not a big tactical player but not Xui Pao's Airsoft Sewing Cooperative.

quadrapiper said:
.. Really getting into the whole retro thing? Seems to be "in" right now!

I was thinking more as a punishment for some of the organizational asshattery going on within the org. Red serge on summer duty every day and pillbox hat in the winter should do it.

Well, now we know where we're going to get all of our load carriage gear from. FELLFAB making Granite Gear products.

Back