• Thanks for stopping by. Logging in to a registered account will remove all generic ads. Please reach out with any questions or concerns.

Walts, posers & wannabes (merged)

Crantor said:
The OP is from 33 Sigs.  He was out partying on sat night.

The only real concern and question is why he wasn't on Ex Wolf Force in Petawawa?!?!  :mad:

;D

Let me think about that Saturday night  do I a) crawl around in the mud and cold in Pet? or b) party down pub crawling in the Market?
Hmmm guess the OP ain't as dim as some of you seem to imply.  8)

Danjanou said:
Let me think about that Saturday night  do I a) crawl around in the mud and cold in Pet? or b) party down pub crawling in the Market?
Mil points inbound for that one.

Danjanou said:

I wonder if he sent a memo into his chain of command.

Danjanou said:

Strangely Range Control didn't turn up their storm generators the whole weekend.

ObedientiaZelum said:

And that, in the Class A world, accomplishes what?  If he decided to crawl the Market "without his c of c approval" there's really nothing that can be done to him, aside from a disapproving stare, a finger wag and a note to file to remember this at summer tasking season.  So, when summer tasking season rolls around and he is last man standing around the Armoury when the inevitable "no fail" task comes in, he gets sent anyways and all is forgotten but the unit looks good.

Colin P said:
I can't imagine as a private having the tenacity to question anyone of potential higher rank about their dress and deportment. The possibility to have my curiosity sated by extra duties or running around the parade square with a drill round over my head was far to high. 

Colin P, I'm less concerned about the Pte's desire to challenge dress and deportment which, notwithstanding what the A-DH-265 (new CFP265) says about rank-specifics of dress discipline enforcement, is not necessarily a bad thing.  If he knows what the regs are and fashions a way to challenge the faults in dress that he sees, good on him.

What I am concerned about is that the Pte deliberately chose to lie to the Sgt regarding being in the Forces to "see what would happen."

So, what happened? 

Well, it appears that the Sgt must have thought that he was now dealing with (in his eyes, because of what he assumed was someone telling him the truth, i.e. NOT in Forces) some civy asking all sorts of probing questions...and I'm not so sure I would pass much information, if any.

officious said:
...What should I do in the future if confronted by blatant fakes?

Not lie about not being in the CAF, for starters...then you might garner some respect, if at least some civility. 

I have a feeling that if we had a video of what actually transpired -- some ground truth if you will -- that the OP would be a little less indignant about the conduct of the 'blatant fakes.'

The irony is, some could accuse the OP of being a civy poser!  :nod:

Food for thought...

Regards
G2G

Haggis said:
And that, in the Class A world, accomplishes what?  If he decided to crawl the Market "without his c of c approval" there's really nothing that can be done to him, aside from a disapproving stare, a finger wag and a note to file to remember this at summer tasking season.  So, when summer tasking season rolls around and he is last man standing around the Armoury when the inevitable "no fail" task comes in, he gets sent anyways and all is forgotten but the unit looks good.

I would suggest that it prompts young privates and corporals to embellish or outright lie to their chain of command about why they are not attending exercise when said members chain of command orders them to submit a memo as to why they are not attending a voluntary weekend ex as a class A reservist.

ObedientiaZelum said:

What for , asking them to be his wingman in case he gets lucky in some cougar bar? ;D

Danjanou said:
What for , asking them to be his wingman in case he gets lucky in some cougar bar? ;D

One man's cougar is another man's kitten.

Danjanou said:

Why would he need a wingman? He had his dogtags on in a bar, he could have had the pick of the lot!!!

Towards_the_gap said:
Why would he need a wingman? He had his dogtags on in a bar, he could have had the pick of the lot!!!

:rofl:

Sadly I can think of some bars that would actually work in.

Danjanou said:
:rofl:

Sadly I can think of some bars that would actually work in.
Wasn't there one just out side the base gate, on the left?

Danjanou said:
In every base in NATO

With the unfortunate exception of CFB Esquimalt due to the Tudor House burning down.

Now, sailors must walk several blocks further to regale "young" lasses (and lads) of the dangers of the salt and swell. The one upside is the Carlton Club is apparently home to the Kraken, no longer does one have to take to the open water to find this hideous beast.

JesseWZ said:
With the unfortunate exception of CFB Esquimalt due to the Tudor House burning down.

Now, sailors must walk several blocks further to regale "young" lasses (and lads) of the dangers of the salt and swell. The one upside is the Carlton Club is apparently home to the Kraken, no longer does one have to take to the open water to find this hideous beast.

The other upside is that sailors do not run the risk of falling afoul of 3 PPCLI in the Cartoon Club, either :)

Wow Jacky Tar, that's old school with the Work Point reference. :nod:

Jacky Tar said:
The other upside is that sailors do not run the risk of falling afoul of 3 PPCLI in the Cartoon Club, either :)
Hey! I resemble that comment... ;-)

JesseWZ said:

I hold it as a point of pride that I have never set foot in the Carlie and have only been to the Tudor once.  Maybe twice.  :D

Back