• Thanks for stopping by. Logging in to a registered account will remove all generic ads. Please reach out with any questions or concerns.

Walts, posers & wannabes (merged)

I'm not sure what is more pathetic, that some guy is selling those crappy things for $24, or the fact that some schmuck would actually pay for it....

whiskey601 said:
a fighter pilot one would be awesome, but as the Axe commercial says, nothing beats an Astronaut. So that one, I would buy...

Would this one do?

Jim Seggie said:
Take a look at this.

http://www.ebay.com/itm/Canadian-or-British-paratrooper-or-SAS-training-/291317032813?pt=LH_DefaultDomain_0&hash=item43d3d9276d

Now the posers could have documentation that may fool the ordinary citizen. Having said this, the only true documentation is a Course Report.
How long before they are up for sale?
Off topic.
Someone has a strange sense of humour.  On this fake certificate it names CWO Jardine as the course officer and LCol Morneault as the CO of the jump school.  For those of us who remember CWO Jardine was the RSM of the CAR during the Somalia deployment and LCol Morneault was the CO of the CAR before he was relieved of command just before the deployment to Somalia.

Nice find! They have certificates available for various countries. damn. It's pretty sad that walts would go that far to back their sham.

Can I get a certificate for Underwater Ninja Sniper Knife-Fighting Commando?

Jim Seggie said:
Take a look at this.

http://www.ebay.com/itm/Canadian-or-British-paratrooper-or-SAS-training-/291317032813?pt=LH_DefaultDomain_0&hash=item43d3d9276d

This is a very sad situation.  :nod:

Anything for a buck !

57Chevy said:
This is a very sad situation.  :nod:

Anything for a buck !

I think it's a great idea... as long as those who get one have to pay mess bills to the regiment of their choice.

Though not a faux soldier, still worthy of mention ....
NBC Nightly News anchor Brian Williams admitted Wednesday he was not aboard a helicopter hit and forced down by RPG fire during the invasion of Iraq in 2003, a false claim that has been repeated by the network for years.

Williams repeated the claim Friday during NBC’s coverage of a public tribute at a New York Rangers hockey game for a retired soldier that had provided ground security for the grounded helicopters, a game to which Williams accompanied him. In an interview with Stars and Stripes, he said he had misremembered the events and was sorry.

The admission came after crew members on the 159th Aviation Regiment’s Chinook that was hit by two rockets and small arms fire told Stars and Stripes that the NBC anchor was nowhere near that aircraft or two other Chinooks flying in the formation that took fire. Williams arrived in the area about an hour later on another helicopter after the other three had made an emergency landing, the crew members said.

“I would not have chosen to make this mistake,” Williams said. “I don’t know what screwed up in my mind that caused me to conflate one aircraft with another.” ....

Can I get a certificate for Underwater Ninja Sniper Knife-Fighting Commando?

How much did that course cost!? Also, is Splinter as rat like as he appears on TV?

According to this story from the NBC News site Brian Williams is taking a leave of absence "for next several days." Reproduced under the Fair Dealing provisions of the Copyright Act.

Brian Williams to Take a Break From Nightly News for 'Next Several Days'

NBC Nightly News anchor and managing editor Brian Williams on Saturday said that he will take a break from anchoring the broadcast for "the next several days." His announcement comes after he clarified this week that he incorrectly remembered details in a 2003 reporting mission to Iraq.

"Upon my return, I will continue my career-long effort to be worthy of the trust of those who place their trust in us," Williams said in a note to NBC News staff.

In a piece that aired on Nightly News last week, Williams told the story of how a military helicopter he was traveling in during an assignment in Iraq took on enemy fire. But on Wednesday, Williams told viewers he had made a mistake in recalling the incident. He and his team were actually in an aircraft that was following the helicopter that was hit, he said.

NBC News president Deborah Turness announced Friday that there will be an internal review of the reporting that followed the events in Iraq. Williams said Saturday that it is "painfully apparent to me that I am presently too much a part of the news." Weekend Nightly News anchor Lester Holt will fill in for him during his absence.

Coming up with a stupid explanation that no one will believe makes the original mistake look even worse.

CTVNews.ca Staff
Published Friday, February 13, 2015 9:08PM EST
Last Updated Friday, February 13, 2015 9:29PM EST
A 66-year-old man in Hamilton, Ont., was arrested Friday for wearing Canadian military uniforms and allegedly impersonating a peace office at various ceremonies.
Hamilton police say that the investigation began in December 2014, when a suspicious man was seen attending oath ceremonies held by Citizenship and Immigration Canada.
A search warrant conducted on Friday led to the seizure of military uniforms and medals of service from conflicts such as the Vietnam War and the war in Afghanistan.
The 66-year-old is facing four charges of unlawful use of military uniforms and two charges of personating a peace officer.
None of the allegations against him have been proven in court.

Read more: http://www.ctvnews.ca/canada/66-year-old-arrested-for-impersonating-military-personnel-at-ceremonies-1.2236134#ixzz3RgOiPZ90

Remember this guy?
JS2218 said:
http://www.thespec.com/news-story/5149940-mohawk-college-keynote-speaker-s-war-medals-under-scrutiny/
B821864768Z.1_20150213224425_000_GUN1E2PMF.3_Gallery.jpg
Busted! ....
A 66-year-old Hamilton, Ont. man is facing charges he unlawfully used military uniforms and medals when attending oath ceremonies held by Citizenship and Immigration Canada.

Hamilton Police investigators began looking into the case in December. Donald Lemmond is accused of wearing military uniforms with "various medals of questionable service."

Investigators carried out a search warrant on Friday, seizing military uniforms and medals of service "from conflicts ranging from Vietnam War to Afghanistan campaign."

Last fall, Lemmond attended local citizenship ceremonies, including one at Mohawk College, under the guise of being a decorated Canadian and U.S. combat veteran. The school then invited him to speak during its Remembrance Day ceremony, which included video commemorating Cpl. Nathan Cirillo, who was killed in an attack at the National War Memorial in Ottawa on Oct. 22, 2014.

Lemmond wore a uniform decorated with war medals and spoke of saving lives. But a member of the audience noticed that his medals were worn improperly and that his story didn’t add up, Mohawk College spokesman Jay Robb said in December.

Lemmond was released Friday under conditions he appear in court to answer to the charges, which include two charges each of unlawful use of military uniforms for both the uniform and wearing a "distinctive mark," and two charges of impersonating a peace officer using a badge, uniform or equipment.

Lemmond told CBC Hamilton in December that he served 30 years in the reserves, which he maintained makes him a veteran, and that he has classified documents to prove it ....

Lemmond's name does not appear on the list of recipients of the Silver Star, the Bronze Star, the Purple Heart or the Prisoner of War Medal data bases. He has claimed to be a combat medic with 101st AB in RVN, subsequently attended medical school at McMaster, and upon graduation was employed as a "full captain" ambulance driver!

His claims of long service in the Canadian Armed Forces are not substantiated by his confusing, often changing, exclusively American medallic display. The medal he purports to be the Congressional Medal of Valour, is clearly meant to deceive, as it is, in fact, the Joint Service Commendation Medal suspended on a ribbon normally used on child's athletic award. He has appeared at citizenship ceremonies wearing ridiculous, self styled uniforms, where he regales attendees including members of the judiciary and new Canadians, that he's a much decorated military officer. Not surprisingly, US authorities have said, "Who?"

This ain't Lemmond's (AKA Tyrell) first time at the rodeo, he was busted for doing the same thing several years ago

Why the sarcasm, ModlrMike?

Did you not notice that your letter from Ottawa confirming that you are honourably discharged, your service being completed, and can now call yourself "retired" is a classified letter that is Top Secret?  :)

Back