• Thanks for stopping by. Logging in to a registered account will remove all generic ads. Please reach out with any questions or concerns.

waiting for BMQ (reserves)

Anyone doing their BMQ October 17th at JFA? I hope to get on that course, I am in the process of getting in contact with ops to confirm. Any Rileys/ Future Rileys out there?

I didn't get a call, I was supposed to be on the course starting this weekend.  I'm jostled. Maybe tomorrow afternoon I'll get a call, gee whiz.  Well, good luck to you all who are on the course, have fun.

he said the 31 CER in Waterloo a couple post up. By the way, I think I got sworn in with you on the 8th, I sent you a message but I don't know if you got it

I'm freaking out!

I was sworn in on Oct 8th at Moss Park. I was told I would be on either the Oct 17th BMQ or on one some time in November. The Recruiter said he would call us(all the guys who got sworn in that day) the next day to let us know. I did not get a call. I have been calling every day since Monday several times throughout each day and have left messages. I still have not got in contact with him! I even called extra on their parade night.

4 weeks prior to the swear-in ceremony at the PT & Interview he told me I would be on the Oct 17th BMQ, which is today! which is why I'm freaking out!
Do I assume I am not on the Oct 17th BMQ because I was not called?  Is anyone in the same situation as me or has been through this?
I'm panicking and I'm completely confused.

What happens if I am on the Oct17th BMQ but, obviously, did not know?

How are things going for sam- and Gunner_Askett? Did you guys hear back from your recruiter?

Pastry, I think I was sworn in with you (check pm). I was also told I'd be on the Oct. 17th BMQ and kinda worried now because all of us were told we'd get called on the Friday of the same week and none of us have. Been calling in all this week and haven't gotten a hold of him, tried asking people with BOR and they told me to speak to the recruiter.

Six of us from our unit who were all sworn in this past summer had been told that we were going to have our bmq oct 17th. However, we got a call saying we weren't loaded to the oct 17th course and have to wait till november 21st, which is the next course.

i got a hold a him today and he said we weren't on the course tonight

whew, what a relief! Thank God for this forum, and whoever runs it of course  :salute:

November 21st BMQ at Fort York! Anyone else? I heard we're joining the group that started on Oct.17th. It's going to be their 3rd week when we start week 1.

im in that october 17 group its a good group lots of royals and a couple qy rangers

ken_TO said:
November 21st BMQ at Fort York! Anyone else? I heard we're joining the group that started on Oct.17th. It's going to be their 3rd week when we start week 1.

So you won't be with us at Moss Park on Nov. 21?  That's too bad because our BMQ is going to be great! ;)

Pastry said:
whew, what a relief! Thank God for this forum, and whoever runs it of course  :salute:

Agreed, so now for a shameless plug........  http://army.ca/subscribe/

Everything helps Mike keep this site up and running.[and pays me the stipend of 2 beer per year]

Just wondering, does anyone know if there are any parking available on weekends at Moss Park?

Well I heard there was going to be about 120 people on our BMQ not including instructors and if there is anything else that happens on weekends regulary... and it is a small parking lot.. I'd say if you want a parking spot come early and get one close to the exit, its a tight fit in that place.. Assuming cars are allowed but I don't see why not for guys like me coming a huge distance to get there.

ken_TO said:
Just wondering, does anyone know if there are any parking available on weekends at Moss Park?

There are parking spots around the back.  I would assume that those who are on BMQ, and drive, would be allowed to park there.  All you would probably have to do is give them your license plate number.

B0nes said:
Well I heard there was going to be about 120 people on our BMQ not including instructors

B0nes, where did you hear that?  I thought we were told 30-50 recruits.

Back