• Thanks for stopping by. Logging in to a registered account will remove all generic ads. Please reach out with any questions or concerns.

waiting for BMQ (reserves)

I just recieved my joining instructions for BMQ (beginning 2 July in Winnipeg) followed by SQ (1 August).  ;D

for those of you asking for BMQ dates, there one serial in July 2nd and one in July 22nd (this has been confirmed by higher brass).

rob jackson you lucky son of a gun, what fld amb are you with?

to give an update I'm posted to Borden this summer rather than train. Helping out the supply over there. Better than nothing right, but now theres no hope of doing BMQ :*(. I've been givin the dates for BMQ/SQ in the fall but im worried about my weekend exams conflicting with it. uni's not easy and i don't wanna screw it up paying so much a year

RobJackson28 said:
I just recieved my joining instructions for BMQ (beginning 2 July in Winnipeg) followed by SQ (1 August).  ;D

hey Rob, you're really lucky.. I guess it's about time since you were sworn in almost a year ago. Anyway, good luck!

I was sworn in on June 25, then was told to sit around the armoury on intake day. Because I am an alternate and late addition.  I have two questions though.

1) I was not on the list for kit, will showing up with out issued kit hurt my chances?

2) Since when did we have to write a 500+ word biography when getting in?

Hux said:
I was sworn in on June 25, then was told to sit around the armoury on intake day. Because I am an alternate and late addition.  I have two questions though.

1) I was not on the list for kit, will showing up with out issued kit hurt my chances?

2) Since when did we have to write a 500+ word biography when getting in?

You will be asked to write a Bio a few times in your career. So enjoy getting the practice in BMQ, when you hit PLQ or have to compete for a position, your skills will be honed on the experience.

Thanks for the answers.  And I do apologize for the stupid questions and this small thread jack.

Hey guys,

I'm on the same train as most of you...I was sworn in sometime in May and they told me that the summer BMQ course is packed, so ill be expecting a call sometime in late august/early September to be told when I can go on course. (which totally sucks  :mad: )

I have a quick question though, have any of you been assigned your kits yet? He told me ill probably be getting it when I get my call, but I'm just wondering if any of you at least have your uniform to look at while your waiting?

Captain Strike said:
I have a quick question though, have any of you been assigned your kits yet? He told me ill probably be getting it when I get my call, but I'm just wondering if any of you at least have your uniform to look at while your waiting?

I was sworn in at the end of May as well.  When I was sworn in, I got a paper entitled, "Authority for Initial Issue of Kit".  I have been busy, so I haven't had time to get it.  However, the corporal doing the recruiting for the unit gave me a number to call.  I assume that I need to call this number to book an appointment to go down and get my kit.

Did you get anything like that?

I wrote my aptitude exam today, but I did not pass!  I was told that I just barely failed.  I am going for entry as an officer, but it was a little frustrating because my medical and physical went really well.  I have been given another chance though so now that I know what material will be on the exam I can study a little more.  I was told that I did not do well on the spacial portion and that I should study the math components more.  I have an opportunity for BMQ reserve training for early August so as you can well imagine I am a little stressed out because I do no want to miss out on the training.  I am also attending Manitoba Emergency Services College in April 2009 for the Public Fire Paramedic Program.  The exam to get into that college was 5.5 hours long and it covered everything from grade 9 through to grade 12 in all subjects, and I scored above average on it.  I am going to have to take the next week and study hard for this aptitude test though!  I hope you all get your training dates and I look forward to serving with you!  By the way, I am in Saskatoon Sasktchewan.

hey man, don't worry..you'll pass the 2nd time around. Good luck with everything! :salute:

just wondering, has anyone here been informed of swearing in either july 24th or aug 7th at 709?

I have a tentative date for my BMQ which is October 17th at Fort York Armoury.  Has anyone have the same or otherwise?

I have heard that BMQ starts on September 22nd at Moss Park. Hopefully I'll get sworn in before so I can be in that BMQ course.

A buddy of mine who just had his interview asked and they (CFRC) told him that the tentative date was 22nd of September. So I figure I will be receiving a call soon?  *cross fingers*.

Back