• Thanks for stopping by. Logging in to a registered account will remove all generic ads. Please reach out with any questions or concerns.

Wafa Sultan, Arab-American Psychologist

Franko

Staff member
Directing Staff
Inactive
Reaction score
Dead woman walking.......

http://switch5.castup.net/frames/20041020_MemriTV_Popup/video_480x360.asp?ai=214&ar=1050wmv&ak=null

Wow......whoda thunk it?

Regards

I can't believed it was aired.  Unfortunately I don't think it will have much of an impact in the ME with her being a woman and non-believer.

I give her a day at the most before its report of her death or disapperance.

I agree with CFL.

She speaks like a westerner. Hard to disagree with what she says.

Wow...The world could use a few more like her...Too bad that her life expectancy is probably measured in minutes...

A brave, brave woman.

I'm in awe.

A most interesting clip.  A very rare and very brave person to speak out as she has. 

Killing her wouldn't solve much on either part; in fact, it would probably make it worse.  However, I wouldn't be surprised if she was found headless because of the antagonist's cognitive outlook.  I hope the video makes it's rounds.

Some really good points, does anyone know what country this was aired in?  Some of those truths will be hard for people to hear.

However, I think there is some bias there.  She seems to attack the whole Muslim world.  All of Islam is not backward and war mongering.

DSB

I would hope that she lasts more than a few minutes, especially since she is apparently an "Arab American psychologist".  Is it possible she broadcasted to this Al Jazeera show from the United States?

Jeez, that lady has got guts ! I hope she has good luck as well.

If there were more people like her, there would be less people like her.

You have to start somewhere.  Might as well be someone that speaks the language and knows the culture.  In time hopefully more like her will speak out.

2000 years ago there was the first christian.

Everything in time.

I recognize the South West Asian city in the background as may others on this forum. A very brave woman indeed and with International Women's Day fast approaching on 08 March, she gets my vote as "International Woman of the Year." 

I am sure that she knows full well what risk she has just put herself at, and that she must be aware that the Muslim Extremeist view of which she speaks will will ensure that a Fatwa is issued promptly; yet her death would serve only to prove that she is right.

I do not see her as blaming all Muslims in her article, I think that it is quite clear that she is blaming those Muslim's who hold and condone the extremist view as the ideal.

She is supporting tolerance of all people's by all people's. And to the great majority of us, there's nothing wrong or death-deserving with that; unless of course you happen to be one of the 'intolerant' few of whom she speaks. Those intolerant few, unfortunatley, may cost this brave woman her life and that will be a sad day indeed.

Arab-American Psychologist interviewed on Al-Jazeera T.V. speaks her mind on terrorism and the "ignorance of Muslims".

Interview here

WOW

Sweet mother of pearl!!  I hope that woman was sitting in a studio in New York or Toronto.  I wouldn't be surprised if there was a death warrant out for her now. 
That was one of the most bold statements I have ever seen made in public about Islam.

Back