• Thanks for stopping by. Logging in to a registered account will remove all generic ads. Please reach out with any questions or concerns.

Voluntary Occupational Transfer ( VOT )

I begged and pleaded to be let to fight through it and I came out the other end just fine but needing to have the patch permanently attached just behind my ear.

Out of curiosity, do they use screws or glue?

Halifax Tar said:
Yes your right we do send them to sea but you can get a PCAT that will keep one from ever getting a sea going position, I am not sure of the career implications that may have seeing as one would breach the universality of service no ?

I know when I first started going to sea I was deathly sea sick it was contemplated, by my CoC and Snr Med A, to put me on this permanent category. I begged and pleaded to be let to fight through it and I came out the other end just fine but needing to have the patch permanently attached just behind my ear.

It doesnt sound to me like the OP has a seas sickness problem. I may be wrong but it looks to me like he just changed his mind and doesnt like the Navy.

Not liking something does not equal a PCAT.

yes i have sailed before, the thing i meant by me not being built for sea is that i'm always getting hit with sea sickness, i've tried gravel and the new product as well as it doesn't help me at all, it just gets so bad that i can't even do my job properly because i have my head hanging over a toilet, i thought i would be able to hack it at sea but after test and trials it's just not me which is why i was saying it was driving me crazy because im always dredding the next trip because i just can't get over the sea sickness and because of that it makes me miserable which is why i was saying i would be better suitable for a land posting

Cleric515 said:
yes i have sailed before, the thing i meant by me not being built for sea is that i'm always getting hit with sea sickness, i've tried gravel and the new product as well as it doesn't help me at all, it just gets so bad that i can't even do my job properly because i have my head hanging over a toilet, i thought i would be able to hack it at sea but after test and trials it's just not me which is why i was saying it was driving me crazy because im always dredding the next trip because i just can't get over the sea sickness and because of that it makes me miserable which is why i was saying i would be better suitable for a land posting

Holy crap that's hard to read.    :eek:  You should try using periods.  :nod:  I don't imagine the "gravel" made you feel very well at all.  ;)

Well, nice to see a topic that is good for me at the moment. Been a NESOP since 2002, had my 3's, 4's and 5's. Been in Ottawa since 2007 and am now looking to get a remuster. I know that it will be hard to get but the only way I can leave that trade is to go for perminent unfit-sea, I get sea sick everytime I go to sea and it's in my Doc's, so it wont be hard for them to see. Just went to the doctor this week, and I now have to do a full medical. I'm looking to get a remuster into GEOTECH, it would be perfect for me and my family. Will keep you guys up to date.

I would like to steps one would take in asking to remuster.  If someone could direct me to the proper ( if information already exists) spot on the forum it would be greatly appreciated.

Hey everyone, just wondering what the process is for switching from infantry to weapons technician and how difficult is this transfer?

Do you mean changing your trade choices at the Recruiting Centre, or changing trades after being trained and while serving in the infantry?

changing trades after receiving training and serving as a infantry soldier

Voluntary changes of trade are possible if:

a. the trade you are in is "Open" for transfers out,
b. the trade you want to go to is "Open" for transfers in,
c. you meet the entry requirements for the new trade, this may require interview by the Personnel Selection Officer (PSO, and even retaking the CFAT if you need a higher score than what you have on record, and
d. there's nothing on your file that may restrict your transfer such as unresolved medical issues, administrative proceedings such as Counseling and Probation, etc.

If those conditions are all met, then you can be considered for transfer to a new trade. Some trades fill vacancies with trained soldiers to make up for losses in training of recruit applicants (or other unforecasted attrition) for their own trade, but numbers are rarely consistent. Some trades take very few transfers from other trades and people have been known to apply year after year before being selected (if at all). You would have to renew your application each year for consideration.

What if i do not have the engineering know how to become a weapons tech, will i be taught everything i need to know after i transfer or do i need to take a course to get the required skills? If so where can i take this course?

Recruit applicants for the weapon tech trade are not required to have any technical training before being recruited. They are taught everything the CF needs them to know on their trade courses.

Hi guys:

A few months back my wife left after I was posted because of wanting to be closer to her family for support for our new daughter.  She has blood clots on the brain and was born at 1 pound, then there are other issues.  3 years ago as well, our son was born with difficulties as well.  To the point of this, I am wondering how hard it would be to remuster from a Navy trade to something that would most likely keep me back in Ontario.  Say Supply or MSE OP.  I do not want to leave the CF because I realize it is a great job.  I just can't support family being where I am.

Any thoughts appreciated

A remuster is not going to guarantee a posting to Ontario. You're just as likely to leave the coast for training and then be posted to shore in your new trade at the same location. Have you talked to your career manager about a compassionate posting?

Back