• Thanks for stopping by. Logging in to a registered account will remove all generic ads. Please reach out with any questions or concerns.

Voluntary Occupational Transfer ( VOT )

No. The trade I chose is really not a priority to fill so I guess I will have my offer later if I get it.

My wife can`t hear about me talking of my OT anymore... We are so close to know and I can`t wait !!

jlv031 said:
My wife can`t hear about me talking of my OT anymore... We are so close to know and I can`t wait !!

I know the feeling man. My wife is tired of hearing about it too. The waiting game goes on way to long with these things.

aequitas said:
I know the feeling man. My wife is tired of hearing about it too. The waiting game goes on way to long with these things.

Agreed, I am getting a bit ancy waiting to hear. Its the last week ish of april, right now is what I and most would consider End April, so hopefully they come out soon. Id be extremely happy with either one of my choices. Both would have their benefits too me.

Ncm sep is out for september and january program gor those that want a plan B without an other year waiting

jlv031 said:
Ncm sep is out for september and january program gor those that want a plan B without an other year waiting

Check the SIP first. i know for my two choices at lest the SEP intake internal and external for the next few years is 0. the PSO suggested it as a plan B too when i told her that the SIP said ) she said oh... well then you can still try it if you want. I'm not personally i don't feel like filling out paper work just for the sake of filling it out.

this waiting game needs to end soon. i have been hunting around and from what i can find only the Flt Egnr's have received offers so far.

yes it sucks waiting, try not to get them panties in a bunch.

IT also depends on when the required trades courses are running as well, the FEs might have a course in June or July that needs to be filled.

From what I gather and have been told, Boards sit at different times (all within the same few weeks after the SIP comes out,) but hence why it can be a pain waiting some trades get theres before, some after,

upandatom said:
yes it sucks waiting, try not to get them panties in a bunch.

IT also depends on when the required trades courses are running as well, the FEs might have a course in June or July that needs to be filled.

From what I gather and have been told, Boards sit at different times (all within the same few weeks after the SIP comes out,) but hence why it can be a pain waiting some trades get theres before, some after,

Just to add WRT to the FEs, the ones who were selected for Aurora showed up for their course very recently down my way.  I don't know about the other communities, but our's has staggered starts for all different trades (Plt, FE, ACSO and AES Op), as each trade has different trg times total, with the goal being to have all of them enter the flying/tactical phase as one and fly as a crew.

But, yup some baby FEs have been showing up, as recently as this week.

BPSO said no offers were received at Kingston apparently..    and for anyone OTing out of ACISS apparently it looks better than first thought as the trade is at 100% according to the career manager.

ryanski said:
BPSO said no offers were received at Kingston apparently..    and for anyone OTing out of ACISS apparently it looks better than first thought as the trade is at 100% according to the career manager.

Good news for ACISS VOT hopefuls;  green trades are allowed 2% of the TES 'out'.

ryanski said:

No Offers were recived YET. lots of time left in this process. the SIP just was released last week. SIP is step one in the new FY 

ryanski said:

Yeah, Because all they have done is Fudge Numbers, HARD. From what I can tell they have done is count ACISS CORE/CST/LST/ IST as all ACISS. Inturn this is beefing up numbers. I guess this is another way to do it as the intent of MES was to have a Jack of all Trades Master of none kind of soldier. We are still a whiles away from that though.
IT shows at the units though, missing those qualified people to do the job.

From it going Yellow to green, I think the number goes from 33 OUT to 47 (I think this will include CTU)OUT. which is a fair amount. From what I gather, alot of ACISS are still waiting it out. Happy and set in the ways.

Side Note;
Trying to figure out where you guys see its green, from the OUT CAP at the ISS page is shows yellow, skimming the bottom yellow too.

As well CMs are in a panic right now with the $100 Mil cut from D MIL C posting budget, to the point where people are being denied promotions due to no money to post them unless it is a No Cost Move.

it is now then 1st of May just wondering if anyone has gotten an offer for their VOT, i have checked messages every day the past month and nothing yet, another friend in the same trade has not heard anything as well. so just wondering if anyone else is having better luck in this years VOT selection.

Good luck for all those still waiting.

Nothing in Kingston,  to date the only messages I have seen for this year wrt VOTs were for FEs and they were feb-mar time frame. I'll check today wen this network shutdown is over.

Grim said:
it is now then 1st of May just wondering if anyone has gotten an offer for their VOT, i have checked messages every day the past month and nothing yet, another friend in the same trade has not heard anything as well. so just wondering if anyone else is having better luck in this years VOT selection.

Good luck for all those still waiting.

I wouldnt get all panicky and downtrodden there boys and girls, There is alot going on right now in the CF. I do know that boards have sat and they are awaiting DG approval. I panicked because my EMAA-My career-AVOT was a deadlink and had no information on it. I then inquired and I was told the boards sat and awaiting DG approval.

From what I saw though, numbers looked good, unless everyone including us and their dogs did a AVOT to Spec ops firefighter cosmonaut, I think most of us should be good.

Back